PDA

View Full Version : Finger Lakes Contest

Tom
09-09-2003, 08:25 PM
Zafonic-
They posted the details tonight on their webpage-
Mandatories are FL R2,3,5,6,8 and 9.
Any combo for the other 6 from Calder, Monmouth, Belmont.
Doors open at 11am-If we get there early, we can get seats together. I have a friend who is splitting with me-whatever one wins. we split. He is a manage of an OTB parlor and a I think he is still using Pizzola'a Master Handciapper. Contest is in the upper grandstand in the private booth section-we each get a desk, plush rocking charr, TV, outlet for laptops - which are allowed, but no internet provided.
And a buffet dinner from 12-2:30. Should be a great day.
I will email you my phone number and cell phone (learned the value of this from Suff).
You should have gotten a packett in the mail today, or maybe tomorrow. If you are coming in Friday, you can pick up your free program and DRF at the track 3-6:30pm.
Hopefully, we can all get seats close by.

You will ned ID to get your contest package.

If anyone else is planning on being there, let me know. Dinner after the races is on me.

Zaf
09-09-2003, 10:02 PM
Thanks Tom,

Thanks for the update, I was very interested to know the simulcast tracks.

Good point about the cell phone. When I was at Toga I neglected to jot down Suffs, figured it would be easy to find him and the guys, took me about 45 minutes to find the guys :o

I will send you my cell number. I will be there at 11 A.M., maybe a couple of minutes earlier. Would love to sit with you guys. I do not know of anyone else who is coming. Just look for the guy holding the notebook with Sponge Bob, Squiward, Patrick & Sandy. It will be quite obvious.

I would be interested to talk to your buddy about the Master Handicapper. I have Pizzolla's book and his first program Handicapping Magician. I do not use it anymore. I will be using Equisim and the good old print edition of the DRF Saturday.

Thanks for the offer for dinner, we'll see who's the big winner on the day, if by some fluke its me, I couldn't let you pay for dinner.

Should be a great day !!!

ZAFONIC

09-11-2003, 04:15 PM
HEY YOU GUYS, GOOD LUCK AT THE THUMB THIS WEEKEND!!!!
IT'S TOUGH GOING BACK TO OLD FINGER LAKES AFTER AN AUGUST OF SARATOGA!!!
LIKE TO MEET YOU GUYS!!!
I'LL BE THERE. BUT NOT IN CONTEST.
GOOD LUCK AGAIN
MIKE

Tom
09-11-2003, 07:45 PM
Look us up---I will have a white notebook with a blow up phot of my monkee avatar on the back-I will be waving it around looking for a guy with SpongeBob Square pants.

09-11-2003, 08:03 PM
I GUESS I SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIND YOU GUYS THEN!!!!!!

09-11-2003, 08:07 PM
IGNORE THAT LAST SUBJECT HEADING---GUESS I DIDN'T KNOW WHERE THE CURSER WAS BLINKING!!!
SEE YA!!!

Zaf
09-11-2003, 09:31 PM
Mike,

We should be very easy to spot. Look forward to meeting you.

There's a picture of me in the Saratoga Getaway Photo Album. I believe its on page 18.

ZAFONIC

09-11-2003, 09:50 PM
YOU GUYS WILL BE THE ONES HOLDING UP THE WINNERS CHECK!!!!!