10-03-2010, 07:20 PM
Finally.

bigmack
10-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Bums, the lot of 'em.

chickenhead
10-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Bums, the lot of 'em.

Stinkin' Padres fans....go back to your beaches already.

We got playoffs to attend.

Valuist
10-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Are we talking about tonight's NFL game or MLB?

chickenhead
10-03-2010, 09:29 PM
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/7076/019pa.jpg (http://img34.imageshack.us/i/019pa.jpg/)
[/URL]

bigmack
10-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Stinkin' Padres fans....go back to your beaches already.

With some introspection, I was able to determine that my ill will stemmed from your team ousting my team today. No need for me to have hard feelings.

There's no reason why I can't act like a perfectly rational adult and wish you all the luck you deserve against Atlanta.

I'll be watching...................Closely.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/000-1.jpg

Robert Goren
10-04-2010, 08:32 AM
Say Hey :)

ldiatone
10-04-2010, 10:52 AM
how 'bout those BUCOS! :blush: :bang: (wait till next year)

skate
10-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Oh, so now i understand, chichkenman is a Giants(:lol: ) fan.

Man, we got, what looks like , a very good playoff.

toetoe
10-04-2010, 07:12 PM
And Pacific Boondoggle Park explodes !!! [Sorry --- inappropriate in these troubled times ? :blush: ]

Hey Mack --- who's that San Diego radio guy that calls out the listeners, to wit:
"I wanna hear from Rancho Penasquitos. I'm looking for Santee. Santa Ysabel, check in now !!!" --- Lee Hamilton, maybe ? Gawd, F.P. Mobstangelo is a delight compared to that guy. :faint: .

"Byoo-oo-tiful, Gary."

--- Tony Bruno

toetoe
10-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Those Alternative Lifestyle Rally Towels must go ! :ThmbDown: . Also on my list: the guy that called in to KNBR [THE Sports Leader] after the game to chastise his grandstand neighbors for not checking and audibly reacting to the score of the Braves game every inning. Now, I thought the role of checking up on citizens, and chastising them when necessary, had fallen to the government in these troubled times, and not to the Ballpark Etiquette Enforcement Auxiliary. :rolleyes: .

falconridge
10-04-2010, 09:35 PM
how 'bout those BUCOS! :blush: :bang: (wait till next year)Why, scratch my back with a hacksaw (as the redoubtable Mike Lange might have put it)!

We've made a start, anyway, ldiatone: the top brass fired field manager John Russell today. Can't imagine how they justify such a move :rolleyes: (maybe the 297 losses over the three seasons he was at the helm?).

Today I watched "1960 World Series Highlights," a grainy, 16mm mess of footage, cornily narrated by Bob "The Gunner" Prince, documenting how the upstart Corsairs sank the mighty Yankee armada some 50 years ago. Even got a rare peak at Rocky Nelson's first-inning blast, as well as that of Hal Smith (who "jolted all Pittsburgh into a frenzy with an electrifying three-run homer" in the eighth), to go along with Maz's oft-shown coup de tonnere at the climax.

I'd never realized what a key role North Beach native (and former Giant--to return this thread briefly to topic) Gino Cimoli played in two Bucs' wins. His pinch single, off southpaw Bobby Shantz (who'd tossed five scoreless innings of relief prior to the Bucs' luck-buoyed uprising, which turned a 7-4 deficit into a 9-7 advantage), leading off the eighth in Game Seven was huge. So, too, was Smokey Burgess's stickwork throughout the series. Ditto the solid defensive play of Bill Virdon in center and Don Hoak at the hot corner. And a booty chestful of Buc pluck (and luck).

bigmack
10-04-2010, 10:17 PM
Hey Mack --- who's that San Diego radio guy that calls out the listeners, to wit:"I wanna hear from Rancho Penasquitos. I'm looking for Santee. Santa Ysabel, check in now !!!" --- Lee Hamilton, maybe ?
I'm drawing a blank. Took me an hour but it's one of my finest. http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/00888.png

Don't ferget to strap-on one of my favorites. A joint where this little number wraps-up the spirit of that toddlin' town.

It's Chula Vista :sleeping:

Y1g8gv7h_S4

toetoe
10-12-2010, 04:45 PM
I'd never realized what a key role North Beach native (and former Giant--to return this thread briefly to topic) Gino Cimoli played in two Bucs' wins.

One more thing, Hanks:
Please don't do that ever again --- even briefly.

Knitpickin' 'n' grinnin',
TT

P.S. Get that dog offa my lawn !!!

skate
10-12-2010, 05:02 PM
gino cimoli, one of my favorites of alltimes

Ocala Mike
10-12-2010, 11:15 PM

I remember when he first came up with the Dodgers. Used to get to Ebbets Field early to watch his air-mail throws from right field to third in pre-game practice, which invariably landed in the box seats behind third.

Ocala Mike

bigmack
10-12-2010, 11:37 PM
A small slice of oddity: The '58 card of GC takin' a swing, sans bat.

http://arcadiafastprint.com/cl/SM/Gino%20Cimoli%20-%2058%20Topps%20%23286%20Baseball%20Card%201.jpg

After punching out of basaball, Gino drove a UPS truck. After 21 years without an accident he was referred to as, The Lou Gehrig of UPS.

I'm the luckiest man in a brown truck

skate
10-13-2010, 03:05 PM
Oh, that's too funny:lol: .

I cant even post my reasons for being a Gino C . fan., it's a good time memoria Laugh-alooney;)

toetoe
06-12-2011, 05:57 AM
This thread was started on m'burfday --- October 12. A-a-aw. :( .

Also, the Blankdrawer Himself, Bigmack, posted his marvelous videographic paean to Chula Vista, which I just saw for the first time. It's better than 'Who's the Boss' (he said, faintly).

TJDave
06-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Also, the Blankdrawer Himself, Bigmack, posted his marvelous videographic paean to Chula Vista, which I just saw for the first time. It's better than 'Who's the Boss' (he said, faintly).

Bigmack wrote the Chula Vista song?

I AM impressed. :ThmbUp:

bigmack
06-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Bigmack wrote the Chula Vista song?

I AM impressed. :ThmbUp:
Negativo. You read too much into toes use of "videographic paean."

toetoe
06-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Sorry for the erroneous attribution. I know you produced it, maybe ... at least ... pretty please ?

When I'm performing at Butch Thorndyke's Suffragette Bar and Flannel Emporium, I do a version of Doug Sahm's 'Mendocino' called 'San Ysidro'.

Like I told ya ... can ya dig it ... la la la la la .......