PDA

View Full Version : So much for South Bend

michiken
10-01-2010, 05:12 PM
After working my ass off for the last 6 months in South Bend, I got the axe today.

I was part of a group of 10 contractors and probably the most qualified engineer. The 5 oldest of our group got laid off and the youngsters were offered permanent jobs.

So I am headed back home to Detroit hanging my head low. With this economy, I feel I will never have a permanent, good job again.

What does it take to get a break in life? I tried almost dieing when my appendix burst but that didn't help.

SulleninSouthBend

Ken

Tom
10-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Tough break, Ken. I really feel your pain.
It sounds weak, but don't give up.
I will be rooting for you.......good luck!

wisconsin
10-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Hang on, Ken. Hope you find something.

I have seen a few customers coming in to get out of their expensive, paid off vehicles and into a cheapie used plus taking some cash to stay afloat. This is a disturbing trend.

bigmack
10-01-2010, 06:46 PM
The necessity of the times, more than ever, calls for our utmost circumspection, deliberation, fortitude, and perseverance.
Samuel Butler

cj's dad
10-01-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm sending you a PM regarding my engineering firm- contact them .

Steve 'StatMan'
10-01-2010, 09:07 PM
So sorry Ken.

nijinski
10-01-2010, 11:15 PM
So sorry to hear that , and I hear your heartbreak , happened to me in July.

It's bad out there but don't give up , a door will open , perhaps someday you will be consulting the youngsters .
Entry levels save these companies money now , but in the long haul it dosen't always workout that well.

RichieP
10-02-2010, 08:22 AM
Picture the good in your life (including the little things each day we come across that make us smile if we took the time to! :))

It's hard but don't dwell/ focus on the negative as what we think of is what manifests itself in life.

Wishing you a great day and bright future Ken! :ThmbUp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejOTIAf-giM&feature=related

michiken
10-02-2010, 01:42 PM
Guys,

Thanks for all of the encouragement. It is just going to take a few days to get past being thrown out the door again.

Ken

sandpit
10-03-2010, 12:10 AM
Best of luck to you Ken; I know what you feel, it's happened to me twice in the past 4 years. Once because of younger, cheaper labor and another because of the company revenue dropping by 50%. Whatever the reason, I know it hurts.

ElKabong
10-03-2010, 12:30 AM
Ken,

Sorry to hear this.

As stated above, think of the positive things in life. We're only given one shot at life, enjoy what you can. There are better times ahead for sure