PDA

View Full Version : Drug Free and Amazing

Trotman
09-25-2010, 09:18 AM
I have a freind who purchased a Muscles Yankee yearling and this season would have been his 1st year racing except that plan was scrapped as this colt was just loonie. The colt got headstrong and to be honest shortly after being broke I thought this colt would wind up as meat. My friend would never send a horse for meat so he kept trying different things. Back in April of this year he decided to start feeding the colt Magnesium Oxide in a warm mash at night and giving the colt a muscle massage with a topical gel of magnesium oxide and wow what a difference the horse quallified the other day in 52 and a piece and won by eight wrapped up. I asked my friend how the horse was in the lane and he said he was finger driving him and if he wanted to urge the colt he could have won by the length of the stretch. With all the negative thoughts to the game I thought it would be nice to hear the positive from a real horseman, a fellow who lives for his horses and still trains in the way he was taught so many years ago. As for his 2yr season the colt will train and qually a couple of more times and then turnout then start back up for his 3yr season, I'll be waiting for that. :ThmbUp:

wilderness
09-25-2010, 09:52 AM
Trotman,
Lots of search returns on a google on;( "Magnesium Oxide" +horses (http://www.google.com/#hl=en&expIds=17259,22713,26614,26751&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=%22Magnesium+Oxide%22+%2Bhorses&cp=25&pf=p&sclient=psy&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=%22Magnesium+Oxide%22+%2Bhorses&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=8d9c50a61d5b9175) )

Pacingguy
09-27-2010, 08:01 AM
Trotman,

Thanks for sharing this. There are some good trainers out there. We tend to forget about them.

botster
09-27-2010, 10:51 AM
Amen and congrats.Good to see one one, they are long and far between:) .