PDA

View Full Version : BM pk6 analysis 9/7

Amazin
09-07-2003, 03:05 PM
If you want to skip the details,see my selections at bottom.

4th race.MSW 2yo fillies

Toughest race for P6.
#1 Dorf entries look good.
#6 This trainer(Brian Koriner)is unconscious now.Yesterday won with Tohill who is up on this one.
#9 Trainer Gilchrest is lethal with second out horses.

5th race 4-1/2 Turf

Another nebulous race.
#6 Like the switch back to Castro on this one.
#7 Baze on @10-1 m.l.! has shot.
#4 Warren,probably best turf jock here for Vienna,one of best turf trainers.
#9 here they are again Koriner/Tohill @12-1M.L.

6th #6 is one of my singles here. This horse came out super in my "system"If gets the lead,look out.If pressed, may not hang on.Not much speed here.M.L.@5-1
#5 10yo invader from EMD ran big in last.
#8 negative drop for Koriner horse from win.But as you can tell,this trainer scares me right now on anything he puts out.

7th Race Mdn 30k

5 horse field but almost anything could win.
#4 Baze and Bonde,this trainer loves dealing with young horses and is good at it.This is a FTS
#3 off since 3/03.Last seen routing.But last route has a 6f time that would beat these if he can run back to it.Gets warren back who rode him very well.
#5 Storm Cat FTS allways scare me.Trainer is excellent but jock is cold(1-28) for that reason,I'll stick with top 2

8th race 1 mile turf 50k

With 3 of the 6 horses rated E8,I'll take a closer.
#2 I'll take top turf jock warren here.(yeah I know the horse does the running)Claimed By Art Sherman for 40k for himself.When last seen 4 back @BM with Warren,won easily on Turf.
#6 Baze/Vienna favorite had trouble in last.Did beat #2 last time they faced but I'm not crazy about the work pattern for this race.

9th Race sprint 8k

#5 Claimed by Dorf in last down south for 10k,in for 8k. Not the greatest of signs but it's not like dropping to the bottom.
#1 Baze/Morey. Claimed in last.
#2 I'm going against this likely favorite cause he has a double negative IMO.Won last and drops.Got Claimed and drops.

So Here's how the ticket would look if I play it.

4th:#1,6,9
5th:#4,6,7,9
6th:##6
7th#3,#4
8th#2
9th#5

$48.00.I dont know if I will put that much into it.If I cut it I will single the #6 in 5th. This horse should go higher than his 5-1 M.L.

Amazin
09-07-2003, 10:09 PM
Recap:

4th: A heartbreaking nose loss of my longshot(Tohill/Koriner) to a longer shot.These thing are usually bad omens for me for the rest of the card.Exacta ran 2nd and 3rd

5th:Got split for my exacta.Ran 1st and 3rd.Sound familiar?

6th:Can it get worse?My best bet of the day turns for home looking like a wire to wire job with Lumpkins and collapses.Gets beat by none other than Koriner.My saver horse @13-1 cant get second.Again exacta 1st and 3rd.

7th:No money to be made here when my selections run 1-2 and pay a whopping $7 exacta for each $1 unit.

8th:My single wins here and pays another whopping mutuel $5.00.I'm on a roll.

9th:Time to go home a winner?I'm alive in the Pk4 here as I played a $6.00 ticket.3 horses in the 6th,2 in the 7th,then a single and the Lumpkins horse(#5) pounded to 3/2 in this last race.The betting suprised me but the result didn't as the "mystery" horse as I called him in the race, won and the Lumpkins horse again seemed to collapse.Coincidence? Or is this guy all liquered up?

JustRalph
09-07-2003, 10:41 PM
I watched him break from the gate at Mountaineer one night and take a horse straight to the front and go off to a 10 length or better lead and cross the wire in a relaxed fashion......as the horse began to slow down the pack almost ran over him. He had gone something like 4 or 5F and toasted them. The big problem was the race was well over a mile if my memory serves me right. The guys on TVG couldn't stop laughing at him. They tried real hard to not bring it up, but it became the joke of the night. The horse ended up mid pack the next couple of furlongs. He then collapsed before the next turn and ended up about 27L last.

Lumpkins was riding in West By God Virginia to serve out his probation sentence for failing to appear on a Drunk Driving charge.

Buddha
09-08-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by JustRalph

Lumpkins was riding in West By God Virginia to serve out his probation sentence for failing to appear on a Drunk Driving charge.

Yea, I hear he has a real bad drinking problem. I never really watched him ride, but he always was doing decent. Not saying he is a great jock or anything, but he could get live mounts.