PDA

View Full Version : Freehold Raceway Picks: Sat., Sept. 25

Teach
09-24-2010, 06:46 PM
Race One: They say (whoever "they"are): "What goes around...Comes around!" Just ask Justin Timberlake. In the foist race (my cousin Vito lives in Brooklyn), I like the #4 Luck Goes Around with Pat Berry. Fuhget the last race -- overmatched from the #7 hole at "Poke-Your-Nose". Prior to that, two 8-hole starts at Freehold (yet, he finished 3rd and 2nd). What impresses me is the easy win from the 5-hole on August 21st at "The Hold" (not to be confused with "The Hole" (Mattyhole) north of Syracuse in upstate New York). Anything resembling that 1:55.3 effort and it's picture-taking time. Remember: "What goes around...Comes around!"

Race Two: I like the #5 Rockin The House (sounds like a Frat movie like "Revenge of The Nerds" or "Animal House"). The "Sorel Speedster" from north of the border, Yannick Gingras, is most capable in the bike. I'm very impressed with the horse's recent Pocono efforts. Any kind of trip and this horses breezes.

Race Three: #1 Flaunting TheFaith with "The Pandy Man," Jim Pantaleano, looks like the horse to beat. He's faced better. He has the rail. He should be able to handle this bunch.

Race Four: #3 MyLuvMyLife with GB, "The Minister of Speed," looks like the horse to beat. He's won three in a row. As George & Ira Gershwin might have rhetorically asked: "Who could ask for anything more?"

Race Five: #5 Tobago Cays (ah, the Caribbean) breaks (equipment problems) after leaving the gate as the prohibitive 1-to-9 fave (talk about burning up money), last week. Well, Me thinks he can make amends. "Catman-do"(not to be confused with some place in Nepal), can certainly lead this horse into the winner's circle.

Race Six: #3 Porthill Gatsby. Hey, this isn't East Egg or West Egg. All you F. Scott fans. Didn't he play defense for the Rangers and Red Wings? Well, anyhow, this ferd has as good a chance as any. Finished second in his last...narrowly missing. Jack Baggitt can handle the reins and the Canadian, Dave Pinkney (I remember when he raced at Foxboro Raceway, is a solid trainer).

Race Seven: #3 Trade Editor with "The Orange Crush," Andy Ray Miller, can get the job done. He wins at Freehold last week in 1:52.3. Give me break! Anything resembling that effort and it's Katy Bar The Door!

Race Eight: I like the #3 Gritty Millie Boy with George Brennan. GB's one of the best drivers in North America; he can certainly bring this horse home -- possibly with some value. This 2-year-old has hit the board in all five of his recent starts.

Race Nine: I like #1 The Boogeyman (isn't Halloween just around the corner). As I've said before: Don't be afraid to bet The Boogeyman. Ignore last. Go back to his September 4 race. The Mainer, Gary Mosher, is most capable,

Race Ten: I like the #4, Harmony Oaks Rengo (not to be confused with Steve Renko who played quarterback for the Nebraska Cornhuskers in the early 1960s (he later pitched in the Big Leagues). He has some solid times on the 5/8ths tracks; he can take it all.

Race Eleven: I like #4 Double Your Moves. I'm admittedly looking for a little "juice." Might go off at decent odds. The main threat is obviously Oragami Artist.

Race Twelve: My choice is the #7 The Bad Deputy with Steve Smith. I know he's comin' from outside, but I think he has a chance here.

Race Thirteen: Finally, I like the #2 Stoman with Steve Smith (Can he take both ends of the late double?). In any event, I think the winner will come from inside. Hey, I'm lookin for some value.

Good Luck! As always: Do Your Own Due Diligence.