PDA

View Full Version : Don't like Z, get paid to bet against her

pandy
10-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Bodog.com is offering an interesting prop bet on the BC Classic. If you bet $20 to win on any horse in the race against Zenyatta, and Zenyatta wins, your $20 bet will be refunded.

Keep in mind, this is a future bet so if your horse is scratched you lose. This seems like a smart bet for all of you who are certain that Zenyatta is a game but cheap nickel-bred who just got on a lucky streak while beating up on the slowest GR1 horses in the history of racing over a four year period.

horses4courses
10-05-2010, 09:36 PM
I went to bodog.com, and nothing but the regular (cramped odds) futures were readily available.

It's been some time since I bet with them, because checks were taking forever to get here.

What I wanted to find out is this:

How long are they planning to offer this promo?

classhandicapper
10-05-2010, 10:12 PM
I can't find it either.

Dahoss9698
10-05-2010, 10:14 PM
This seems like a smart bet for all of you who are certain that Zenyatta is a game but cheap nickel-bred who just got on a lucky streak while beating up on the slowest GR1 horses in the history of racing over a four year period.

Nice touch.

BluegrassProf
10-05-2010, 10:14 PM
Not to detract from the topic at hand, but damn...this asshattery:...for all of you who are certain that Zenyatta is a game but cheap nickel-bred who just got on a lucky streak while beating up on the slowest GR1 horses in the history of racing over a four year period.is silly zilly, as is the framing of the thread. No one "doesn't like Zenyatta," and if you'd kindly point out the last time anyone referred to her as a "cheap nickel bred," that be awesome.

I'll go ahead and hold my breath. 123go...

In the meantime, you should prolly go ahead and hold off on boiling the discussion down to this whole oversimplified "either/or" sorta thing, whether you're talking about Zenyatta, her competition, or the contexts in which each has faced the other - it's a superduper ineffective method of discussion and/or debate, and mas importantly, I'm confident you're bigger than all that.

Just a thought. :ThmbUp:

tzipi
10-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Bodog.com is offering an interesting prop bet on the BC Classic. If you bet $20 to win on any horse in the race against Zenyatta, and Zenyatta wins, your $20 bet will be refunded.

Keep in mind, this is a future bet so if your horse is scratched you lose. This seems like a smart bet for all of you who are certain that Zenyatta is a game but cheap nickel-bred who just got on a lucky streak while beating up on the slowest GR1 horses in the history of racing over a four year period.

Who were the G1's this year?

jelly
10-05-2010, 10:19 PM

You better believe I'll be betting against her(with both fist).I just hope she makes It to the BC.

Mr Saratoga
10-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Sounds like an interesting proposition wager, but it is very hard to get your money out of bodog. I had a problem collecting once, called them, and was told that they had the right to hold my money for up to 30 days. Since then I switched to Twinspires, and have recieved a check in 2 or 3 days.

classhandicapper
10-05-2010, 10:26 PM
You better believe I'll be betting against her(with both fist).I just hope she makes It to the BC.

I've got news for you.

I read a rumor somewhere else that she wasn't 100% going into the Ladies Secret. Supposedly she was having a minor hind quarter problem. I have no idea whether that's true and I'm sure if it was something serious she would not have run, but the rumors are already starting. :lol:

classhandicapper
10-05-2010, 10:42 PM
Who were the G1's this year?

It has been kind of difficult for a mare to win a Grade 1 in CA over the last 3 years because Zenyatta won practically all of them. :lol:

St Trinians is not a Grade 1 winner, but she's beat a couple of Grade 1 winners in a Grade 2 race.

Switch is not a Grade 1 winner, but she's beaten Blind Luck (Grade 1 winner on dirt and synthetic), been highly competitive with Evening Jewel (Grade 1 winner on turf and synthetic and missed by nose in Grade 1 on dirt against Blind Luck), Tanda (Grade 1 placing as much the best on dirt) and Amen Hallelujah (Grade 2 winner and Grade 1 placing on dirt).

The CA 3YO filly division is massively underrated. They have been terrific on synthetic, turf, and dirt from coast to coast.

Switch is not the best one, but she's not far off the top on synthetic and is just hitting her best stride. She'll be a Grade 1 winner if she keeps running as soon as Zenyatta retires.

pandy
10-05-2010, 11:16 PM
http://www.bodog.com/play-now/breeders-cup-classic-zenyatta-betting.html

classhandicapper
10-06-2010, 11:08 AM
http://www.bodog.com/play-now/breeders-cup-classic-zenyatta-betting.html

Thank you.

mountainman
10-06-2010, 11:23 AM
Free stabs against the synth-queen in a g1 dirt race versus boys? I'm your huckleberry.

mountainman
10-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Upon further reflection, what a paradoxical proposition for handicappers who truly hate on the Z-TRAIN.

chickenhead
10-06-2010, 05:44 PM
this is only a really good prop for someone who likes Zenyatta's chances (maybe thats what mountainman is referring to.)

Seems obvious, right? If you really think Zenyatta has zero shot, this prop offers you little. You only get refunded if she wins. It's like getting free insurance for a submarine crashing into your house. Who cares.

If you think she's got a great shot -- then it's an interesting prop for you. You're getting insurance on something you think has a good shot at happening, and hence a much-closer-to-free roll on someone else.