PDA

View Full Version : Can Switch Finish in the Money at the Breeders Cup Classic?

andymays
10-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Switch ran great. Can she compete in the BCC?

born2ride
10-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Sure she can, she's the second best mare in training!

horses4courses
10-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Switch ran great. Can she competer in the BCC?

How drole.....
Switch should run in the Ladies' Classic. She may not hit the board.

Zenyatta, as she did last year, will raise the bar once again.
She will take on the best there is on Nov 6th....those who can make it to post
She keeps jumping as high as she has to......

andymays
10-02-2010, 07:44 PM
How drole.....
Switch should run in the Ladies' Classic. She may not hit the board.

Zenyatta, as she did last year, will raise the bar once again.
She will take on the best there is on Nov 6th....those who can make it to post
She keeps jumping as high as she has to......

that's what they keep saying. ;)

If she can win it she will deserve the accolades and go down in history.

BluegrassProf
She keeps jumping as high as she has to......And this, ladies & gents, is precisely the story so far. Good man. :ThmbUp:

ArlJim78
Is there a 12 step program for Zenyattaphobia?

andymays
10-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Is there a 12 step program for Zenyattaphobia?

No.

horses4courses
10-02-2010, 07:59 PM
If she can win it she will deserve the accolades and go down in history.

I doubted that she would win last year's BCC, and that was on her home court. Obviously, she hasn't had a tough campaign since then.

If she does pull it off at Churchill, she will have earned the title of "great".
No....perhaps not the greatest horse or mare, for that matter, of all time, but a "freak" nonetheless, and one with a huge heart for running every time asked

What a great day horse racing has in store on November 6th, 2010!!!

tzipi
10-02-2010, 11:04 PM
I doubted that she would win last year's BCC, and that was on her home court. Obviously, she hasn't had a tough campaign since then.

If she does pull it off at Churchill, she will have earned the title of "great".
No....perhaps not the greatest horse or mare, for that matter, of all time, but a "freak" nonetheless, and one with a huge heart for running every time asked

What a great day horse racing has in store on November 6th, 2010!!!

I dont know about "freak". I think that label is for speed demons and record breakers like Secretariat,Fager, Man O War,etc,etc. But if she can beat a top field on dirt at CD, then yes she belongs in the top horses of all time. Not near the top of course but SURELY on the list of all time greats.

Charlie D
10-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Lets break lasts years BC down

RiP - no show. Who is going to beat Zen??

Robert Fischer
10-03-2010, 11:51 AM
If the BCC were at a mile and a sixteenth synthetic furlongs at a Ca. track, Switch could not certainly not be overlooked. Even Switch's two races @ 8.5furlongs were slow paced, however she rated well and appeared to have no problem with 8.5F. In fact Switch could probably get 9F(which she tired at in GulfstreamG2) considering her improved rating tactics since. I also don't think Switch needs to avoid dirt based solely on that failed pace-setting effort in the GP/G2, it was more a matter of stamina and tactics, and her pedigree is fine for dirt racing. Finishing in the top Six in the Classic at Churchill Downs would surprise me. .

andymays
10-04-2010, 07:49 PM
http://drf.com/news/switch-will-stick-plan

Excerpt:

Even though the 3-year-old filly would appear to be a suitable contender for the $2 million Breeders’ Cup Ladies’ Classic over 1 1/8 miles at Churchill Downs on Nov. 5 following her determined performance against Zenyatta, Sadler said she is better suited to the $1 million Filly and Mare Sprint over seven furlongs on the same day.

“We are looking at the seven-eighths,” Sadler said.

bisket
10-04-2010, 11:40 PM
i really like her there (sprint)

classhandicapper
10-05-2010, 02:35 PM
IMO Switch had the advantage of a perfect ground saving trip and slow pace against Zenyatta. The difference between the two horses is a lot larger than the gap between them on Saturday.

All that said, she's a developing 3YO filly that has a pretty good record on synthetic tracks against some of the better young fillies in the country (Blind Luck, Tanda, Amen Hallelujah, Evening Jewel) and has now probably hit a new peak against Zenyatta. So she would probably be an "outside marginal" contender against the best fillies and older mares in the country on a "neutral surface" and at a "neutral distance".

However, at 9F on dirt I don't think I would give her that much of a chance.

Her one race on dirt was OK, but IMO it wasn't quite as good as her synthetic races and she might be more vulnerable going 9F.

In the sprint it will depend on the field.

IMO she would finish last in the Classic at 10F on dirt against older males.