PDA

View Full Version : Breeder's Crown Finals at Pokie

RaceTrackDaddy
10-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Went ahead and capped the card....though my site is not active currently as we plan to be back in May 2011, I went ahead and posted them on my site.

http://mysite.verizon.net/r.zanakis/picks/pokiesat.htm

Noticed that all races have superfecta wagering. Just wish Pocono and the other Pa harness tracks offered the dime super as the flat tracks in Pa do.

Have a great night one and all!

pandy
10-08-2010, 11:33 PM
My free picks for the Breeders Crown are at www.ustrotting.com

Ray2000
10-09-2010, 07:01 AM
Good luck guys and to all.

Here's my pick tickets..

Low paying Pic4?.....24 tkts

R3.....3,1 .........Fitness Girl-7/2 .............Who can tell with 2yo trotting fillies
R4.....4 ...........Lucky Chucky-5/2 .........Simply the best
R5.....1,2,5 ......See You At Peelers-5/2 .But rooting for Honky Tonk
R6.....3,4,2,5 ...Dejarmbro-5/2 ...............Should be a barn burner at the start

Pic 6...32 tkts

R8.....4,2 ..........Shadyshark Hanover-4/1....Champlain 2nd to Big Jim was impressive
R9.....8,1 ..........Up Front Juansteen-15/1....My 13/1 longshot pick last week, playback
R10....6,7 .........Ginger And Fred-5/1...........Leave out Dreamfair???
R11....3 ............Put On A Show-5/2...........11/13 speaks loud
R12....6,4,1,2 ....Lisagain-10/1....................My other longshot pick
R13....3 ............Rock N Roll Heaven-2/1 ....Hopefully a carpet-pacer for me

Should be a great night of racing..

Zman179
10-09-2010, 10:15 AM
Free Pocono Program:

http://www.standardbredcanada.ca/files/PoconoRevisedFinalProgram10-9-10.pdf

Tom
10-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Boxcars in the 3rd!

That should thin out the P4 a bit.

lamboguy
10-09-2010, 08:30 PM
My free picks for the Breeders Crown are at www.ustrotting.com (http://www.ustrotting.com)i didn't know that you were a handicapper, but i did follow your link. this is the most amazing job of handicapping that i have ever seen in my entire life. basically it is impossible to handicap breeders cup races and you have ran circles on those races up until the 8th race so far at pokono. harness racing is an exciting game, and also the guy that is announcing the races there tonight is great as well.

RaceTrackDaddy
10-09-2010, 11:50 PM
Final Results and statistics
http://mysite.verizon.net/r.zanakis/stats/pokiesatres.htm

pandy
10-10-2010, 12:10 AM
Thanks Lamboguy, fortunately I was down there and made some money. There were two horses that really stuck out to me, the 2yo pacer Big Jim, who I loved tonight. I think this colt will be very tough in 3yo events next year, he is very hard to drive, had trouble again on the first turn tonight, but he is a fast 2yo who can finish strongly. Kudos to driver Phil Hudon who did a great job.

The other one, 2yo trotting colt Manofmanymissions I didn't bet strongly because he broke a number of times last week and raced incredible to make the final, and with a bunch of breakers there tonight I really figured he was odds-on to break again. But I bet him anyway and he almost broke several times but somehow won and paid $28 and change. This horse will win the Hambletonian if they can keep him on stride, he is a monster. He actually was a few lengths off the gate at the start too. If this horse had his nose on the gate and trotted smoothly he would've won the race by 10 lengths.

netbet
10-10-2010, 09:16 AM
That was an exciting night of racing. I went straight from the Keeneland card and watched every race of the BC.

Is there a Stable Watch feature available for the sulkies?
I have to give Poke and Hope Downs kudos for a good night of racing.

I might have to make it to the Meadows some night/afternoon in the near future.

Canarsie
10-10-2010, 10:21 AM
That was an exciting night of racing. I went straight from the Keeneland card and watched every race of the BC.

Is there a Stable Watch feature available for the sulkies?
I have to give Poke and Hope Downs kudos for a good night of racing.

I might have to make it to the Meadows some night/afternoon in the near future.

Here you go they even send a text to your mobile 47 minutes before post.

http://www.trackmaster.com/stable/

netbet
10-10-2010, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the information.

I took a glance at the Meadows Racing website. It is nice that you can get free video and race replays.

So while I was out this afternoon I decided to pick up a Meadows program for the Monday afternoon racing.

As I was looking through the program I ran across a very small section labeled "Retention Rates"...well my eyes almost fell out of my skull when I saw "Trifecta - 35%"....WTF!

Ok, so WPS is 17% and all other wagers is 20% but who in their right frame of mind would give away 35%.

Well, I'll most certainly find some race to bet but you can be assured it won't be a trifecta.

pandy
10-10-2010, 10:07 PM
Pocono Downs recently lowered the takeout on trifectas and superfectas but the other PA. tracks, including PARX all have absurdly high takeouts on some exotics.

pandy
10-11-2010, 12:44 PM
I've got a BC wrap up column at www.ustrotting.com