PDA

View Full Version : Jockey Club Gold Cup

PhantomOnTour
10-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Am I the only dummy who thinks the :4: Tranquil Manner has a shot to fill out the ex or tri?

Nets
10-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Am I the only dummy who thinks the :4: Tranquil Manner has a shot to fill out the ex or tri?

I could see that happening, but then my "dummy" quotient is quite high.:D

Vinnie
10-02-2010, 11:13 AM
Hello PhantomOnTour:

I think that there is a great likelihood that scenario could play out. I really like the 124 Tri Box. However, I like #1 or #2 in the Win spot.

Good Skill today. :)

xfile
10-02-2010, 11:31 AM
He's got the best LATE PACE http://www.fullcardreports.com/images/late.gif ratings by far.

bisket
10-02-2010, 05:46 PM
10$ ex
:1: :2: / :7:
2$ tri box
:1: :2: :7:

GregReinhart
10-02-2010, 05:52 PM
Blame=another pretender

PaceAdvantage
10-02-2010, 05:54 PM
Blame=another pretenderThat's what happens to deep closers when they run into a quality speed horse who gets a trip.

Tom
Not very impressive at any point in the race.
So, the older male handicap division looks weaker and weaker every race.

cj's dad
He's got the best LATE PACE http://www.fullcardreports.com/images/late.gif ratings by far.

Agreed, but his early numbers are way too slow to overcome

His late pace was the best but only a few points higher than the #5 Dry Martini and #1 Fly Down

PaceAdvantage
10-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Not very impressive at any point in the race.
So, the older male handicap division looks weaker and weaker every race.I don't think so. I actually liked Haynesfield a lot in this race...sorry for the red board...

andymays
10-02-2010, 06:00 PM
I bet Ron Ellis feels a lot better now.

I heard Blame missed a flight and had to be vanned to the race. Anyone know anything about that? True or false?

GregReinhart
10-02-2010, 06:01 PM

I heard Blame missed a flight and had to be vanned to the race. Anyone know anything about that? True or false?

True, he didn't get into Belmont until yesterday because his original flight was cancelled due to the poor weather in New York.

bisket
10-02-2010, 06:04 PM

travel doesn't figure in anything...... at least thats the analysis that seems to prevail on the board ;)

Charlie D
10-02-2010, 06:11 PM
That's what happens to deep closers when they run into a quality speed horse who gets a trip.

It was Haynesfields day today. Be a different set up in Classic, which will help the deep closers like Blame and Zenyatta.

Tom
10-02-2010, 06:12 PM
I don't think so. I actually liked Haynesfield a lot in this race...sorry for the red board...

It's not red boarding whey you are just discussing a race. Unless you are a chest-pounder.:rolleyes:

I gave him an outside shot of wiring the field if RT didn't fire, but to dominate like that, I have no respect for those behind him.

And I give him no shot in the BC, so, I have no respect for the handicap division this year. Again. Been a long time since I've seen a really good older handicap horse.

Grits
10-02-2010, 06:12 PM
I don't think so. I actually liked Haynesfield a lot in this race...sorry for the red board...

A fine NY Bred goes wire to wire. I didn't bet today, I've simply watched the races.

And someone asks earlier this week if "my boy, Steve" is one of the top 10 trainers in the country??? LOLOLOL:lol:

Let stakes days roll around and count him out; this is when he pulls it off at his best price--when he's dismissed. Pleased for his assistant, Toby Sheets, too. Hard working guy that he is. Always like seeing Toby in the New York winners' circle for Steve.

Racing is an up and down game. In less than a week's time, a trainer loses one of the finest horses of their career on a Tuesday only to return on Saturday to win the JCGC.

Its a great game.:ThmbUp:

Dahoss9698
10-02-2010, 06:15 PM
If you like Blame in the Classic, this was a very good result for his odds in the Classic. Horses aren't fully cranked for every effort, he ran well to hold maintain second and the winner jogged early over a track he adores.

I know it's commonplace to make snap judgements after every race, but I think his effort was better than it looks and the same could be said for Fly Down.

slew101
10-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Blame's last loss was to loose on the lead Regal Ransom in the Super Derby. He bounced back to win next out at Keeneland, then the Clark at Churchill. Still expect him to be a big player in the Classic.

Wonder if Haynesfield goes to the Classic or stays home for the Empire Classic.

PaceAdvantage
10-02-2010, 06:18 PM
It's not re boarding whey you are just discussing a race. Unless yo are a chest-pounder.:rolleyes:

I gave him an outside shot of wiring the field if RT didn't fire, but to dominate like that, I have no respect for those behind him.

And I give him no shot in the BC, so, I have no respect for the handicap division this year. Again. Been a long time since I've seen a really good older handicap horse.The main reason I liked him was because it was the only price in the race with a decent shot. The couple of races prior to this last were very competitive...and 7-1 was a price worth taking IMO.

Tom
10-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Maybe...I'll have to see the figures, but I saw a lot better run from LAL.
I just moved him to the top of my list - right behind Zenyatta! ;)

Cholly
10-02-2010, 06:21 PM
A fine NY Bred goes wire to wire. I didn't bet today, I've simply watched the races.

And someone asks earlier this week if "my boy, Steve" is one of the top 10 trainers in the country??? LOLOLOL:lol:

Let stakes days roll around and count him out; this is when he pulls it off at his best price--when he's dismissed. Pleased for his assistant, Toby Sheets, too. Hard working guy that he is. Always like seeing Toby in the New York winners' circle for Steve.

Racing is an up and down game. In less than a week's time, a trainer loses one of the finest horses of their career on a Tuesday only to return on Saturday to win the JCGC.

Its a great game.:ThmbUp:

Well...he didn't actually return--he wasn't in person there. I realize that with an empire like the A-man runs, he can't be everywhere. But c'mon, it was the Jockey Club Gold Cup. You'd think he could arrange his schedule to attend this one. Anyway...hip-hip-hooray for NY-breds, and Toby Sheets.

Tom
10-02-2010, 06:24 PM
The couple of races prior to this last were very competitive...and 7-1 was a price worth taking IMO.

Definitely agree. I thought 8/10-1 would be worth it, but I lost all interest in the races there today after the turf debacles and left the computer for the fridge. I lose interest really fast at Belmont.

GregReinhart
10-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Blame's last loss was to loose on the lead Regal Ransom in the Super Derby. He bounced back to win next out at Keeneland, then the Clark at Churchill. Still expect him to be a big player in the Classic.

Wonder if Haynesfield goes to the Classic or stays home for the Empire Classic.

He had shown keen acceleration off slow paces in both the Foster and the Whitney but today he never really showed any of that. He was put under a ride early on the far turn, too. I don't know if he didn't like Belmont or what the deal was, but I was not expecting him to lose like he did today.

bisket
10-02-2010, 06:27 PM
blames works said he might not be all there today. 2 handily 6 fur works going into a race means the trainer is looking past the next one... i still think they will all be looking at zens arse a month from now. hold me back has been to aggressive early in his past few races.

bisket
10-02-2010, 06:30 PM
haynes has been improving all year. i just never dreamed in this lifetime he could get away like that and hold on going 1 1/4 mile. especially with the way the track had been playing in all the routes today.

WinterTriangle
10-02-2010, 08:12 PM
The main reason I liked him was because it was the only price in the race with a decent shot. The couple of races prior to this last were very competitive...and 7-1 was a price worth taking IMO.

I thought he was a good wager "horse for the course" angle at Belmont seems to get overlooked a lot....producing nice odds.