PDA

View Full Version : Mark Villa RIP

picojim
09-25-2010, 07:50 PM
Jockey Mark Anthony Villa suffered fatal injuries Sept. 25 after his horse, Separate Money, fell after the finish line of the seventh race at Zia Park in New Mexico.

Zia Park officials said that after falling to the ground, Villa attempted to stand up and was stuck by another horse. Separate Money finished second in the 400-yard Quarter Horse event, a trial for the Hobbs Futurity.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/59053/jockey-villa-dead-after-zia-park-accident

Turkoman
09-25-2010, 08:15 PM
Oh my God, that's so sad.

RXB
09-25-2010, 08:19 PM
Hopefully his wife and children will be okay.

Why are people hitting the Facebook "Like" button on the Bloodhorse story? What exactly is there to "like" about what has happened?

Shelby
09-25-2010, 08:36 PM
I am so so saddened by this :(.

Shelby
09-25-2010, 08:38 PM
Hopefully his wife and children will be okay.

Why are people hitting the Facebook "Like" button on the Bloodhorse story? What exactly is there to "like" about what has happened?

The "like" button is the only way that one can get updates on Facebook when someone posts after you--it's a way of getting updates. Facebook should put a "subscribe" button on their site because "like" isn't always the best term to use.

jamey1977
09-25-2010, 09:55 PM
The "like" button is the only way that one can get updates on Facebook when someone posts after you--it's a way of getting updates. Facebook should put a "subscribe" button on their site because "like" isn't always the best term to use.
I saw The Replay. It happened so fast. You couldn't even tell. Just terrible. The whole race was a disaster. Another jockey fell off his horse too. Horses Zig Zagging all over the pace. Just heartbreaking. R.I.P. Mark

PaceAdvantage
09-25-2010, 11:36 PM
I don't really know what to say...this tragedy just emphasizes once again how the grace and beauty of this sport can be replaced by the most horrifying of images in the blink of an eye.

Just horrible news...following right on the heels of Michael Martinez suffering paralysis in that spill at Golden Gate.

jballscalls
09-25-2010, 11:41 PM
so sad for his wife, two children and all his family and friends. so so sad

lamboguy
09-25-2010, 11:50 PM
these injuries hurt all our souls. the sport is a very dangerous game at all times. i am very sad for his poor family.

i am going to make a donation to the DON MACBETH FUND in mark villa's name. that fund is run by chris mccarron.http://www.macbethfund.org/

HuggingTheRail
09-26-2010, 01:35 AM
Incredibly sad....

duncan04
09-26-2010, 01:41 AM
Always hate when something like this happens. Reminds us how dangerous this sport can be. My thoughts and prayers go to to his family, friends and all his fellow riders and everyone associated with Zia Park.

R.I.P Mark Villa, you will be missed!!! :( :(

Marshall Bennett
09-26-2010, 04:50 AM
Words just cannot express the sadness I feel when this happens. Unlike most sports I feel as if a family member has been taken from us when it happens here .. I wish his family the very best and God bless his soul . RIP .

jimmy m
09-29-2010, 10:38 AM
I was back east calling harness races,Just found out this now wow very sad i met Mark Villa and called many races he was in in Arizona and New Mexico rode at Safford AZ back in 99 when i called there very sad.

jognlope
09-29-2010, 11:54 AM
What a horrendous story, so sorry.

jognlope
09-29-2010, 11:56 AM
http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_16192036?source=most_emailed