PDA

View Full Version : Dumb and Dumber

illinoisbred
09-26-2010, 09:28 PM
Nothing like a little public humiliation....Frank Calabrese refers to his 2 trainers-Nick Canani and Ron Faucheux as dumb and dumber in his acceptance of the leading owner trophy at Arlington.

WinterTriangle
09-27-2010, 01:11 AM
Were they there?

I'd have to see the context, and whether everyone was laughing.

I've called my best friend a dumb blonde....but she's not dumb. :) There is no animosity over it at all, even her husband laughs. He's a dumb blonde, too.....NOT:D Engineer.

jballscalls
09-27-2010, 09:34 AM
without hearing it, i'd have to think he was doing that affectionately

lamboguy
09-27-2010, 09:39 AM
Nothing like a little public humiliation....Frank Calabrese refers to his 2 trainers-Nick Canani and Ron Faucheux as dumb and dumber in his acceptance of the leading owner trophy at Arlington.of course they are, they work for him and only get 5% of the win instead of the industry wide 10%

illinoisbred
09-27-2010, 10:02 AM
without hearing it, i'd have to think he was doing that affectionately
That could very well be the case. Frank was smirking and said this with some laughter in his voice. He was asked who is the dumbest and said something about starting a plant at the beginning of the meet to use as a measuring stick to judge his trainers. Also, said he was embarrassed about winning the owner's title...genuinely seemed he was embarrassed.

cj
09-27-2010, 10:06 AM
of course they are, they work for him and only get 5% of the win instead of the industry wide 10%

So that makes them dumb?

I don't get it. They can take 5% of a whole lot of wins, or 10% of a few. It probably isn't as dumb as it seems on paper. Maybe the 10% is an outdated model.

illinoisbred
09-27-2010, 10:11 AM
So that makes them dumb?

I don't get it. They can take 5% of a whole lot of wins, or 10% of a few. It probably isn't as dumb as it seems on paper. Maybe the 10% is an outdated model.
Agree.As difficult as he may be to work for,I'm sure the line would be long if he was hiring.

For all the bad press Frank gets, the fact remains...he keeps coming up with a stable of horses that are competitive no matter track or surface. I stated on the Mason thread and its true-if we ran on freshly poured concrete daily,Frank would build a stable that excelled on it!

lamboguy
09-27-2010, 10:16 AM
So that makes them dumb?

I don't get it. They can take 5% of a whole lot of wins, or 10% of a few. It probably isn't as dumb as it seems on paper. Maybe the 10% is an outdated model.i know dear frank, he ain't exactly a prize package. even shug gets the full 10%

cj
09-27-2010, 10:24 AM
i know dear frank, he ain't exactly a prize package. even shug gets the full 10%

That doesn't mean 10% is the right number, just like nobody knows for sure what the optimal takeout number is. 5% obviously works very well for those two guys.

Striker
09-27-2010, 12:29 PM
Nothing like a little public humiliation....Frank Calabrese refers to his 2 trainers-Nick Canani and Ron Faucheux as dumb and dumber in his acceptance of the leading owner trophy at Arlington.
Whatever he was trying to be by saying these things publicly and in front of thousands of people, the fact is the man has a problem with his communication skills and especially when he speaks to people. Watch his speech for Dreaming of Anna during the Eclispe Award dinner where he brings up that Gulfstream needs to give him more stalls--What does this have to do with what DOA just accomplished? I have seen his actions when he was pissed at Catalano after a race and yelling at him right in front of patrons at Arlington Park, it was embarassing. Excellent behavior for the "leading owner" to put on display for everyone around. These comments are just icing on the cake for this man.