PDA

View Full Version : Concealed Carry Saves a life

JustRalph
09-28-2010, 10:37 PM
This guy is going to get fired for saving his and his managers life.

Please read the entire story........it's a tough one

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/09/28/1723694/2-men-shot-dead-in-robbery.html

Robbery suspects shot dead by east Charlotte Pizza Hut employee

A pizza deliveryman who shot two would-be robbers to death in east Charlotte said Tuesday that he didn’t draw his concealed pistol until the last possible second, when he thought he would be killed.

Throughout the robbery attempt, as the men hit and pistol-whipped him inside a cooler at an east Charlotte Pizza Hut, the driver said he kept his right elbow pinned tightly against his body – holding a Glock 22 under his shirt and out of view.

He said he didn’t want to use the gun unless he was forced to. But as one of the men lifted his shirt, nearly exposing the gun, the deliveryman opened fire.

The two men killed – Gregory James Hardy and Dauntrae Wallace – were both 21-year-old convicted felons, one on probation and one awaiting trial on unrelated charges.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/09/28/1723694/2-men-shot-dead-in-robbery.html#ixzz10sl8gygW
Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/09/28/1723694/2-men-shot-dead-in-robbery.html#ixzz10sl3EWvy

boxcar
09-28-2010, 10:52 PM
Kudos to the brave pizza guy who refused to become to victim.

From all these stories, it's obvious the police in this country do a far better job of serving than protecting.

Boxcar

fast4522
09-29-2010, 06:38 AM
CCW today.

johnhannibalsmith
09-29-2010, 01:59 PM
I'm now an Arizonan(er) that lived in New York for most of my life. I still can't help but stare at people that walk through the grocery or take Fido out to piss on the lawn with a pistol holstered.

It seems bizarre - people would windsprint out the exit screaming in horror if they saw a grumpy fellow with a gun comparing texture and firmness of avocado in the market back home.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure doesn't seem like there's any more crime here - at least not violent type crime that would seem to support critics' claims that loose carry laws promote gun related crime. I live on a desolate ranch and feel pretty darn safe here even without a weapon because I know that the general public expects that citizens here carry weapons as self-defense, particularly in the home.

prospector
09-29-2010, 02:51 PM
I'm now an Arizonan(er) that lived in New York for most of my life. I still can't help but stare at people that walk through the grocery or take Fido out to piss on the lawn with a pistol holstered.

It seems bizarre - people would windsprint out the exit screaming in horror if they saw a grumpy fellow with a gun comparing texture and firmness of avocado in the market back home.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure doesn't seem like there's any more crime here - at least not violent type crime that would seem to support critics' claims that loose carry laws promote gun related crime. I live on a desolate ranch and feel pretty darn safe here even without a weapon because I know that the general public expects that citizens here carry weapons as self-defense, particularly in the home.
that ranch has rattlesnakes...get a shotgun

jamey1977
09-29-2010, 02:53 PM
This guy is going to get fired for saving his and his managers life.

Please read the entire story........it's a tough one

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/09/28/1723694/2-men-shot-dead-in-robbery.html

Robbery suspects shot dead by east Charlotte Pizza Hut employee

A pizza deliveryman who shot two would-be robbers to death in east Charlotte said Tuesday that he didn’t draw his concealed pistol until the last possible second, when he thought he would be killed.

Throughout the robbery attempt, as the men hit and pistol-whipped him inside a cooler at an east Charlotte Pizza Hut, the driver said he kept his right elbow pinned tightly against his body – holding a Glock 22 under his shirt and out of view.

He said he didn’t want to use the gun unless he was forced to. But as one of the men lifted his shirt, nearly exposing the gun, the deliveryman opened fire.

The two men killed – Gregory James Hardy and Dauntrae Wallace – were both 21-year-old convicted felons, one on probation and one awaiting trial on unrelated charges.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/09/28/1723694/2-men-shot-dead-in-robbery.html#ixzz10sl8gygW
Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/09/28/1723694/2-men-shot-dead-in-robbery.html#ixzz10sl3EWvy
This dude is a hero. 2 Scumbags Dead. Yesssssssss. They asked for it. I will gladly contribute to his Defense Fund.

GaryG
09-29-2010, 07:28 PM
This is truly a heartwarming story....just as good as that granny in Ironton, OH with a .357 in her purse who finalized the guy that was robbing them in their hotel room. Arizona's law is clearly a deterrent. Say a thug enters a fast food joint or convenience store with robbery on his mind and sees a couple of customers with hog legs on thei hip. He be gone in a hurry.

BlueShoe
09-29-2010, 08:37 PM
I live on a desolate ranch and feel pretty darn safe here even without a weapon because I know that the general public expects that citizens here carry weapons as self-defense, particularly in the home.
That means that illegals running drugs have not visited your property yet. If and when Luis and Alfredo see something of yours that might be of value to them, your decision to go about unarmed could be deeply regretted.

fast4522
09-29-2010, 09:30 PM
There are always two sides to every coin when we refrence it this way. On the one side anyone who puts others in harms way by the ultimate threat of loss of life by pointing a firearm or knife against the innocent for what ever reason deserves to be cut down and disbatched to save life of the innocent. The other side of the coin is in fact that it was a tragdey and we as legalally armed citizenry have to reflect on such tragdey as a pinch that we really do not want to feel when it occurs someplace else to someone else. I speak for myself and admit I do feel the pinch and do not look at someone as a hero, but just someone who was trying to get out relatively unscathed. Everyone who carrys a firearm LEO or just a citizen should at the time he or she loads and holstes a gun reflect like I do that I love life. Everything is a setup to carry yourself in order to properly function and always make the right choice. This is what we do as people that seperates us from the animals, right choices. The ability to process information under stress, which does not sound like much but it is. Mind and body process information, without some cool your heart rate will approach 150 beats per minute. The simple question is ”do you think it is easy”, not as easy as it sounds. And while my personality is pro gun/self defense I always take a moment to reflect on the peace that is imbeded into each and every one of us or should be, love of life.

JustRalph
09-30-2010, 12:58 AM
That means that illegals running drugs have not visited your property yet. If and when Luis and Alfredo see something of yours that might be of value to them, your decision to go about unarmed could be deeply regretted.

Amen............

boxcar
09-30-2010, 11:43 AM
There are always two sides to every coin when we refrence it this way. On the one side anyone who puts others in harms way by the ultimate threat of loss of life by pointing a firearm or knife against the innocent for what ever reason deserves to be cut down and disbatched to save life of the innocent. The other side of the coin is in fact that it was a tragdey and we as legalally armed citizenry have to reflect on such tragdey as a pinch that we really do not want to feel when it occurs someplace else to someone else. I speak for myself and admit I do feel the pinch and do not look at someone as a hero, but just someone who was trying to get out relatively unscathed. Everyone who carrys a firearm LEO or just a citizen should at the time he or she loads and holstes a gun reflect like I do that I love life. Everything is a setup to carry yourself in order to properly function and always make the right choice. This is what we do as people that seperates us from the animals, right choices. The ability to process information under stress, which does not sound like much but it is. Mind and body process information, without some cool your heart rate will approach 150 beats per minute. The simple question is ”do you think it is easy”, not as easy as it sounds. And while my personality is pro gun/self defense I always take a moment to reflect on the peace that is imbeded into each and every one of us or should be, love of life.

Good post, Fast. Good post. :ThmbUp:

When I stop to reflect on my moral responsibility as a gun owner, it leaves me with three different emotions. First, I'm deeply saddened that I even have to own a gun to protect myself from a tyranny-prone government or from a common criminal. These reasons do not speak well to the human condition. We yearn for peace and tranquility in a world that is filled violent, greedy and lustful people -- people and governments who want what others have, including power. Such people have no love for God or their fellow man.

And then I feel righteous anger. I have a God-given right to protect myself, my loved ones and my property, regardless of what any government says. Essentially, I have a right to protect myself from anyone trying to impose his will on me -- who is trying to force me to do something against my will that is wrong, or who is trying to perpetrate a crime against me.

And then I still feel love for my fellow man, even though he's lost spiritually and largely ignorant of God's will for his life. After all, I too would still be in that same spiritual condition had it not been for the grace of God. I'm still a sinner. I'm not perfect. To borrow one of 'cap's favorite terms -- I can certainly empathize with my fellow man. I'm no different than anyone except that I'm a forgiven sinner who God has mercifully brought into his family.

Gun ownership for me, therefore, is a very heavy responsibility. To be honest -- I would prefer not owning any weapons -- but in this world, that is an unrealistic option to the real possibilities for the need of protective measures. I love life. I love living. I hate death. I love life so much, I could not even bring myself to kill an animal except in self-defense. If I ever had to kill a human being (God forbid!), I'm not sure how I'd handle it emotionally.

Boxcar

JustRalph
10-01-2010, 02:09 AM
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/09/30/1727351/charlotte-victims-fight-back.html

JustRalph
10-02-2010, 11:34 PM
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/02/1735461/memorial-honors-two-alleged-robbers.html