PDA

View Full Version : On Your Knees handicappers and horse fans

samyn on the green
10-07-2010, 04:31 AM
It is time to give thanks and recognition to HRTV and TVG for keeping the niche that racing exists in alive. Since ESPN has been given the reins for broadcasting horseraces the coverage has all but disappeared. Without these two channels horseracing would only be seen for a few hours each year on TV.

At least with HRTV and TVG horse racing fans have a place to watch the sport on a daily basis. A venture to say that the coverage is good, maybe not world class but certainly better than some other cable channels. If you think things are bad now, they could easily get worse. Horse racing is just a step away from the land of exiled irrelevancy such as sports like handball or dog racing. Thanks to HRTV and TVG for keeping the sport somewhat vital. Just laugh off the "talent tickets" and you should be okay.

PhantomOnTour
10-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Samyn, I agree.

Even if ESPN were still giving racing some good weekend airtime it still wouldn't be near what the exclusive racing channels do.

xfile
10-07-2010, 11:06 AM
HRTV live internet feed is well worth the yearly price even if you have hrtv on tv. I run the feed all day long. My wife can watch what she wants on the tv and everyone is happy. If an important race comes up I just take over the tv for 2 minutes.

letswastemoney
10-07-2010, 11:38 AM
The problem is, it takes away from the extra audience it could be receiving by sticking to those networks. ESPN at least introduces the game to those that otherwise wouldn't see it.

OTM Al
10-07-2010, 01:12 PM
The problem is, it takes away from the extra audience it could be receiving by sticking to those networks. ESPN at least introduces the game to those that otherwise wouldn't see it.

They did that for Australian Rules Football too once. We watched but can't say anyone did any more than that.

chickenhead
10-07-2010, 01:39 PM
I really wish the NTRA would approach Youtube and negotiate a deal to just put all the continuous track feeds on Youtube. They are looking for live, professional content to air, and horseracing would be great unique niche content for them.

There is no reason we can't have 1080p streams of everything straight to every TV, Computer, and Phone.

If you have a youtube account and are on a wide screen, try www.youtube.com/leanback and imagine using that for track feeds. It'd be heaven.