PDA

View Full Version : Disgusted

Observer
09-10-2003, 12:33 AM
I was very annoyed the other night driving home when I saw a momma cat and her baby crossing the street.

It really bugs me that people think it's okay to let their pet cats roam around outside.

Maybe on a country farm it'd be okay, but in crowded suburban neighborhoods or cities .. I simply find it unacceptable .. I don't care if the cat always comes home .. that's a lame excuse to let a cat outside to roam .. and one day he won't be coming home.

I'm sorry if I offend anyone with this, but I just can not see any legitimate reason why a cat should be permitted to roam on their own outside.

The life span of an outdoor cat is half that of a cat kept indoors.

superfecta
09-10-2003, 12:41 AM
letting them roam the streets at all hours and forgetting them in the car on a hot day,why should their pets be any different?

Observer
09-10-2003, 01:02 AM
yes, I totally agree with that .. I guess this just became my vent of the week because I'm finding increasing difficulty in driving around where I need to go because it seems on nearly all my travels these days there's always a cat on the sidelines preparing to dart across the road .. and it really ticks me off! I hate seeing animals hit on the road .. especially animals that are supposed to be beloved pets.

I'll save my vent on careless behavior of parents for another day. But since I am on the topic of driving .. since I do a lot of that .. I will say I find it shocking just how many parents are in a fog when it comes to child safety in cars .. but then again these are usually the same people trying to read the newspaper while driving. It did boggle my mind when I saw a dad buckled into his seat, yet his little girl was kneeling on the backseat, facing the wrong way so she could play with her dolls on the rear-window ledge.