PDA

View Full Version : Cracker at Ascot

gm10
09-25-2010, 09:11 AM
anyone following Ascot today?

my selections - not very original

Royal Lodge: Frankel (this horse, named after Bobbie Frankel, is a monster, his last sectional times were simply sensational in his last race)

Fillies' Mile: White Moonstone should have the edge here

Heritage Handicap: very very tricky, I'm going to go with a big price Colepeper

QE II Mile: Makfi - I think RIP is sitting on a big one too but the ground is not in his favour. Poet's Voice shouldn't be underestimated.

gm10
09-25-2010, 09:36 AM
OMG

Frankel ... that is one of the most amazing 2yo's I have ever seen

awesome

lamboguy
09-25-2010, 10:13 AM
OMG

Frankel ... that is one of the most amazing 2yo's I have ever seen

awesomethey have great racing over there in europe. i like the fact that the win pools are twice as big as all the exotic pools are put together. it seems to me that racing in other places without lassix and other medications that are alowed in this country is on much firmer ground. over here racing has one foot already in the ground and the other one half way in.

the little guy
09-25-2010, 10:51 AM
Fillies' Mile: White Moonstone should have the edge here

Wow! You like Godolphin's entrant? What a shock.

How did you vote in the poll?

gm10
09-25-2010, 11:25 AM
Poet's Voice wins the QE II Mile.
What a day for Frankie. What a day for Godolphin.

cj
09-25-2010, 11:27 AM
How did you vote in the poll?

He's still holding out hope Vineyard Haven will take the Fall Highweight.

gm10
09-25-2010, 11:51 AM
He's still holding out hope Vineyard Haven will take the Fall Highweight.

why do you keep deleting my message?

all I'm asking is for you to do your job as a moderator and let this thread be about Ascot and not about people's problems with Godolphin

cj
09-25-2010, 11:57 AM
why do you keep deleting my message?

all I'm asking is for you to do your job as a moderator and let this thread be about Ascot and not about people's problems with Godolphin

It is funny you start a thread when they do well but ignore others where there terrible year is the topic. You can ignore it if you like, it speaks volumes.

As for Ascot, people are free to talk about it here, nobody is stopping them. I doubt many saw it in the US.

Charlie D
09-25-2010, 11:58 AM
Think race may have fell into Poets Voice lap gm10. What you think??

gm10
09-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Think race may have fell into Poets Voice lap gm10. What you think??

I think he's an improved horse, He was the pick of the paddock, too. Rip ran his race, Makfi doesn't like Ascot, it seems. Great finish.

Charlie D
09-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Race reminds me of when Zacinto nearly collared RIP gm10, difference here imho a slightly better horses was the deep closer.

Makfi travelled well but found very little and it will be interesting to see what thier next step is with him.

Good finish though as you say.

Tom
09-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Good race. Just saw it on HRTV.
Surprised Rip got beat.

gm10
09-25-2010, 12:08 PM
Race reminds me of when Zacinto nearly collared RIP gm10, difference here imho a slightly better horses was the deep closer.

Makfi travelled well but found very little and it will be interesting to see what thier next step is with him.

they're hoping for a lot of rain at Churchill, I reckon

Rip isn't absolute top class imo, never has been, but I like him anyway
good performance by Poet's Voice

what a day for Frankie!!

Valuist
09-25-2010, 05:25 PM
I have never seen a European flat race won by that big a margin. The horse really dragged the rider to the lead.

gm10
09-25-2010, 05:53 PM
I have never seen a European flat race won by that big a margin. The horse really dragged the rider to the lead.

mind-blowing
he is just 10 lengths better than the rest without coming off the bridle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnF3cidf2DM