PDA

View Full Version : More Toga Pictures added

Trijack
09-07-2003, 02:53 PM
King Mike thought I had more than this but I had made him and Billw a copy of all my pictures Sunday nite and these are the ones that we took on way to Albany airport monday morning . Just scroll down to 20 & 21.

SandyE
09-07-2003, 11:40 PM
Awesome pictures perhaps next year and no you all won't see me in no goofy hat. lol
Makes me wonder if she's the one who wears those goofy hats at Belmont/Aqueduct?

Suff
09-08-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by SandyE
Awesome pictures perhaps next year and no you all won't see me in no goofy hat. lol

Why wait until next year? Send me a Photo of yourself and I'll post it up. Or just send me a Photo so I can see you? Pick out a Good one and ship it over.

Mike

SandyE
09-08-2003, 09:00 PM
Just give a bit of time to figure out how to umm upload to the internet and also find a nice enough picture to post. Saw a couple of trail riders on my way home from work today, but a couple of you guys got a lot closer then me to a horse. These looked like 1/4's but they were horses. Or perhaps instead of digging around for a disket for a picture I could have one taken instead. :D

BillW
09-08-2003, 09:22 PM
This starts the "who to look for next year" section. :)

SandyE
09-08-2003, 09:47 PM
Awesome,

Besides the point those cabins looked pretty spiffy. How far is that from Port Jarvis/High point area?

VetScratch
09-09-2003, 01:01 AM
Gerald (Jerry) Weinberg introduced "egoless programming" in The Psychology of Computer Programming, which was reissued in 1998. See http://news.zdnet.co.uk/business/employment/0,39020648,2111465,00.htm for a recent discussion of this concept and a re-statement of the Ten Commandments of Egoless Programming.

Egoless programming is a fundamental concept in the Open-Source development community and in the "Extreme Programming" movement, which dictates that no less than two programmers work in concert at each development workstation. In Sweden and Norway, several software shops have experimented with Nude Extreme Programming on the premise that egos are naturally suppressed when everyone feels totally vulnerable. By some reports, the Symbian version of the Opera browser was developed by a nude programming team.

Horseplayers who have tried "team handicapping" also know that ego conflicts often stymie productivity.

It seems to me that the annual PA Getaway represents a unique opportunity to experiment with Egoless Handicapping and develop a formal set of guidelines like the Ten Commandments of Egoless Programming. Even the nudity angle is worth serious consideration. I know that nudity would certainly temper my ego, and the annual pictorial reviews might eclipse Seabiscuit as a promotional magnet for horseracing! In any case, why we call them "laptops" should become obvious.

GameTheory
09-09-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by VetScratch
I know that nudity would certainly temper my ego...

Then please compose your posts in the nude! If doing so in private isn't effective enough, invite some strangers into your home to point & laugh at you while you compose them. That ought to temper it!

David McKenzie
09-09-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by VetScratch
I know that nudity would certainly temper my ego, and the annual pictorial reviews might eclipse Seabiscuit as a promotional magnet for horseracing!

Please forward said materials to our marketing department as soon as possible. ;)

Dan Montilion
09-09-2003, 05:04 PM
Don't know much about nude programming. However, if you want to drop some weight eat in front of a full length mirror in the altogether.

Dan (S.O.B. Stomach Over Belt) Montilion

VetScratch
09-09-2003, 05:13 PM
Game,
Then please compose your posts in the nude! If doing so in private isn't effective enough, invite some strangers into your home to point & laugh at you while you compose them. That ought to temper it!I'm pretty thick-skinned, so the pointing and laughing doesn't phase me, but I do get demoralized when they gag and vomit.

Valuist
09-09-2003, 05:20 PM
Speaking of nudity and Vet Scratch, whatever happened to her old avatar??

Tom
09-09-2003, 08:13 PM
I have it on my handicapping book.
And inside, in the centerfold :eek:

JustRalph
09-09-2003, 08:29 PM
Now you are going to have to look hard for a campground, but it could probably be done.

cj
09-09-2003, 08:32 PM
I had fun, it was a great trip, but I DO NOT want to see these people naked!

Tom
09-14-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
I had fun, it was a great trip, but I DO NOT want to see these people naked!

Are you sure you didn't already?
Was this you guys after I left Friday afternoon??:eek: :eek:

VetScratch
09-14-2003, 08:13 PM
I assume the bottle of Champagne means that egoless team handicapping has already been tried with great success! :)