PDA

View Full Version : Breeder's Elim Day 2 at Pokie

RaceTrackDaddy
10-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Here we go again...running a little late today..

Race 1
Trying to get the favorite beaten right out the gate.
Going to key off of (# 5) Fortunes Dream who has the speed enough to be right there at the end and be at decent odds.

Underneath you got to use the two favorites, # 2 and # 3..

Ex 5 with 2, 3
2,3 with 5

Tri box 2,3,5

RaceTrackDaddy
10-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Race 2

First No-brainer of the night.

One More Laugh (# 3) seems to control this race from beginning to end at low odds..

Ex 3/1,5,6

Tri 3/1,5,6/1,5,6

InsideThePylons-MW
10-02-2010, 06:40 PM
Race 2

First No-brainer of the night.

One More Laugh (# 3) seems to control this race from beginning to end at low odds..

Ex 3/1,5,6

Tri 3/1,5,6/1,5,6

Wasn't he lame after the LBJ elim and didn't race in final?

RaceTrackDaddy
10-02-2010, 06:47 PM
Race 3

Afraid of the strong #1 entry but still looking to get them beat...going with a speedster that has been racing very well at Chester..

Chancey Lady (# 3) leaves from post 2 and should be in the mix through out the mile. She has the highest speed rating in the field of 104,,,anywhere near that effort would be better spent next week...

Ex 3 / 1,2

Tri 3/1,2,4 /1,2,4
1,2,4 /3/1,2,4

RaceTrackDaddy
10-02-2010, 06:50 PM
Wasn't he lame after the LBJ elim and didn't race in final?

Not lame at all...connections mentioned that they would not go in a race off no matter what. After being used too hard from 7 hole, he tired not as much as one would think as he swelled up inside cover and still finished within range. They were not going to go three heats and they would have to go three heats to win this (they had to win heat 2 and then come back for a four horse raceoff). Since they were not planning on three heats, they scratched out to save him for this ..

InsideThePylons-MW
10-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Not lame at all...connections mentioned that they would not go in a race off no matter what. After being used too hard from 7 hole, he tired not as much as one would think as he swelled up inside cover and still finished within range. They were not going to go three heats and they would have to go three heats to win this (they had to win heat 2 and then come back for a four horse raceoff). Since they were not planning on three heats, they scratched out to save him for this ..

I was 99% sure that Sam McKee said he pulled up very badly after the race.

RaceTrackDaddy
10-02-2010, 06:57 PM
I was 99% sure that Sam McKee said he pulled up very badly after the race.

You have to take any comments by annoucers with a grain of salt. The driver might of yanked up on him as he was in traffic and had no room late...let me view the video and get back to ya.

RaceTrackDaddy
10-02-2010, 07:01 PM
You have to take any comments by annoucers with a grain of salt. The driver might of yanked up on him as he was in traffic and had no room late...let me view the video and get back to ya.

Tetrick had One More Laugh's head inside of Yannick helmet in the stretch as there was not a passing lane,,,do not think he would of won the race but he had a little left in the tank at the wire....

RaceTrackDaddy
10-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Race 5

Passing up the overnighter 4th

Everyone will be betting Rock N Roll Heaven (# 1) but he has a history of not liking this oval. He broke a few times in his career and it was here every time and in the same part of the track. Connections believe that racing later in the day (under the lights) will remove those shadows he jumping (so they believe).

Still taking a chance to beat him here.
Going with Fred and Ginger (# 4) over 3.5.6 in the exactas
If heaven does not break...using the tri a saver
1-4-3.5.6

got to take care of something...will be back asap

RaceTrackDaddy
10-02-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm back and need to crack a couple more (not taking beer)...lol

IN race 6 we have the 2nd no-brianer of the night.
Put On a Show is perfect save that final in the Mistletoe Shallee...
Should not disappoint...not much value in the exotics as I can see..

Betting short
Ex 4 / 1,2

Tri 4/1,2/1,2,3,6

RaceTrackDaddy
10-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Race 7

Western Silk (# 6) has great closing speed and just exits the Juggette weaing the crown. See nothing stopping her in here.

The under part is a crap shoot as I can see any of these under different scenarios hitting the board...

Going with my instinct here and using early speed types that should be around late.

Ex 6 with 1,2,4
Tri 6 with 1,2,4 with all.
----------------------------------------

Race 9

I was totally impressed with the mile Costa Rica put in from the 6 hole at Delaware in the Buckette (sister race of the Old Oaken Bucket). She is mighty tough filly.

Ex 6 with 1, 5
Tri 6 with 1,5 with 1,2,4,5,7

RaceTrackDaddy
10-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Race 11
The last of the Breeder's elims

Really think the track handicapper missed this one. I think Bar Slide (# 6) will be the public's choice when the smoke clears.

She won the Hambo Oaks and that is enough for me..

Going with:

Ex 6 with 1,2,5 witb 1,2,4,5

Tri 6 witb 1,2 with 1,2,4,5

RaceTrackDaddy
10-02-2010, 09:27 PM
So what if your horse won the Buckette? The Simcoe? Hambo Oaks? Jugette?

It all comes down to the Breeders Crown! Got to learn to quit giving these types more value than they actually have. Would of been better off tonight boxing the underneath picks and pitching my keys...

I will never learn...good night!

DeanT
10-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Seeded pick 4s and pick 6's this weekend with $30k of added money. Bettors asked for lower take than the usual 25% at Pocono and they delivered - both bets are 15% takeout.

http://www.standardbredcanada.ca/news/10-5-10/lower-takeout-added-money-pocono.html

Apparently you can watch it in HD as well this year. Harnessweek.com is simulcasting the HD signal (or close to HD via the web).

Pacingguy
10-06-2010, 07:07 AM
Seeded pick 4s and pick 6's this weekend with $30k of added money. Bettors asked for lower take than the usual 25% at Pocono and they delivered - both bets are 15% takeout.

http://www.standardbredcanada.ca/news/10-5-10/lower-takeout-added-money-pocono.html

Apparently you can watch it in HD as well this year. Harnessweek.com is simulcasting the HD signal (or close to HD via the web).

Dean, where did you see that Harnessweek was simulcasting the races? I know they are producing a two hour show on MavTV.

DeanT
10-06-2010, 07:55 AM
Dean, where did you see that Harnessweek was simulcasting the races? I know they are producing a two hour show on MavTV.

I read it on one of the press releases on SC. Apparently they are simoing the HD show.

I also read Broad Bahn is scratched with a hairline fracture she has had for awhile. I thought my eyes were deceiving me when I posted she was lame in the PP last weekend - before she went on to win impressively. How tough are standardbreds? That tough.

Ray2000
10-07-2010, 05:14 AM
FYI

Good detailed Crown analysis in the new online mag "HarnessRacingUpdate"

at http://www.harnessracingupdate.com/

and it's free:jump: