PDA

View Full Version : Woodford Gr3-Kee R6

PhantomOnTour
10-09-2010, 12:18 PM
All the big contenders are age 6 or older (Silver Timber, Chamberlain Bridge, Cal Flag, even Ravalo)....Atta Boy Roy is only 5 but I don't rate him a serious contender...

Let's swang for the fences with George Weaver and Fiddler's Patriot # :8:

WTF!?

We've got a NY bred making his stakes debut in a Gr3 and his first foray outside of the Empire State...tough task, but as you know I hate chalk and I love Weaver. He did set the course record at Sar in his last and his internal splits were awesome. His two previous sloppy/muddy track races were his best (some say mud form transfers well to turf) and he showed a strong move in both. He then repeated that strong move in his turf debut while cruising home.
I would not advise Castellano (Weaver's go-to-guy) to go to the front with Atta Boy, Cali Flag and Century City all possessing good speed; but he showed a very nice stalk and finish move in his Aqu win last year.

Yep, the company lines ain't much and Weaver struggles in GrStks....BUT...I will place my financial faith in a trainer/jock combo that has reaped big dividends for me in the past. If Fiddler's Patriot hits the board I should get paid. Not sure who I will use with him in exotics but the spread will be wide as I don't want to miss out on a possible nice payday...30-1 ML.

"Ooooooh Georrrrrrge Weava'...I believe you can get me thru the me-eeet"

(I post this pick at the risk of embarrassment)

PhantomOnTour
10-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Okay, here's the play...I will use most of the older guys on top as they have the class.

TRI:
:4: :6: :9:
:2: :3: :4: :6: :9: :11: :13:
:8:

EX:
:4: :6: :9:

Smaller EX:
:2: :3: :13:

WIN:

slew101
10-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Will play Chamberlain Bridge here. Like his running style and will try to beat California Flag.

PhantomOnTour
10-09-2010, 03:24 PM
WOW!

The :8: stands at 6-1...down from 30-1 ML...underlay.

PhantomOnTour
10-09-2010, 03:47 PM
never post anything at the risk of embarrassment. These prophecies have a way of coming true :blush:

I did manage to outfinish California Flag for last! :D

slew101
10-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Always tough to beat the chalk and still lose. :bang: