PDA

View Full Version : Goodwood

bks
10-01-2010, 08:42 PM
I really like a horse in this race. I'm just surprised he was entered.

Crown of Thorns ran gamely in the BC Sprint last year, so I figured Mandella was prepping him for that race. I thought he got a lot out of his 2nd in the Pat O'Brien, finishing well with what looked to be plenty more to give. So I thought maybe the Dirt Mile was a possibility. Now, I wonder if he's eyeing the Classic?

In the Goodwood, both CoT and Twirling Candy figure to be ahead of the others, prob w/ CoT tracking Twirling Candy through moderate fractions. TC has never faced this caliber, and will have to be on far better behavior against this group in order to win. CoT gets first run on the closers, and I don't think anything behind him can pass him. TC may be good enough to win, but if CoT is at or above his morning line odds, he's a strong play. In the absence of a foolish pace duel, I can't see a scenario under which CoT is worse than second.

OTM Al
10-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Nice analysis, especially since I was thinking much the same. Do think TC will get the cavalry charge in the lane and won't hold. I'm going with Crown as well, though I think Richard's Kid has a real shot too.

plainolebill
10-02-2010, 08:19 PM
That's a real short price on Candy. I might take a shot with Awsome Gem and mix him up in some exactas.

SmartyLane
10-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Why is Dakota Phone 20-1 right now?

Tom
10-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Crown of Thorns, 'cause HTR says so. 1W

:2::7: Box for a sawbuck

WinterTriangle
10-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Nice analysis, especially since I was thinking much the same. Do think TC will get the cavalry charge in the lane and won't hold. I'm going with Crown as well, though I think Richard's Kid has a real shot too.

I like Richard's Kid a bit better I'm not sure about CoT around 2 turns.
7 2 3

Tom
10-02-2010, 08:31 PM
7 2 3

Here's looking at YOU, Kid! :cool:

WinterTriangle
10-02-2010, 08:33 PM
7 2 3

Straight trifecta

#7 Win $18.60
#2 Place $3.40
#3 Show $4.80
$2 Exacta $45.00
$2 Trifecta $271.40

bks
10-02-2010, 08:34 PM
WT, can you please post a little earlier in the future? :)

Bit of a disappointing ride from Bejarano, I thought. Smith forced his hand a bit, but why not let Talamo have the lead and see what happens?

WinterTriangle
10-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Here's looking at YOU, Kid! :cool:

Well you too and OTM Al on the exacta

Smarty --- I dunno, Dakota always runs ITM, couldn't leave him off I guess you thought so too.

bisket
10-02-2010, 08:44 PM
nice capping guys and gals. it will be interesting to see where they put crown of thorns. i'm wondering if mandella has something up his sleeve there? i'm gonna have to take a good look at him going into the cup. he ran a nice race.

PaceAdvantage
10-03-2010, 05:54 AM
congrats to those who had that nice price on top and to WT for the cold tri... :ThmbUp:

joanied
10-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Congrats to everyone on their winning wagers...Winter T...you never cease to amaze me with your handicapping:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

I had Richards Kid...but posted it elsewhere...I'm almost :blush: to post my picks because i don't wager:faint: :)