PDA

View Full Version : Late NYRA scratches

misscashalot
10-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Scratches at the gate at NYRA is endemic. I don't know if it's the NYRA vet who is not doing his job by not checking each horse in the stalls prior to the race or what; but I don't think the majority of all scratches after they leave their stalls to enter the track is caused by warming up. Yesterday and today during the first races both favs was scratched. Yesterday after entering the gate with zero min and today 5 mins before post time. The beat goes on. Does anyone who works for NYRA care? I think not. It's almost an everyday event.

turfnsport
10-08-2010, 05:20 PM
It sucks, but I'll take a late scratch over a breakdown any day.

takeout
10-08-2010, 05:59 PM
I would think Charles Town would have to be the leader in the late scratch dept. If the vet makes them start to circle right before they get to the gate it’s almost “death and taxes”.

Spendabuck85
10-08-2010, 08:32 PM
The scratch of the #5 in the first race was not vet related which is why it was allowed to run for purse money. The horse ran on Weds but it was not included in the PP's thus the reason for exclusion from betting.
One could argue that this should have been caught before betting opened.

turfnsport
10-08-2010, 08:37 PM
The scratch of the #5 in the first race was not vet related which is why it was allowed to run for purse money. The horse ran on Weds but it was not included in the PP's thus the reason for exclusion from betting.
One could argue that this should have been caught before betting opened.

The horse's running line was included in both my DRF and BRIS PP's which I downloaded early Thursday. I heard it was not in the Youbet PP's and probably did not make the track program.