PDA

View Full Version : Breeders Cup Handicapping Contest

Pick6
09-29-2010, 04:53 PM
Ok, I have been getting it from Dahoss and his fanboys so it's time to get this started.

I am welcome to suggestions, but I recommend a contest-style event with the following rules:

1) Everybody starts with a ficticious $1,000 bankroll.
2) The winner will be person who earns the most from their bets, including the bet amount. For example, If a person bets $100 to win, and wins with a payoff of $11.00, then that person will have earned $550 for that bet.
2) Require a minimum number of straight win bets in "key" races. I suggest minimum required $50 win action in: BCC, BC Turf, Juvenile, and Sprint.
3) Allow no more than $250 bet in one race. For multi-race bets, this will apply to the starting race of that bet.
4) All BC races Friday and Saturday are eligible. Multi-race bets that span non-BC races are NOT eligible.
5) All pari-mutuel bets offered at Churchill are acceptable bets. This includes special Fri/Sat doubles.
6) A moderator will post "NO MORE BETS" when the first horse is entered in the gate. Any posts with bets following that post will be rejected.

sammy the sage
09-29-2010, 10:02 PM
Who's got time for a pissing contest...esp. w/no prizes...when there's REAL money made those days... :kiss:

thaskalos
09-29-2010, 10:31 PM
Why does it have to be a contest with no prizes?

$100 entry fee...winner take all!

We arrange to give the money to an honest board member to hold...assuming we can find one...:)

Charlie D
09-29-2010, 11:22 PM
A suggestion

Selections Forum - start a thread ( username selections) - post selections before gate opens - keep ROI

Sorted

no need to challenge Dahoss and his fanboys, CJ and his fanboys, Jonnielue and his fanbous, PA and his fanboys etc, etc, etc

PaceAdvantage
09-29-2010, 11:49 PM

We arrange to give the money to an honest board member to hold...assuming we can find one...:)Because this would be illegal in some places.

Dahoss9698
09-29-2010, 11:52 PM
Who are my fanboys?

Charlie D
09-29-2010, 11:56 PM
Who are my fanboys?

I'm a member :D

Dahoss9698
09-29-2010, 11:57 PM
I'm a member :D

Besides you Charlie. Don't tell anyone about the secret handshake.

castaway01
09-30-2010, 04:55 PM
Besides you Charlie. Don't tell anyone about the secret handshake.

I'll be a DaHoss fan club member only if I get an autographed picture of you and Andy Serling. :)

NY BRED
09-30-2010, 08:17 PM
How about a Grand prize of 4 tickets to Secretariat or better yet,

a rand new Let it Ride dvd/

bisket
09-30-2010, 08:38 PM

We arrange to give the money to an honest board member to hold...assuming we can find one...:)
i'll volunteer ;)

eclecticapper
10-02-2010, 12:03 PM
I thought the rules for the contests Bubbles ran were more than fair. The fewer restrictions, the better.

wonatthewire1
10-03-2010, 08:45 AM
I'll be a DaHoss fan club member only if I get an autographed picture of you and Andy Serling. :)

Has anyone ever seen them together?

xfile
10-03-2010, 09:18 AM
We are willing to donate to the prize fund. Somebody pm me if interested....

PaceAdvantage
10-03-2010, 11:59 PM
Ok, I have been getting it from Dahoss and his fanboys so it's time to get this started.I don't get this whole rigmarole. If you want to prove you are as good as Dahoss, simply equal or surpass his performance using the exact same restraints he was under in his contest with only11.

You don't need to set up some contest thread. Just start a thread in the selections section and start posting picks. Keep track of how the picks do. At the end of the same number of races that Dahoss picked, we'll know if you're any good.

Sounds simple, right?

But no, we need this elaborate contest thread... :lol:

Pick6
10-06-2010, 02:22 PM
I don't get this whole rigmarole. If you want to prove you are as good as Dahoss, simply equal or surpass his performance using the exact same restraints he was under in his contest with only11.

You don't need to set up some contest thread. Just start a thread in the selections section and start posting picks. Keep track of how the picks do. At the end of the same number of races that Dahoss picked, we'll know if you're any good.

Sounds simple, right?

But no, we need this elaborate contest thread... :lol:
I already indicated why.

And you don't need to spoil the fun, please.

Pick6
10-06-2010, 02:23 PM

I'm ok with this. I thought the facilitator of this forum does not allow prop bets, so I guess we need his approval?

cj
10-06-2010, 04:21 PM
I'm ok with this. I thought the facilitator of this forum does not allow prop bets, so I guess we need his approval?

Yes, nothing like this is allowed of course.

Pick6
10-06-2010, 07:14 PM
I have not taken a survey, but this is the only forum I am aware of that believes they are legally responsible for people agreeing to prop bets/$ contests.

PaceAdvantage
10-06-2010, 10:22 PM
I have not taken a survey, but this is the only forum I am aware of that believes they are legally responsible for people agreeing to prop bets/$ contests.That's unfortunate for you I suppose.

Pick6
10-07-2010, 12:57 PM
That's unfortunate for you I suppose.
And many others, most likely.

Dahoss9698
10-07-2010, 03:26 PM
And many others, most likely.

Judging by the response Gm10's contest got, (which strangely you are absent from) probably not.

But, instead of talking about it, just do it. Have whatever contest you are going to have and let's see what you have. Pretend you have something to offer for a change.

skate
10-07-2010, 04:05 PM
hey hey hey , are we at the starting post OR the whipping post?:)

PaceAdvantage
10-07-2010, 06:45 PM
And many others, most likely.What forums out there sponsor prop bet contests between members? Do they also agree to facilitate the transfer of funds? I'd be real curious as to what forums are doing this kind of thing...

highnote
10-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Judging by the response Gm10's contest got, (which strangely you are absent from) probably not.

But, instead of talking about it, just do it. Have whatever contest you are going to have and let's see what you have.

As I wrote recently, jaywalking is illegal, but police rarely enforce it.

If you want a contest then PM prospective contestants. Then do it on the honor system -- a gentleman's agreement. Whoever doesn't pay up is not included in future contests.

My feeling is that it is not worth running one because of the nuisance factor.

I think the risk of getting in trouble with law is so small as to be virtually non-existant because this would be a private bet between individuals and the house is not taking a cut.

Dahoss9698
10-07-2010, 08:21 PM

If you want a contest then PM prospective contestants. Then do it on the honor system -- a gentleman's agreement. Whoever doesn't pay up is not included in future contests.

I think the risk of getting in trouble with law is so small as to be virtually non-existant because this would be a private bet between individuals and the house is not taking a cut.

You're telling the wrong person. It's not my idea and I'm not participating in it.

highnote
10-07-2010, 08:42 PM
You're telling the wrong person. It's not my idea and I'm not participating in it.

I knew that. I should not have said "you" in my post. That was meant to be a general "you". Sorry.

Also, I was just using your post to make sure the point was not lost.

TurfRuler
10-08-2010, 05:49 PM

If a contest is not free to enter, I'm so scared of placing a wager from North Carolina in any kind of forum, I'm shaking all over!

(The wagering platforms that allow phone wagers and internet wagers on horse races won't let me join because I'm from North Carolina.)

Pick6
10-08-2010, 06:20 PM
What forums out there sponsor prop bet contests between members? Do they also agree to facilitate the transfer of funds? I'd be real curious as to what forums are doing this kind of thing...
It is called a disclaimer.

Dahoss9698
10-08-2010, 06:28 PM
It is called a disclaimer.

Instead of just talking, do it. Set up whatever you are going to do within the rules of the site and do it.

Pretend you have something to offer.

Tee
10-09-2010, 05:04 AM
What forums out there sponsor prop bet contests between members? Do they also agree to facilitate the transfer of funds? I'd be real curious as to what forums are doing this kind of thing...

http://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74

PaceAdvantage
10-10-2010, 01:57 AM
It is called a disclaimer.It's also called not answering the question.

PaceAdvantage
10-10-2010, 01:59 AM
http://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74Are you going to sit here and tell me a multitude of laws are NOT being broken on that site if I understand correctly what appears to be going on there?

Tee
10-10-2010, 04:41 AM
Are you going to sit here and tell me a multitude of laws are NOT being broken on that site if I understand correctly what appears to be going on there?

You asked a question, I answered the question. Nothing more, nothing less.

PM Sent

Pick6
10-13-2010, 08:38 PM
Instead of just talking, do it. Set up whatever you are going to do within the rules of the site and do it.

Pretend you have something to offer.
Have I not already proposed how it will work within the rules of this site?

If you have any suggestions to that, please chime in. Since you indicated above you don't want to participate, I guess we can't draw any conclusions on your handicapping abilities for the BC. Shame, I thought you were willing to put up your skills against myself and others.

Dahoss9698
10-13-2010, 09:44 PM
Have I not already proposed how it will work within the rules of this site?

If you have any suggestions to that, please chime in. Since you indicated above you don't want to participate, I guess we can't draw any conclusions on your handicapping abilities for the BC. Shame, I thought you were willing to put up your skills against myself and others.

As I have said to Gm10 previously, prove that you can handicap and I'd consider testing my skills. So far you have yet to post a single pre race opinion on a horse you like in a specific race. Your posts on other topics have been pretty laughable.

I don't feel like wasting my time like I have already done twice. So let's see what you can do over 120 races and I'll consider it.

But, I plan on providing analysis on the BC, so you can draw all of the conclusions you'd like.

Pick6
10-14-2010, 12:19 AM
As I have said to Gm10 previously, prove that you can handicap and I'd consider testing my skills. So far you have yet to post a single pre race opinion on a horse you like in a specific race. Your posts on other topics have been pretty laughable.

I don't feel like wasting my time like I have already done twice. So let's see what you can do over 120 races and I'll consider it.

But, I plan on providing analysis on the BC, so you can draw all of the conclusions you'd like.
Look, I get it. You don't want to participate; that's fine. Do you think this is the last of these contests? You talk about this forum similar to talking to other racegoers at the track/OTB. You want to take some things seriously, other things not. I don't really care. You like to post stuff like "last word" as though it means something.

Frankly, I don't have the time to handicap x number of tracks for weeks/months in some contest that returns nothing. I enjoy the LV contests because they are only 3 days and I win money when I pick well. A single day (or 2 day) event like the BC is perfect. Just enjoy it. As if I could ever prove I am a better 'capper than you. (or anyone else)

Dahoss9698
10-14-2010, 12:37 AM
Look, I get it. You don't want to participate; that's fine. Do you think this is the last of these contests? You talk about this forum similar to talking to other racegoers at the track/OTB. You want to take some things seriously, other things not. I don't really care. You like to post stuff like "last word" as though it means something.

Frankly, I don't have the time to handicap x number of tracks for weeks/months in some contest that returns nothing. I enjoy the LV contests because they are only 3 days and I win money when I pick well. A single day (or 2 day) event like the BC is perfect. Just enjoy it. As if I could ever prove I am a better 'capper than you. (or anyone else)

No, you don't get it. You never get it.

You're afraid to post your opinions because then your nonsense will really look funny. You're not alone there, but it's obvious. That's why instead of actually posting opinions, you spend your precious time talking about doing it. This thread is a fine example of it. It's been going on for weeks now. Instead of posting some picks in these few weeks, we have yet to see a single pick. Not one.

You're not fooling me, or anyone else for that matter. But you know that.

Pick6
10-14-2010, 01:02 AM
No, you don't get it. You never get it.

You're afraid to post your opinions because then your nonsense will really look funny. You're not alone there, but it's obvious. That's why instead of actually posting opinions, you spend your precious time talking about doing it. This thread is a fine example of it. It's been going on for weeks now. Instead of posting some picks in these few weeks, we have yet to see a single pick. Not one.

You're not fooling me, or anyone else for that matter. But you know that.
I'll repeat: I have posted picks. Use the search function.

I will post picks here BC day. What are you so worried about?

Pick6
10-14-2010, 04:11 AM
It's also called not answering the question.
Here's a disclaimer. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/46/sporting-events/important-note-about-any-prop-bets-pools-fantasy-sports-leagues-etc-701440/)

Dahoss9698
10-14-2010, 11:23 AM
I'll repeat: I have posted picks.

Prove it.

Pick6
10-14-2010, 01:21 PM
Prove it.
Why? If you are so interested in this, then you can certainly use the search function to find out for yourself. It certainly doesn't matter to me.

PaceAdvantage
10-14-2010, 05:58 PM
Here's a disclaimer. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/46/sporting-events/important-note-about-any-prop-bets-pools-fantasy-sports-leagues-etc-701440/)They can post any disclaimer they wish. It probably holds little if any legal water.

I choose not to take that risk.

The very fact that they feel the need to post such a disclaimer says volumes about these types of activities.

Dahoss9698
10-14-2010, 06:31 PM
Why? If you are so interested in this, then you can certainly use the search function to find out for yourself. It certainly doesn't matter to me.

In other words you haven't. You would think it would be pretty simple to prove, no?

Then, to act as though it doesn't matter to you, considering this entire thread is about it is pretty funny.

One more time, you aren't fooling anyone.

Pick6
10-14-2010, 07:35 PM
They can post any disclaimer they wish. It probably holds little if any legal water.

I choose not to take that risk.

The very fact that they feel the need to post such a disclaimer says volumes about these types of activities.
The disclaimer is clear, and I understand this specific one was written by attorneys. So I doubt the "any legal water" argument otherwise they would stop the prop stuff like you.

That's fine; it's your forum, you do with it what you want. I just wanted to inform you how other forums out there deal with it, as you expressed doubt that sites actually allow that kind of stuff.

Pick6
10-14-2010, 07:38 PM
In other words you haven't. You would think it would be pretty simple to prove, no?

Then, to act as though it doesn't matter to you, considering this entire thread is about it is pretty funny.

One more time, you aren't fooling anyone.
I don't care. You do. I have no reason to fool anybody. Even if I never made any "picks" it doesn't mean anything. This is a HR forum. You are taking this way too seriously. Remember you race track analogy?

23 days to the Breeders Cup!

Dahoss9698
10-14-2010, 07:45 PM
I don't care. You do. I have no reason to fool anybody. Even if I never made any "picks" it doesn't mean anything. This is a HR forum. You are taking this way too seriously. Remember you race track analogy?

23 days to the Breeders Cup!

At least you are coming around to admitting you haven't. That's the first step. Not sure why you insisted on lying about it for this long.

Of course you care. This thread is an example of just how much you care. The fact you lied for this long shows how much you care. But I finally get it. You're trying to convince yourself.

Good luck with that.

PaceAdvantage
10-15-2010, 05:36 PM
The disclaimer is clear, and I understand this specific one was written by attorneys. So I doubt the "any legal water" argument otherwise they would stop the prop stuff like you.

That's fine; it's your forum, you do with it what you want. I just wanted to inform you how other forums out there deal with it, as you expressed doubt that sites actually allow that kind of stuff.I will use a simple analogy.

If I host a poker game at my house, yet I don't participate in the game, nor do I profit from it in any manner, do you think that will enable me to escape all legal troubles should the authorities come a knockin'?

What if I print up a disclaimer written by an attorney and hang it on my front door? Will the cops leave me alone because of that piece of paper? :lol:

Tom
10-15-2010, 07:29 PM
...and I understand this specific one was written by attorneys.

In any trial, half the attorneys LOSE! :D

Pick6
10-16-2010, 12:21 AM
At least you are coming around to admitting you haven't. That's the first step. Not sure why you insisted on lying about it for this long.

Of course you care. This thread is an example of just how much you care. The fact you lied for this long shows how much you care. But I finally get it. You're trying to convince yourself.

Good luck with that.
...and the above is evidence you did not use the search function to get the right answer for this important matter of yours you continue to dwell on.

I already posted a few weeks ago I would be participating in contests, whether you like it or not. I'm just being consistent.

Dahoss9698
10-16-2010, 12:28 AM
...and the above is evidence you did not use the search function to get the right answer for this important matter of yours you continue to dwell on.

I already posted a few weeks ago I would be participating in contests, whether you like it or not. I'm just being consistent.

Nope. You have never had a pre race opinion on a specific race and that is a fact. The evidence you haven't is your inability to provide an example.

I'll make it easy for you. Provide an example from the name(s) that got banned.

Pick6
10-16-2010, 12:31 AM
I will use a simple analogy.

If I host a poker game at my house, yet I don't participate in the game, nor do I profit from it in any manner, do you think that will enable me to escape all legal troubles should the authorities come a knockin'?

What if I print up a disclaimer written by an attorney and hang it on my front door? Will the cops leave me alone because of that piece of paper? :lol:
I will not argue with you; again I already indicated it is your forum and your choice to do with it whatever you want. Of course you know this.

If you are trying to prove the correctness of your position, I would not have chosen your example. I'm not an attorney, but inviting people over to your home with the intent of hosting a poker game is not really a close comparison. Perhaps employees of your business who make bets while they are working might be a closer comparison.

Pick6
10-16-2010, 12:32 AM
Nope. You have never had a pre race opinion on a specific race and that is a fact. The evidence you haven't is your inability to provide an example.

I'll make it easy for you. Provide an example from the name(s) that got banned.
Let me guess: you did not use search function to find my pre-race predictions.

Dahoss9698
10-16-2010, 12:33 AM
Let me guess: you did not use search function to find my pre-race predictions.

Still not fooling anyone.

Pick6
10-16-2010, 12:33 AM
In any trial, half the attorneys LOSE! :D
...assuming it gets to trial and goes to judge or jury to determine a verdict.

Pick6
10-16-2010, 12:36 AM
Still not fooling anyone.
Not much better than "last word". So I guess the answer is "no."

Dahoss9698
10-16-2010, 12:38 AM
Not much better than "last word". So I guess the answer is "no."

Actually a friend of mine did and confirmed it.

I suggest your next name be eunuch.

Pick6
10-16-2010, 12:47 AM
Actually a friend of mine did and confirmed it.

I suggest your next name be eunuch.
Ok. So if I find a pre-race prediction I made, you promise to never post on this forum again?

Dahoss9698
10-16-2010, 12:49 AM
Ok. So if I find a pre-race prediction I made, you promise to never post on this forum again?

Why would I do that? Unlike you, some actually like me and want me to post here.

The hilarious thing is you have to find it. :lol:

Pick6
10-16-2010, 12:53 AM
Why would I do that? Unlike you, some actually like me and want me to post here.

The hilarious thing is you have to find it. :lol:
Because you have nothing at risk. I'm sure you trust your "friend."

Dahoss9698
10-16-2010, 01:00 AM
Because you have nothing at risk. I'm sure you trust your "friend."

You asked a question and I answered. I'm just being consistent. You should try it sometime.

Pick6
10-16-2010, 01:03 AM
You asked a question and I answered. I'm just being consistent. You should try it sometime.
...and you asked a question and I answered. Consistency.

Dahoss9698
10-16-2010, 01:05 AM
...and you asked a question and I answered. Consistency.

All of this time and not ONE opinion. More consistency.

Pick6
10-16-2010, 01:14 AM
All of this time and not ONE opinion. More consistency.
If you are convinced then are we on for the prop bet?

And you really didn't answer my question. You replied without answering either with yes/no.

Maybe you should just post "last word" so you can declare victory.

Dahoss9698
10-16-2010, 01:15 AM
I already won a long time ago. No need to keep reminding you.

Pick6
10-16-2010, 01:21 AM
I already won a long time ago. No need to keep reminding you.
What exactly did you "win"? Are we on for our prop bet?

Dahoss9698
10-16-2010, 01:22 AM
Figure it out.

Pick6
10-16-2010, 01:25 AM
Figure it out.
So I'm supposed to figure out that you won "something", but you won't even answer yes/no to my prop bet which you already indicated you cannot lose.

Would you like to post "last word" now?

Dahoss9698
10-16-2010, 01:30 AM
Step back and think about this for a second. You want to make a bet where I have to stop posting if you can prove something that has never happened.

And you can't see that I've won already?

Pick6
10-16-2010, 01:34 AM
Step back and think about this for a second. You want to make a bet where I have to stop posting if you can prove something that has never happened.

And you can't see that I've won already?
Correct. You have nothing at risk because you confirmed I never posted a pre-race opinion, right?

So are we on for the prop?

Dahoss9698
10-16-2010, 01:37 AM
All of this carrying on because you don't have the balls to have an opinion. It's hilarious. Really is.

Yet your excuse for not posting opinions is not having time.

Yep, still fooling everyone.

Pick6
10-16-2010, 01:40 AM
All of this carrying on because you don't have the balls to have an opinion. It's hilarious. Really is.

Yet your excuse for not posting opinions is not having time.

Yep, still fooling everyone.
Again, I'm not trying to fool anyone. You are convinced I never posted a pre-race opinion, so we are on, right?

Dahoss9698
10-16-2010, 01:42 AM
Prop bets aren't legal here.

But that shouldn't stop you from proving it and shutting me up, right?

Pick6
10-16-2010, 01:44 AM
Prop bets aren't legal here.

But that shouldn't stop you from proving it and shutting me up, right?
Did you not make a prop bet to get somebody to cease posting?

Dahoss9698
10-16-2010, 01:46 AM
Did you not make a prop bet to get somebody to cease posting?

Actually, no I didn't.

Again, the fact props aren't legal shouldn't stop you from proving me wrong. So go for it bigshot.

Pick6
10-16-2010, 01:54 AM
Actually, no I didn't.

Again, the fact props aren't legal shouldn't stop you from proving me wrong. So go for it bigshot.
So, maybe you can elaborate on this?
Rules

I will try and update the scores after everyday, but I can't promise it. When putting your wagers in this thread, please indicate track, race, horse number. Only11 wins and Dahoss has to leave the board for good. Dahoss wins and Only11 donates $100 to a charity Dahoss chooses. Good luck.

Dahoss9698
10-16-2010, 02:24 AM
So, maybe you can elaborate on this?

When you provide your example, I'll elaborate on it. Consistency....

PaceAdvantage
10-16-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm not an attorney, but inviting people over to your home with the intent of hosting a poker game is not really a close comparison. Perhaps employees of your business who make bets while they are working might be a closer comparison.Whether they are invited or not makes not one bit of difference. The fact that I have knowledge that it is going on under my roof is the key.

The fact that they feel the need to post a disclaimer is pretty much a confession that they know this type of activity is taking place in their "house."

And if they moderate the board in any fashion, it's even more damning.

Pick6
10-18-2010, 12:47 PM
Whether they are invited or not makes not one bit of difference. The fact that I have knowledge that it is going on under my roof is the key.

The fact that they feel the need to post a disclaimer is pretty much a confession that they know this type of activity is taking place in their "house."

And if they moderate the board in any fashion, it's even more damning.
Inviting people to your home with the intent of playing a poker game, as you described in your example, is fairly "damning".

Again I'm not arguing with you; it's your forum, and you manage risk as you see fit. But your example was obviously poor. Mine was better.

Pick6
10-18-2010, 12:48 PM
When you provide your example, I'll elaborate on it. Consistency....
Not necessary, really. Since you were not banned for this prop, then it's safe to assume it was not violating any rules of the forum.

Kevroc
10-19-2010, 07:18 AM
I'm a moderator over at another vastly popular forum dedicated to poker.

We have a disclaimer that we attach to any forum wagers or contests.

It looks like this...

FORUM ABC Disclaimer Regarding “Prop Bet,” “Challenge,” and “Wager” Forum Posts.

FORUM ABC encourages the candid and open exchange of information and communications between its members. The sheer size and scope of our forums - and the rapid distribution of information originating from thousands of different sources every day - limits our ability to monitor, approve, delete, edit, censor, or screen certain posts that may be offensive or may contain information relating to harmful or illegal activity.

As noted in our terms and conditions, FORUM ABC is not legally responsible for the content of any post, or the accuracy of any information discussed or uploaded onto the Forums by the members. Opinions, advice, discussions, and all other information expressed by the members are those of the members themselves, and not necessarily shared by FORUM ABC.

This includes posts or threads relating to contests, tournaments, “prop bets,” challenges, and wagers between Forum members. FORUM ABC does not, and will not, “book” any bets or wagers between Forum members. Further, FORUM ABC takes no official part in any bets, wagers, related posts, or the discussion of any such transactions between Forum members.

FORUM ABC makes no guarantees or certifications whatsoever that any bets, wagers, or transactions discussed on the Forums are legal, safe, accurate, or sanctioned by FORUM ABC in any way. You rely on such information at your own risk. As such, FORUM ABC will not be liable for the ultimate legality of such transactions nor will FORUM ABC be held responsible for any potential loss or harm to its members as a result of such transactions.

Forum name changed to "FORUM ABC" so as not to look like a shill for my home site.

I love contests but, working out the transfers can be tricky.

Dahoss9698
10-19-2010, 11:43 AM
Not necessary, really. Since we both know I can't provide an example, I'm just going to avoid it as much as I can. Consistency...

FTFY

ramone44
10-19-2010, 12:23 PM
On to better things does anyone know when the early form comes out for the cup. Thanx.

Longshot
10-19-2010, 04:56 PM
This from the DRF website.

Breeder's Cup Advance PPs and materials will be available on October 27th, 2010.

Bris already has their possible entries PPs available. I've seen links to free downloads on a couple of boards.

ramone44
10-20-2010, 07:18 AM
Thanks very much i will check into that.

ramone44
10-20-2010, 07:34 AM
Longshot do you have the links to those other boards.

ramone44
10-20-2010, 01:14 PM
Thanks very much longshot this is great much appriciated

Pick6
10-20-2010, 03:00 PM
FTFY
Since you are convinced I can't cite any pre-race opinion of mine, why hesitate on the prop?

Pick6
10-20-2010, 03:01 PM
This from the DRF website.

Breeder's Cup Advance PPs and materials will be available on October 27th, 2010.

Bris already has their possible entries PPs available. I've seen links to free downloads on a couple of boards.
Cool. Thanks.

Dahoss9698
10-20-2010, 03:07 PM
Since you are convinced I can't cite any pre-race opinion of mine, why hesitate on the prop?

It has been explained already props aren't allowed here. Since this matters to you so much, why not just provide an example of a you giving a pre race selection under this name or one of your banned ones?

No wonder you like Zenyatta so much. You both love ducking.

Pick6
10-20-2010, 03:12 PM
It has been explained already props aren't allowed here. Since this matters to you so much, why not just provide an example of a you giving a pre race selection under this name or one of your banned ones?

No wonder you like Zenyatta so much. You both love ducking.
So you were banned for your prop cited above?

Dahoss9698
10-20-2010, 04:16 PM
So you were banned for your prop cited above?

Keep ducking.

You've been banned from here previously. Fact.

ramone44
10-21-2010, 12:44 PM
Does anyone have access to the Mazer book Crushing the cup.

garyscpa
10-21-2010, 03:46 PM
Does anyone have access to the Mazer book Crushing the cup.

Just got it Tuesday. What do you want to know?

cj
10-21-2010, 04:08 PM
Just got it Tuesday. What do you want to know?

If he really wants to know, he can buy the book, right?

garyscpa
10-21-2010, 04:25 PM
If he really wants to know, he can buy the book, right?

I'm not going to reproduce the book for him. Maybe it's just a simple question.

ramone44
10-25-2010, 12:46 PM
The reason i asked is because you can get it for free here(Toronto)a couple of days before the cup races.

Pick6
11-04-2010, 11:59 PM
Ok, here we go. Since nobody protested, the rules are as originally posted (shown below):

1) Everybody starts with a ficticious $1,000 bankroll.
2) The winner will be person who earns the most from their bets, including the bet amount. For example, If a person bets $100 to win, and wins with a payoff of $11.00, then that person will have earned $550 for that bet.
2) Require a minimum number of straight win bets in "key" races. I suggest minimum required $50 win action in: BCC, BC Turf, Juvenile, and Sprint.
3) Allow no more than $250 bet in one race. For multi-race bets, this will apply to the starting race of that bet.
4) All BC races Friday and Saturday are eligible. Multi-race bets that span non-BC races are NOT eligible.
5) All pari-mutuel bets offered at Churchill are acceptable bets. This includes special Fri/Sat doubles.
6) A moderator will post "NO MORE BETS" when the first horse is entered in the gate. Any posts with bets following that post will be rejected.

Unfortunately, I cannot moderate the bets tomorrow. So how about we use the DRF chart off time as the official cutoff time less one minute. So if your post says 2:03CT, and the race goes off at 2:04CT, you are ok. If your post says 2:04CT, then sorry, you got shut out.

Here are my picks for Friday's card:

Race 5:
$50 WIN #9
$10 EXACTA BOX #2-9
If #9 scratches, $50 WIN #2

Race 6:
$50 WIN #4
$10 EXACTA BOX #4-10
If #4 scratches, $50 WIN #10

Race 7:
$25 WIN #3
$5 EXACTA BOX #3-8-9
If #3 scratches, $25 WIN #8

Race 8:
$40 WIN #1
$5 EXACTA BOX 1-10
If #1 scratches, $40 WIN #1

Race 9:
$50 WIN 6

Dahoss9698
11-05-2010, 12:56 AM
You're pick in the 8th has been scratched already. Finger on the pulse as usual....

Pick6
11-05-2010, 01:21 AM
Should read:

Race 8:
$40 WIN #1
$5 EXACTA BOX 1-10
If #1 scratches, $40 WIN #10

Race 10:
$50 WIN #3

Dahoss9698
11-05-2010, 01:42 AM
You're pick in the 8th has been scratched already. Finger on the pulse as usual....

Should read "your". Pet peeve of mine.

Pick6
11-05-2010, 01:46 AM
Race 7:
$3 TRI BOX #3-8-9

Dahoss9698
11-05-2010, 01:47 AM
Should read:

Race 10:
$50 WIN #3

It's like you're copying my selections....weird.

Pick6
11-05-2010, 01:54 AM
$5 DD 9th/10th
6 with 3

$2 DD 5th/6th
2/9 with 4/10

No alternate for scratches