PDA

View Full Version : New IMAC

redshift1
10-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Just traded in my G5 Power PC for a new a IMAC anybody using Apple OS.

kevb
10-09-2010, 06:27 PM
Hi RedShift,

I have had an iMac for the past 3 years. Which one did you get?

If you haven't already done so, be sure to install the Flip4Mac software so that you can watch Windows streaming media. I use XpressBet and TVG. Flip4Mac is necessary for the XpressBet video feed.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

kevb

redshift1
10-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Hi RedShift,

I have had an iMac for the past 3 years. Which one did you get?

If you haven't already done so, be sure to install the Flip4Mac software so that you can watch Windows streaming media. I use XpressBet and TVG. Flip4Mac is necessary for the XpressBet video feed.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

kevb

The i3 with the 27" screen, I transferred all my settings and files so all is well, I have Flip4Mac already.

Are you using any handicapping software that works with 10.6.4 ?

kevb
10-09-2010, 11:22 PM
I use Equisim occasionally which I run on Windows Vista on VMware.

What software do you use?

Kevb

redshift1
10-10-2010, 01:34 AM
I use Equisim occasionally which I run on Windows Vista on VMware.

What software do you use?

Kevb

I made my own excel spreadsheet to use with Office for Macs.

kevb
10-10-2010, 12:31 PM
I tried making a handicapping spreadsheet a while ago, but it was too much for me. Do you import BRIS data?

Does the new iMac feel a lot zippier than your old G5? I am going to probably upgrade when the next generation of iMacs comes out. Do you like the 27" screen, or is it too big?

kevb

redshift1
10-10-2010, 01:23 PM
I tried making a handicapping spreadsheet a while ago, but it was too much for me. Do you import BRIS data?

Does the new iMac feel a lot zippier than your old G5? I am going to probably upgrade when the next generation of iMacs comes out. Do you like the 27" screen, or is it too big?

kevb

No importing, I hand key the data using simple formulas for calculating. I only handicap 3-4 times a year.

A little faster than the G5 and no wires since Its all bluetooth only a power cord. The screen is great not to big for me but It does run hot. No yellow tint issues either.

The G5 was getting a little old otherwise I would have kept it.