PDA

View Full Version : Teaching history with govt grant in OKC

GaryG
10-06-2010, 08:58 PM
This is how far we have come folks......:lol:

The Oklahoma City public school district is taking a second look at a plan to teach at-risk students using rap and hip-hop after receiving complaints over one lesson referring to the founding fathers as "old dead white men."
The program, known as Flocabulary, is an educational tool that uses rap and hip-hop music to help students learn and memorize basic principles of vocabulary, reading, writing, social studies, math and science. The district was authorized to spend $97,000 in federal funds on the program and has already spent $10,000.

Tom
10-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Why is my federal tax money going to teach morons in OK?
Let Ok teach their own dummies.

bigmack
10-06-2010, 10:37 PM
Awww yeah, Homes! I be down with some of that Flo'Cab.

I bust out Macbeth, uh huh, when I got the scrilla to fire up my ride.
I gets my posse togetha and glide, glide, glide.
Get me some of that Willie the Shake.
'Cause he done sizzle like a T-Bone steak.

Hit it Willie! (waca waca waca)
Hit it Willie! (waca waca waca)
Hit it Willie!(waca waca waca)....

E4cMHnWIR9k

Steve 'StatMan'
10-07-2010, 09:13 AM
Next up in the cafeteria, to get kids to eat their vegetables, "Sugar Frosted Grean Peas"

prospector
10-07-2010, 11:04 AM
more reasons to shut down the teachers unions..
crap in, crap out..

Steve 'StatMan'
10-07-2010, 11:30 AM
Sure, I want kids to learn, but some things are ridiculous. If the kids won't listen when their teachers (and parents and rest of society) talks to them, and require others to rap or hip-hop sing their lessons/instructions to them, when will they ever learn to listen? Will their college teachers, bosses, etc. have to learn to rap and do hip-hop to get parts of future generations to do anything?

How do we get kids to listen normally? At some point, will the kids willingly convert to regular lesson plans, or will tbey stay in rap,hip-hop, or worse- eubonics mode?