PDA

View Full Version : Attendance Prediction For Zenyatta Day At Hollywood Park?

Zenyatta To Crush
10-02-2010, 02:07 AM
Considering they've been trying to build this day up for awhile and have giveaways and its Zenyatta's last race in Cali, I figure it will be an enormous crowd of 5,000.

Sure there is other stuff to do besides go to the horse track, especially if its colder out but how come people don't show up to this track? I actually think there will be closer to 10,000, but if this were at Santa Anita, there might be 4 times that.

Hollywood just got barely over 2,000 on Friday...I don't even care if its a Friday during the day, that is pathetic. I would give anything to be over there tomorrow but I live half way across the country.

Spalding No!
10-02-2010, 02:18 AM
Sure there is other stuff to do besides go to the horse track, especially if its colder out but how come people don't show up to this track?
Sounds like a question for Beachbabe...

v j stauffer
10-02-2010, 02:21 AM

Zenyatta To Crush
10-02-2010, 03:13 AM
Little optimistic huh? Maybe those Zenyatta caps will bring them in. Looking forward to your last call of Zenyatta. Make it a good one!

joanied
10-02-2010, 10:52 AM
Vic...hope you are right about that number...I have to think it'll get at least close to that...the fans know it's her last start in CA. I think they will all turn out and after she win's #19...and Mike jogs her past the stands, the place will go crazy!!

I wonder if you are a little nervous about what your last call for Zenyatta will be like... no doubt, it'll be excellent.

I am nervous about this race...and I can't wait:jump:

Good luck to day, Vic:ThmbUp:

Bruddah
10-02-2010, 11:35 AM
In an effort that thoroughly delighted the crowd of 44973 that stuffed itself into Oaklawn Park.

This number is way down from the estimate of 70,000 if Rachel A. had raced that day. Where in the heck are the racing fans? Are we slowly dieing off and not being replaced? I think so! So much the pity for the next generation.

cj
10-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Little optimistic huh? Maybe those Zenyatta caps will bring them in. Looking forward to your last call of Zenyatta. Make it a good one!

You won't hear it if you watch on ESPN.

andymays
10-02-2010, 11:49 AM

lamboguy
10-02-2010, 11:55 AM
they better break 30,000

Headbanger
10-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Not enough to save or make the pathetic display that is California racing relevant.

v j stauffer
10-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Vic...hope you are right about that number...I have to think it'll get at least close to that...the fans know it's her last start in CA. I think they will all turn out and after she win's #19...and Mike jogs her past the stands, the place will go crazy!!

I wonder if you are a little nervous about what your last call for Zenyatta will be like... no doubt, it'll be excellent.

I am nervous about this race...and I can't wait:jump:

Good luck to day, Vic:ThmbUp:

More than a little nervous. I usually get the Zenny shakes about 3:00pm Friday. This week they hit right after the entires came out. What an incredible honor to have the opportunity to call this great champion.

Vinnie
10-02-2010, 01:07 PM
More than a little nervous. I usually get the Zenny shakes about 3:00pm Friday. This week they hit right after the entires came out. What an incredible honor to have the opportunity to call this great champion.

Vic:

I am thrilled for you that you get the opportunity to call quite possibly her last race in CA. It will most definitely be an event to remember.

Have a terrific weekend.

Dahoss9698
10-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Can't wait to catch the ESPN coverage.

Beachbabe
10-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Sounds like a question for Beachbabe...

Hmmm, not sure why they don't show up at Hollywood; heard the neighborhood isn't the greatest.

You can ask me about Gulfstream when that meet is running.

cpitt84
10-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Any one know if zenyatta's race will be on calracing.com?

Will ESPN or ESPN classic be showing the race?

Dahoss9698
10-02-2010, 03:23 PM

ESPN Classic will have the race live with Larry Collmus calling. Very happy for Larry to be able to call the race for the national audience.

Bruiser1
10-02-2010, 03:24 PM
I'd say 20,000 is on the money.

The champion Zenyatta's streak reminds me of the Lakers streak of 33 wins in a row. I find myself holding my breath each time she runs, fearful the streak will end.

If she were ever to be beaten, I kind of doubt it will be by a horse in front of her, but rather one that comes from behind her.

In any case, looking forward to your call!

David-LV
10-02-2010, 03:25 PM

Both ESPN & ESPN classic will be showing the race at different times today.

ESPN will show it between football games.

ESPN Classic will show it on the Breeders' Cup Challenge show 3:30PM to 5:00PM Pacific Time.

Enjoy.

Zippy Chippy
10-02-2010, 03:44 PM
What channel and time is this on???

im workiing and taping TVG the entire day.. is it on ESPN? id rather tape ESPN coverage.

ronsmac
10-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Looks like it was 25k.

point given
10-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Looks like it was 25k.

Thats the hat count number anyways, but it was a good crowd for that track judging from less than 5000 on opening night.

cj
10-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Can't wait to catch the ESPN coverage.

I didn't catch the on track call, but Collmus was great.

bigmack
10-02-2010, 11:01 PM
I didn't catch the on track call, but Collmus was great.
You're biased.

cj's dad
10-02-2010, 11:14 PM
You're biased.

No he is not biased, he simply knows a great race caller when the comparison to others is apparent. Larry is top notch !!!

JustRalph
10-02-2010, 11:37 PM
You're biased.
:lol:

bigmack
10-02-2010, 11:43 PM
No he is not biased, he simply knows a great race caller when the comparison to others is apparent. Larry is top notch !!!
Ya see, here's where we differ. I threw that lil' nugget out in a joking fashion knowing they're chums. K?

If cj had a problem with that he can take it up with me. Then again, I have reason to believe he got my little quip of levity.

The_Knight_Sky
10-02-2010, 11:46 PM
Looks like it was 25k.

Yes indeed it was a quarter.

But they forgot to bring their wallets compared to last year's Super Saturday.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2lmmib5.jpg

InsideThePylons-MW
10-02-2010, 11:52 PM
Yes indeed it was a quarter.

But they forgot to bring their wallets compared to last year's Super Saturday.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2lmmib5.jpg

Off-Track handle was up 50% the first 2 days of the meet.....Today, off-track handle was down.

I guess today they couldn't bring themselves to add on $3 million in uncommingled foreign handle to the off-track column.

Tom
10-03-2010, 12:11 AM

Wow, do you play darts? ;)

btw, Nice call today.

rwwupl
10-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Off-Track handle was up 50% the first 2 days of the meet.....Today, off-track handle was down.

I guess today they couldn't bring themselves to add on $3 million in uncommingled foreign handle to the off-track column.

There is a growing "Off the Books" numbers from certain Associations that revenue does not go into the mainstream for distribution. It is up to the Association to distribute the revenue. The regulators in California have no authority to audit any revenue from outside of California.

Do not know of any thing wrong,but the regulators are aware and I anticipate they will fix the accounting problem.

Pine Tree Lane
10-04-2010, 11:13 AM
Thats the hat count number anyways, but it was a good crowd for that track judging from less than 5000 on opening night.

It's actually a close approximation since Hollywood was really strict on limiting the "spinners" You could not purchase multiple admissions and since only 2 Grandstand gates were open people were not going in and out.

Although the count may be inflated by 5! ;)

joanied
10-04-2010, 01:58 PM

Hey Vic...your nerves didn't show during your call...I imagine once the gate opens, the nerves take second seat to the race! Guess you know the crowd was so loud in cheering, your call was hard, if not impossible to hear...on TV, hope it wasn't that way at the track...between that and the fact I was in my living room jumping and screaming myself...I missed the call...but the TVG guys knew you'd been drowned out, so they played it again...great call:ThmbUp: and I heard your voice raise a couple of octaves, like it broke with emotion & excitment, as Zen passed Switch...my man, you done good!! Just think of how many times folks will hear your Zenyatta calls as her races are replayed over & over as time marches on...you are part of Zenyatta's historical legacy!!