PDA

View Full Version : Compu-Q

Tom
09-07-2003, 10:03 AM
Two questions from a technologically challenged person:

1. I want to make Word my default edtior in IE - rihgt now it is notepad, but there are no other options in the drop down window. How do I get word in there? On my W98 machine, it must have gone there by itself, becasue I never put it there but it is my default.

2. I am using two computers and all efforts to connect them via network have "lugged out in the stretch" so to speak. I bought an external hard drive and want to use it on both.

Plan A is to plug/unplug it as I need it, sort of a manual network.

Plan B is to use my USB extension hub as a splitter, by plugging both computers into the box and then the box into the hard drvie.

Question-can I do either of these things?
I don't want to "try and fry"

Larry Hamilton
09-07-2003, 10:10 AM
to change the editor, click on tools above, then click on internet options, then click on Programs

Tom
09-07-2003, 10:18 AM
Thanks, but I tried that- Notepad is the only program that appears and I don't see how to add another one.

Larry Hamilton
09-07-2003, 10:19 AM
Given that you cannot make the network work. Plan A looks like the solution as PLan B doesnt look possible.

Frankly, if you throw 60 bucks or so at the computer maintenance place you use, they could fix the network for you so you can have the solution you want, which is one hard drive used on/by two computer simultaneously.

Larry Hamilton
09-07-2003, 10:21 AM
mine lists Notepad and MS Word...I'll look around and see what loaded Word here

Tom
09-07-2003, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the help, LArry.