PDA

View Full Version : Does this Video Remind us of Anyone on this Forum?

boxcar
10-04-2010, 09:46 PM
Permit me to be even more direct, if I may: Mr. 'cap, does this vid remind you of anyone on this forum?

And, Mosty, take your cue from your beloved messiah. Quit trying to use the bible to formulate public policy. For one thing and from a spiritual viewpoint, only the Sons of Light can do this; whereas the sons of darkness do not have the truth in them. And from a public policy perspective, guys like you suddenly have a big lapse of memory when it comes to the separation of church and state doctrine -- and the place of God and the bible in public discourse and policy.

Obama, ironically had it right in the video. Sounding like a true unbeliever, that many of us believe he is, only such a person could raise the kinds of questions he did. I venture to say his confusion of the bible was as genuine as 'cap's, -- in fact, as it would be with any non-Christian.

http://visiontoamerica.org/petition/petition-to-demand-obama-apologize-for-mocking-god.html

Boxcar

HUSKER55
10-05-2010, 04:20 AM
I can't wait for the spin on this.

hcap
10-05-2010, 05:55 AM
Permit me to be even more direct, if I may: Mr. 'cap, does this vid remind you of anyone on this forum?Could it be the "Sons of Light" are busy making spiritual judgments up the kazoo again?

It must be comforting to think you know know who gets raptured up into the great beyond and who gets sent down.

Btw, Obama got it right.

fast4522
10-05-2010, 06:07 AM
It is very clear to me why so far 1 million dollars has been spent on lawyers in regards to a simple birth certificate.

hcap
10-05-2010, 06:15 AM
Every single lawsuit both local and before the Supreme Court have concluded and ruled against the "birthers". Over 20 or 30 cases thrown out.

But you self proclaimed "Sons of Light " continue bullshitting.

fast4522
10-05-2010, 06:58 AM
Every single lawsuit both local and before the Supreme Court have concluded and ruled against the "birthers". Over 20 or 30 cases thrown out.

Thats ok Hcup, support your Muslim.

hcap
10-05-2010, 07:04 AM
Must be tough for you and boxxar being genuine "Sons of Light".

Fighting valiantly and struggling against us wicked "Sons of Darkness"

fast4522
10-05-2010, 07:12 AM
I have no doubt that your writing these posts with your dashiki & kufi on. As we paint everything in the election to be Obama just as you have Bushed everything up. Guess what we outnumber you and will show up in numbers to make corrections.

boxcar
10-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Could it be the "Sons of Light" are busy making spiritual judgments up the kazoo again?

It must be comforting to think you know know who gets raptured up into the great beyond and who gets sent down.

Btw, Obama got it right.

I agree. I said that myself. For a self-professed Christian, he shares the same sentiments of most unbelievers. He flew his true colors in the video. His arrogant, mocking words in the vid betrayed him for the liar he is.

And could it be that you're overreaching again? There are only two kinds of people in this world, spiritually speaking.

John 12:36
"While you have the light, believe in the light, in order that you may become sons of light."
NASB

1 Thess 5:5-6
5 for you are all sons of light and sons of day. We are not of night nor of darkness; 6 so then let us not sleep as others do, but let us be alert and sober.
NASB

Do not complain, 'cap. You have chosen the path of darkness for yourself -- and you didn't even pack so much as a match stick for your life's journey. ;)

Boxcar

Boxcar

boxcar
10-05-2010, 11:45 AM

No...we continue questioning a proven liar who could so easily put this issue to bed once and for all. Or have you Sons of Darkness come up with the real BC and are keeping it under wraps for us until Christmas Day? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

boxcar
10-05-2010, 11:52 AM
Must be tough for you and boxxar being genuine "Sons of Light".

Fighting valiantly and struggling against us wicked "Sons of Darkness"

Your words betray your ignorance. You are truly stumbling around in the dark. Have you not read that the Christian's real battle is not against flesh and blood?

Eph 6:12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
NASB

So, quit flattering yourself already. You and your ilk are really not the center of the universe.

Boxcar

mostpost
10-05-2010, 12:15 PM
I don't know Hcap's religious beliefs, but I do know Boxcar's. He has made them annoyingly clear. For those of you who are new here, Boxcar says he is a Christian. Nothing could be further from the truth. Boxcar worships at the altar of Boxcar. He is the patron saint of selfish. He is the high priest of arrogant. He passes judgement from the Mt. Olympus of his ego. In Boxcar's mind there are two categories of people; the blessed, that's him, and the damned, that's the rest of us.

boxcar
10-05-2010, 01:10 PM
I don't know Hcap's religious beliefs, but I do know Boxcar's. He has made them annoyingly clear. For those of you who are new here, Boxcar says he is a Christian. Nothing could be further from the truth. Boxcar worships at the altar of Boxcar. He is the patron saint of selfish. He is the high priest of arrogant. He passes judgement from the Mt. Olympus of his ego. In Boxcar's mind there are two categories of people; the blessed, that's him, and the damned, that's the rest of us.

Actually, in Jesus' mind there are only "two categories of people". I find myself agreeing with the Lord. You do not, which will be your undoing unless you repent and change your ways. Why do you complain about being numbered with the "damned"? Have you not freely chosen your path -- the same way Hcap has?

And have you not claimed to attend church every Sunday? Do you attend because you believe yourself to be a Christian? If so, why can you not bring yourself to believe this passage, as one example?

Luke 13:3-5
"I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish. 4 "Or do you suppose that those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, were worse culprits than all the men who live in Jerusalem? 5 "I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish."
NASB

Mark 1:15
and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel."
NASB

And do not deceive yourself into thinking that most of the world believes in God. So what? The demons believe in God, too, and shudder (Jas 2:19). Only those who have the faith of Abraham will be reckoned as righteous by God.

Rom 4:3
3 For what does the Scripture say? "And Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness."
NASB

And true faith expresses itself in concrete ways when a professing believer seeks, learns and does the revealed will of God.

John 14:20-24
21 "He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me; and he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him, and will disclose Myself to him." 22 Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, "Lord, what then has happened that You are going to disclose Yourself to us, and not to the world?" 23 Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him, and make Our abode with him. 24 "He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father's who sent Me.
NASB

But you...you are enamored with the commandments, laws, and precepts of ungodly politicians. You are fully absorbed in the foolish wisdom
of the world. Your faith is in man, not God.

Yes, there are only two kinds of people in the world. The Wise and the Foolish. And that's not my message. It's the message of scripture. So...feel free to shoot the messenger all you want....but God's word is everlasting. You will never bring down its message.

Boxcar
P.S. By the way, what happened to diversity and plurality in this society? Where's your tolerance for those who don't believe as you do? Aren't you supposed to be tolerant and understanding of those with different views? Just asking... :rolleyes:

hcap
10-05-2010, 04:47 PM
I don't know Hcap's religious beliefs, but I do know Boxcar's. He has made them annoyingly clear. For those of you who are new here, Boxcar says he is a Christian. Nothing could be further from the truth. Boxcar worships at the altar of Boxcar. He is the patron saint of selfish. He is the high priest of arrogant. He passes judgement from the Mt. Olympus of his ego. In Boxcar's mind there are two categories of people; the blessed, that's him, and the damned, that's the rest of us.Box and I have had many debates over the years. At least that was when I had patience for dealing with Mr Sanctimonious. Anyway, I do believe in the essence of many religions having studied Zen Sufism and older forms of Judaism and Christianity. So when Mr Sanctimonious claims I am destined for hell and am an "unbeliever", I cannot argue the first part, but am certainly not anti believing. I just avoid spiritual judgments concerning the state of others. (Although Mr Sanctimonious' slam dunk certainty of everything is a telling insight into a raging ego and obstructionist pride).

Here is one debate we held awhile ago

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16771&highlight=bible

The Bible On Trial

And I explained some of what I believe
My world view, although influenced by the internet as far as religion goes, has basically revolved around the same key issues originating from studies 25 years ago. The inconsistencies, and contradictory stories d contained within the bible, led me to NOT think linearly. My initial introduction to the old testament was quite literal. When I finally, though much later realized that Moses, battling Pharaoh and leading the children of Israel out of Egypt, made much more sense as an allegory for growth of ones' inner psychological and spiritual life, I stopped thinking linearly.

You should try it sometime. It tends to free you from pouring " new wine into old wineskins" Most of the religions I have studied, in addition to Christianity point to the inability to understand God through only the intellect. In fact in Zen, the Koan, a seemingly contradictory phrase or story given to the student is designed to "trick" the normal intellect to remove itself from understanding the Koan itself. It must be "understood" with normally dormant parts of the mind.

At some point the story of Moses as a real historical event may be discerned. Meanwhile we can try to understand the least distorted level of the story-the symbolic. It is not necessary to know for a fact that God assigned plagues to Egypt, killing real firstborn Egyptian males, only that this takes place in ones inner growth. The separation of the wheat from the chaff is spoken about in other scriptures as well. Inwardly Egypt represents all that hinders inner growth, Moses is like Jesus a "good sheperd" that leads the children of Israel out, and towards the promised land.

Noah saving "all that is good and holy" is the same theme.
It is not important whether or not all 2 million species of beetles were collected, or where they were housed. Or if the African elephant slept with the Indian elephant. Or if in fact it really occured. The men or women who recorded this story encoded the same image as Moses and that of Jesus. Not exactly the same, but formulated each for its time

40 days and nights for the flood
40 days of tribulation for Jesus
40 years of wandering fror the children of Israel

In other words you are not one unified being.There are different persona, different aspects of what you call "I" The divisions are generally created in childhood, and tend to crystallize as we age. You may not even be aware of all the divisions that you walk around with. This is pointed to in the new testament when Jesus asks a man who is possessed by demons "What is thy name" The man answers that there are a multitude or a host of demons. This is also the symbol that occurs in other scriptures. A fragmented mirror, unable to reflect the light of God. Unification within is needed to mend the mirror

"Know thyself" was one of the principles in the philosophy of Socrates and Plato. Socrates would often say "I only know that I know nothing".

To observe the mind in constant movement is one way to "know thyself". If you are at all familiar with any form of meditation, you come to realize the amount of noise just below the conscious mind. Focussing or trying to focus on one point or thought for any extended period of time, or just trying to be silent inwardly, is the goal. Not easy. Try it. Prayer also can develop this ability. Although prayer works a bit more with the emotional noise, rather than the intellectual.

If you continue trying to be really silent, and practice for a while you may be come aware of your own inner "demons" Habits and ingrained ways of thinking and feeling that have no positive values, in life or inner growth. Baggage carried around for years, and are in many ways diametrically opposed to life and real growth, and mostly unknown to your ordinary mind. Processes that normally take place in the unconscious, or darkness.

The Unknown Teachings of Lao Tzu
Taoist Oral Tradition

"The ego is a monkey catapulting through the jungle: Totally fascinated by the realm of the senses, it swings from one desire to the next, one conflict to the next, one self-centered idea to the next. If you threaten it, it actually fears for its life. Let this monkey go. Let the senses go. Let desires go. Let conflicts go. Let ideas go. Let the fiction of life and death go. Just remain in the center, watching. And then forget that you are there."

To be a "witness", to this constant chatter, is not easy.
It requires one part of your mind, normally dormant and only awake at generally brief periods in your life to sort of guide the process. This part is not very strong or unified in itself, but at least remembers a larger goal-to spread the word, and awaken some of the other parts of your psyche, and to bring a common goal to your "inner landscape".

Overcoming bad habits, such as giving up smoking or losing weight, is kind of a microcosim of this process.

Moses, Jesus, Noah, are christian symbols for that part which must awaken first and then lead what is salvageable within to unity. Yes the cold reality is that not everything is salvageable. There are many Pharoahs, within that have to be discarded. An extremely painful and difficult task. Not only Pharoahs, but all of Pharoahs little inner descendents. Those infants and babes not yet developed will take their poppas place. If you don't "smite" them before they are strong enough to "smite you" you might as well have left Pharoah.

boxcar
10-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Box and I have had many debates over the years. At least that was when I had patience for dealing with Mr Sanctimonious. Anyway, I do believe in the essence of many religions having studied Zen Sufism and older forms of Judaism and Christianity. So when Mr Sanctimonious claims I am destined for hell and am an "unbeliever", I cannot argue the first part, but am certainly not anti believing. I just avoid spiritual judgments concerning the state of others. (Although Mr Sanctimonious' slam dunk certainty of everything is a telling insight into a raging ego and obstructionist pride).

Good. You're half way there. You're an unbeliever in the biblical sense -- the way the bible defines "unbeliever".

You statement that you're not anti-believing isn't saying anything. Everyone believes in something -- whether that something be religious or secular in nature.

You say that you believe in the essence of many religions, which is antithetical to what Christ taught about salvation -- not what I teach -- not what I think -- not my opinion. You believe there are multiple roads to "enlightenment" -- multiple roads to "salvation", etc. Sadly, for you (and everyone else who believes this), this isn't true -- if we are to believe God's word:

John 14:6-7
" 6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me. 7 "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him."
NASB

So, if I'm "sanctimonious" and have a "raging ego", what does that say about Christ who uttered these words? Does this put the Messiah of the bible in the same class as your worldly messiah -- a psychopathic liar and narcissist?
I mean...who had a bigger ego than Jesus Christ!? Jesus must have had a huge one, according to you. How else could he have made such a statement? Not only does he severely restrict the path to God the Father, but claims to be equal to his Father!

But please spare me of your lame, tired retorts. I know: It's still all my fault (just like everything under the sun is Bush's fault :rolleyes: ) because I don't know how to interpret scripture properly. But you do. :rolleyes:

And of course, you don't make spiritual judgments! How could you? You don't believe in absolutes. You are the quintessential moral relativist on this forum. Everything in life is one huge thick gray fog. Everything is gray to you. It's amazing you find your way to work everyday. (Oh, wait...people like you are the reason why they invented the GPS.) :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

Tom
10-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by mostpost

At least he's not a postman! :eek:
Or a communist.

Mailman, deliver thyself.

boxcar
10-05-2010, 09:08 PM
At least he's not a postman! :eek:
Or a communist.

Mailman, deliver thyself.

Which all goes to prove I'm one of God's elect. :D

Boxcar