PDA

View Full Version : Progressives finally getting it

ArlJim78
09-28-2010, 05:31 PM
oh this is a heartbreaking story (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39404640/ns/politics-white_house/). Obama is now not only blaming Bush, Republicans, and Fox news, he has now taken to scolding his own camp. and I didn't think this was going to go over very well with them.

first it was Biden the other day telling his side to "stop whining"

Now dear leader has told them to "buck up", and that to sit out this election is "inexcusable"

“If people now want to take their ball and go home that tells me folks weren't serious in the first place,” he said. “If you're serious, now's exactly the time that people have to step up.”

Well this I'm sure is just the remedy to motivate the progressive troops. or not?

“I think it is a remarkably condescending message,” said Darcy Burner, the executive director of ProgressCongress.org and the Progressive Congress Action Fund.

Progressives, she said, continue to be deeply involved in policy and in politics and are not at all lethargic or disengaged.
“The fact that they are frustrated and discouraged has as much to do with the rhetoric coming out of the White House as anything else,” she said. “And this is the latest example of that.”

“Here we have a president who over and over again said that a public option was going to be a key part of the health care plan — who then, it turns out, cut a deal to get rid of the public option. And he’s upset at the base that worked so hard to try to get a meaningful health care bill,” she said.

Dear leader condescending? no way. do you really think so Darcy?

“His contention — that the problem is that the people who believed in him are whiners — is not productive,” she said. “If he wants folks to be excited, he should do something to get them excited — or he should at least stop kicking them while they’re down.”

Oh the humanity,:lol:

fast4522
09-28-2010, 07:49 PM
Funny if you go against the electorate there is hell to pay.

boxcar
09-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Funny if you go against the electorate there is hell to pay.

Well, no conservative here ever accused the Teleprompter Cripple-in-Chief of being smart.

Boxcar
P.S. However, he did one smart thing: He kept his college records hidden from public view and scrutiny -- obviously, for good reason.

cj's dad
09-28-2010, 09:10 PM
Well, no conservative here ever accused the Teleprompter Cripple-in-Chief of being smart.

Boxcar
P.S. However, he did one smart thing: He kept his college records hidden from public view and scrutiny -- obviously, for good reason.

And Birth Certificate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At a cost of plus $1 million $$$$$

Tom
09-28-2010, 10:34 PM
It is pretty obvious what Obama really is.
If you can't see it, you can surely smell it. :D

btw, that shared sacrifice he kept ranting about....everyone but him and the First Bitch and the First rug rats I guess.

sandpit
09-28-2010, 10:37 PM
It is pretty obvious what Obama really is.
If you can't see it, you can surely smell it. :D

btw, that shared sacrifice he kept ranting about....everyone but him and the First Bitch and the First rug rats I guess.

While it's hard to deny ma and pa's extravagant ways, you can't really blame the chilluns; they are just doing what they are told, like any good child would.

Tom
09-28-2010, 10:46 PM
Yeah, but no doubt, they will grow up to be just their miserable parents.
Not their fault, but sucks to be the offspring of trash. They will probably be screwing our children someday.

HUSKER55
09-29-2010, 01:11 AM
not if we screw them first

bigmack
09-29-2010, 01:18 AM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/2-1.jpg

We tried to warn 'em.

fast4522
09-29-2010, 06:21 AM
Even her own are tired of seeing her face.