PDA

View Full Version : The Return of Vick

bigmack
09-29-2010, 06:27 PM
I was at a dinner party a few years back with some people out of their minds angry about Vick and his viciousness. To an extent, I couldn't disagree.

He 'paid his debt' to society. Maybe not to the K9 world but to the justice system. He appears to have contrition and is playing better than ever.

Some of those same chums have a problem with his return. Tough call.

Hanover1
09-29-2010, 07:04 PM
More power to him-fun to watch, and good for the game. Redemption is tough for some to swallow.......

TJDave
09-29-2010, 07:19 PM
He's a professional athlete and should be judged solely on performance. For all I care, he could dress like Lady Gaga and sodomize chickens.

bigmack
09-29-2010, 07:39 PM
He's a professional athlete and should be judged solely on performance. For all I care, he could dress like Lady Gaga and sodomize chickens.
Roscoe 'Fatty' Arbuckle shoulda been so lucky.

http://www.sfmuseum.org/photos15/fatty.jpg

cj's dad
09-29-2010, 09:32 PM
The main reason(s) for incarceration is punishment and retribution.

Vick has done both !!

Hope that he does well !!

Tom
09-29-2010, 10:17 PM
The guy is garbage.
Talent on a football field is basically nothing. In the real world, he is garbage.

cj
09-29-2010, 10:26 PM
The guy is garbage.
Talent on a football field is basically nothing. In the real world, he is garbage.

Nobody gets a second chance? He paid, and paid dearly. He lost a huge contract in the prime of his career, and he did time in a serious prison, not some country club. There are countless people that have done far worse and received far less punishment.

bigmack
09-30-2010, 12:41 AM
Nobody gets a second chance? He paid, and paid dearly. He lost a huge contract in the prime of his career, and he did time in a serious prison, not some country club. There are countless people that have done far worse and received far less punishment.
Killing canines and throwing them in a dumpster is in the very least grounds for the Karma Police to bring retribution on his ass at some point.

Meanwhile, let him entertain those who long to see athletes do what they do, no matter what they've done.

thaskalos
09-30-2010, 12:45 AM
Nobody gets a second chance? He paid, and paid dearly. He lost a huge contract in the prime of his career, and he did time in a serious prison, not some country club. There are countless people that have done far worse and received far less punishment.Just because he went to prison for his crime means that fans should forget about what he did...and welcome him back with open arms?

Marshall Bennett
09-30-2010, 06:15 AM
Don't believe anyone should forget what he did nor should he . Does that mean he should be bound to a life of wasted humanity ? He's turned his life around and being useful in the trade he's best suited for . What would you suggest he do ?

PhantomOnTour
09-30-2010, 09:26 AM
I am not a fan of Michael Vick the person, but Michael Vick the American deserves a second chance. It's our way.

cj
09-30-2010, 09:39 AM
Killing canines and throwing them in a dumpster is in the very least grounds for the Karma Police to bring retribution on his ass at some point.

Meanwhile, let him entertain those who long to see athletes do what they do, no matter what they've done.

I certainly am not a fan of Vick, especially since he is an Eagle. I wouldn't want to hang out and shoot the breeze with the guy. I think what he did is terrible.

I'm just saying he should be allowed to play football, no less, no more.

Tom
09-30-2010, 10:07 AM

Not this guy. Sorry, he is mentally defective.
You don't "get religion" for that kind of stuff.

thaskalos
09-30-2010, 11:03 AM
Don't believe anyone should forget what he did nor should he . Does that mean he should be bound to a life of wasted humanity ? He's turned his life around and being useful in the trade he's best suited for . What would you suggest he do ?I am not saying that he should be deprived of continuing his career...only his talent can determine that.

But I have read articles which claim that fans are being "unfair" to Mr. Vick for bringing up his past...since he has already paid his "debt to society".

Payment of our debt to society may entitle us to a second chance...but it seldom restores us to previous heights...

TJDave
09-30-2010, 01:23 PM
The guy is garbage.

I agree that he's garbage...However, Philly fans don't agree. They're still filling the stands. Football is a business and its customers vote with their wallets.

Tom
09-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Much the same as hookers.:D

I suppose Philly fans deserve him.