PDA

View Full Version : Going to see Z... any advice?

NJDevil
10-03-2010, 08:28 AM
We're going to the Breeders Cup, just Saturday. Anyone who's been to a Zenyatta race, is there any advice you can share? I know that we won't be able to see her in the paddock - we'll never get back to our bleacher seats in time for the race. There's just a few benches in front of us, I imagine everyone will be standing on them, so I don't know that we'll get to see more than her head going by. I am nervous about such a large crowd - the misery of it - no freedom. :bang: Thanks.

Grits
10-03-2010, 08:45 AM
Good luck.

sandpit
10-03-2010, 12:52 PM
I have one suggestion. After the BC Turf field leaves the paddock, go to the infield and make your way to the six furlong marker, basically at the start of the backstretch on the turf course. Almost straight across from there is where all the horses leave the barn area and start their walk to the paddock. You should be able to see her coming onto the track without a huge crowd around her. Actually not a bad spot to be after the Classic either. It would be cool to be near her, assuming she wins, as she finishes her final gallop out.

NJDevil
10-07-2010, 08:32 AM
Appreciate the tip. I do have to realize that she hasn't been at Churchill before, so anyone who's seen her was in a different setting/layout. I wish they had a "get your photo taken with Zenyatta"!!! I know the line would be long, but at least you'd get your pic.

slew101
10-07-2010, 09:54 AM
You might be arrested if you do that. They don't open the infield for the BC.

[QUOTE=sandpit]I have one suggestion. After the BC Turf field leaves the paddock, go to the infield and make your way to the six furlong marker, basically at the start of the backstretch on the turf course.