PDA

View Full Version : Does Youtube Matter? Really?

JustRalph
09-24-2010, 08:13 PM
A few years back I posted in a thread how I thought Youtube was going to change the face of information for those who are connected, interested etc.

Now going into this election, I think the Political Vids are starting to hit their stride. Youtube is not the only repository for video that is coming to fruition.Other sites are coming on line. The Roku Boxes and the Apple TV's of the world are going to add to the blurring line between how we get our information. The cost of these appliances and the low low cost of hosting services online are contributing to a huge change that is going to occur fast in the next few years. Where does it go from here? In a few years anybody who wants to will be able to create their own network, basically. Check out this video that was recently put up on Youtube. It is one of those that would have never been seen five years ago. This is the kind of thing that feeds a movement. Good or bad it seems. 6weDMH-SCOE

Can you imagine? for a hundred bucks a month and a little time , anybody can become their own network....... and some are doing it. Is this good or bad.....??

JustRalph
09-25-2010, 08:46 PM
And so the experiment ends.............

jballscalls
09-25-2010, 09:34 PM
And so the experiment ends.............

i actually thought long and hard about it, but figured my response would be ridiculed, so best to just leave it be :)

Tom
09-25-2010, 09:53 PM
Can you imagine? for a hundred bucks a month and a little time , anybody can become their own network....... and some are doing it. Is this good or bad.....??

That pretty much describes CNN and PMSNBC.

At least with many outlets, the truth would be in there somewhere, unlike now, with the MSM where is it almost always absent.

Anything that weakens the influence of the 5th estate is a good thing.

PaceAdvantage
09-25-2010, 11:30 PM
i actually thought long and hard about it, but figured my response would be ridiculed, so best to just leave it be :)My responses are ridiculed all the time...why should you be any different? :lol:

jballscalls
09-25-2010, 11:36 PM
My responses are ridiculed all the time...why should you be any different? :lol:

i'm a very self-loathing individual, i take criticisms way too much to heart :)

but your point is well taken! :)