PDA

View Full Version : Nicanor gets 8th at Belmont

jognlope
09-24-2010, 04:47 PM
The son of a gun won on grass, 8/1, I guess he is better!

Beachbabe
09-24-2010, 04:50 PM
Great ride by Dominguez.
Got the lead & set pedestrian fractions & kept enough in the tank to hold off a furious finish by Skipadate.

joanied
09-24-2010, 04:51 PM
Oh$hit....I didn't even know he was racing today...so glad he won:jump: ...is there a replay link you can post, jog?

I see Lentenor is running on Sat. at Delaware Park...8th race, the Kent Stakes...he's in pretty tough with Interactif & Workin for Hops...I have those two for 1st & place and Lentenor for the show spot...but I hope like hell he wins...it'd be cool both brothers winning within a day of each other:ThmbUp:

Beachbabe
09-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Oh$hit....I didn't even know he was racing today...so glad he won:jump: ...is there a replay link you can post, jog?

I see Lentenor is running on Sat. at Delaware Park...8th race, the Kent Stakes...he's in pretty tough with Interactif & Workin for Hops...I have those two for 1st & place and Lentenor for the show spot...but I hope like hell he wins...it'd be cool both brothers winning within a day of each other:ThmbUp:

https://www.twinspires.com/secure-bin/replay_video/replay_video.cgi?affid=2800&track=BEL&tType=Thoroughbred&race=8&date=09/24/2010

Try this Joanie
Press race 8

joanied
09-24-2010, 05:06 PM
https://www.twinspires.com/secure-bin/replay_video/replay_video.cgi?affid=2800&track=BEL&tType=Thoroughbred&race=8&date=09/24/2010

Try this Joanie
Press race 8

jognlope
09-24-2010, 05:08 PM
Thanks joanied, will definitely catch Lentenor.

PaceAdvantage
09-24-2010, 06:22 PM

Try this Joanie
Press race 8Unless you also provide your login and password, this isn't going to work for anyone else... :lol:

FenceBored
09-24-2010, 06:42 PM
Unless you also provide your login and password, this isn't going to work for anyone else... :lol:

Worked for me. Not going to work if you don't have a TwinSpires account, but if you do it should work.

bigmack
09-24-2010, 06:46 PM
Worked for me. Not going to work if you don't have a TwinSpires account, but if you do it should work.
Whoa. Slow it down. You mean if you have an account you can access the features of having an account?

That rocks.

PaceAdvantage
09-24-2010, 06:49 PM
Worked for me. Not going to work if you don't have a TwinSpires account, but if you do it should work.Ummmm...yeah.... :lol:

FenceBored
09-24-2010, 07:11 PM
Whoa. Slow it down. You mean if you have an account you can access the features of having an account?

That rocks.

Is that what I meant? Golly. :eek:

FenceBored
09-24-2010, 07:14 PM
Ummmm...yeah.... :lol:

Come on, there's a difference between "Unless you also provide your login and password, this isn't going to work for anyone else..." and 'unless you also provide your login and password, this isn't going to work for those without a TwinSpires account.'

And before I clicked the link, I wasn't sure that pasting the link to a replay like that would work.

Beachbabe
09-24-2010, 08:23 PM
Unless you also provide your login and password, this isn't going to work for anyone else... :lol:

That's funny ?
Funny how ?
Do I make you laugh ?
What the f**k is so funny about me?

;)

bigmack
09-24-2010, 08:38 PM
Alrighty. Being that so few are 'gettin' it' I took it upon meself to throw it up on YTube. That means anyone can see it, right?

I do it because I work from the heart. It's the love. :rolleyes:

3OnFyvrEijA

Grits
09-24-2010, 08:42 PM
No you're not doing it for love--you're doing it because you're hoping BeachBabe is a she--and looks exactly like the avatar.:lol:

Didn't your mama teach you that honesty's the best policy, Mack?

bigmack
09-24-2010, 08:55 PM
No you're not doing it for love--you're doing it because you're hoping BeachBabe is a she--and looks exactly like the avatar.:lol:
Didn't your mama teach you that honesty's the best policy, Mack?
That's it, you're officially on 'the list', and it ain't no Christmas list. (insert one g followed by 9 r's)

'BB' is the one who started this nonsense of posting a 'memba's only' replay. I blame her; (but I suspect it's a him).

This indecent is akin to A.Serling offering someone to wear his 'Members Only' jacket back in 1979.

Not gonna happen

http://www.thegreat80s.com/images/80s-Fashion/80s-Members-Only-Jacket.jpg

sammy the sage
09-24-2010, 08:59 PM
Grit's...I LOVE you ;) ....you tell it LIKE IT is! :p

Grits
09-24-2010, 09:14 PM
I'll straighten up now, Mack--if ya gonna go and get dirty on me. I wanna be on the good list. I like Christmas presents--any presents--A LOT!!!!!

I bet Babe's a guy, too. Matter of fact, that might be his babe to the left, Mack.

I'm honest as the day is long, Sammy, I don't know how to be any other way.;)

Ok, I can't highjack the thread further. Back to topic. Sorry, guys:ThmbUp:

fmolf
09-25-2010, 06:41 AM
I'll straighten up now, Mack--if ya gonna go and get dirty on me. I wanna be on the good list. I like Christmas presents--any presents--A LOT!!!!!

I bet Babe's a guy, too. Matter of fact, that might be his babe to the left, Mack.

I hope she is a she i think she is...we need more woman on here and good looking at that......damn Nicanor cost me the exacta had a 1/2,3 for a ten spot....oh well!.....Not bettting the Kent.....too wide open!

Beachbabe
09-25-2010, 11:57 PM

I bet Babe's a guy, too.Matter of fact, that might be his babe to the left, Mack.

El Wrongo.

Whatsamatta...a female can't be handicapper....especially a female who doesn't look like she was the loser in a hatchet fight.
Did you ever see Jessica Pacheco who handicaps the daily cards at Fairgrounds (and does it well). She's a fox.
Joanne Jones on HRTV does a pretty good race analysis and she's not hard to look at.
Sheesh, I'm really sorry I stumbled into this "men only" club.
But, you know what ? I aint going away. I knew when I put that pic up as an avatar, I may not be taken seriously. Then I saw peeps with cartoon characters as their avatar and I said "who cares". It just makes it more of a challenge.
But, hey, to you and "Mack" ....whatever spins your propeller. I personally think the two of you are one in the same guy. :lol: ;)

Grits
09-26-2010, 12:11 AM
Babe, I'm teasing with you. And you may want to get a sense of humor or your days here may be quite long. I thought you may be female, still I wasn't fully sure as its rare that someone puts up a photo of themselves as their avatar. Too, noting themselves as a "babe".

Apparently, you've not looked in the 2010 Saratoga Party folder. You're not the only female handicapper among the guys here. There are several women here at PA. I'm the only one there may be photos of though. And Mack and I sure aren't one in the same. Last I checked there was a big difference.
http://www.paceadvantage.com/gallery/albums.php

El Wrongo.

Whatsamatta...a female can't be handicapper....especially a female who doesn't look like she was the loser in a hatchet fight.
Did you ever see Jessica Pacheco who handicaps the daily cards at Fairgrounds (and does it well). She's a fox.
Joanne Jones on HRTV does a pretty good race analysis and she's not hard to look at.
Sheesh, I'm really sorry I stumbled into this "men only" club.
But, you know what ? I aint going away. I knew when I put that pic up as an avatar, I may not be taken seriously. Then I saw peeps with cartoon characters as their avatar and I said "who cares". It just makes it more of a challenge.
But, hey, to you and "Mack" ....whatever spins your propeller. I personally think the two of you are one in the same guy. :lol: ;)

Robert Fischer
09-26-2010, 12:31 AM
Dominguez is really excellent with wire-to-wire turf routes.

You put Nicanor on a 9F+ turf route, maybe with a chute that punishes lack of tactical speed, with Dominguez rationing/coaxing/timing, and that is quite an advantage, and one that Nicanor probably needs if he is going to surpass unbiased expectations.

Not the "classiest" thing in the world but horses like this (merely "solid", but have specific limited advantages) really do better when raced situationally, and scratched when the situation doesn't pan out. Provide his health were to stay strong and he showed some progress, Nicanor could have a decent time if he were managed very picky and aimed for some spots where "corny" things like chute-bias were exploited. - Then it looks bad when you scratch if the post draw is horrible... But hey- people love Nicanor and he gets wayy overrated, so acquiring a decent record and stealing some races would have the lack of class covered up easily in this case :p

Nicanor happens to have high cruising speed and stamina on the turf. Like most who combine cruising and stamina, he is counter intuitive in that it is hard for most to tell that added distance is something to strive for. Common for an oberver to miss the fact that distance is an advantage, particularly if the ride and scenario are not such a gift as was Friday's 8th. He simply isn't much more than an average high claimer or a "solid" horse when his skill set isn't exploited. His type happens to be a difficult one to ride(and therefore there are much fewer jockeys who can get the most out of him, as well as a high rate of mediocre jockeys making costly errors). His type is also difficult to train, in that trainers tend to want to "throw on blinkers and shorten up to 7f or a mile".

Beachbabe
09-26-2010, 12:34 AM
Babe, I'm teasing with you. And you may want to get a sense of humor or your days here may be quite long. I thought you may be female, still I wasn't fully sure as its rare that someone puts up a photo of themselves as their avatar. Too, noting themselves as a "babe".

Apparently, you've not looked in the 2010 Saratoga Party folder. You're not the only female handicapper among the guys here. There are several women here at PA. I'm the only one there may be photos of though. And Mack and I sure aren't one in the same. Last I checked there was a big difference.
http://www.paceadvantage.com/gallery/albums.php

Hey, I put a :lol: and a ;) after my post. Doesn't that prove I have a sensayuma. Like I was teasing you, too.
So I looked at the album you linked and I didn't see any names attached to the pics. Who be you ?

Anyway, my post was semi-serious.If you've seen some of my other replies, you may understand. Sorry if I got a little testy (no pun intended).
I don't mind a long day here, btw, but I get your drift.
Peace !!

Grits
09-26-2010, 12:46 AM
The only female with all her guy/handicapping buds is the blonde. She's me--Grits.

Enjoy PA!!! Peace. ;-)

WJ47
09-26-2010, 01:18 AM
I'm a female handicapper too! :)

JustRalph
09-26-2010, 01:20 AM
There are names on every one of those pic's in the posts..... click on the pic's for the larger versions.............

I am the tall young guy, the good looking one............ :lol: You can't miss me.....

Beachbabe
09-26-2010, 11:25 AM
There are names on every one of those pic's in the posts..... click on the pic's for the larger versions.............

I am the tall young guy, the good looking one............ :lol: You can't miss me.....

Thanx Ralphie for showing me how to get names & all the pics.
Let me say this: I loved 'em.
First of all Grits is a fox herself and I'm sorry I got all huffy ...me bad.
Secondly, I think I've seen Just Ralph's picture hanging in my post office.
I believe joeprunes is my long lost uncle.
Gotta love the names of the cast of characters (sounds like the FBI files on the New York mob).

Looks like a happy, fun-loving bunch & I'm happy to be a part of this forum family (or as joeprunes might put it....La Famiglia).
:)

joanied
09-26-2010, 12:09 PM

It didn't work for me, but wanted to thank beachbabe anyway...I went to their web site and got the replay there.
A nice jesture should always recieve a thank you:)

joanied
09-26-2010, 12:13 PM
That's funny ?
Funny how ?
Do I make you laugh ?
What the f**k is so funny about me?

;)

I don't understand why this was made into a laughing matter...you did a nice thing and just because you need an account there, doesn't mean you didn't have good intentions...so, thanks again...said with a smile:) not a smirk!!

Beachbabe
09-26-2010, 12:24 PM
I don't understand why this was made into a laughing matter...you did a nice thing and just because you need an account there, doesn't mean you didn't have good intentions...so, thanks again...said with a smile:) not a smirk!!

Thanx Joanie. :)
To tell you the truth I'm a little computer illiterate.
I thought the link worked.
Anyway, glad you were able to see the replay.

the little guy
09-26-2010, 12:37 PM
Ah the internet. Put a worm on the hook and somebody always bites.

bigmack
09-26-2010, 01:50 PM
For future reference I wanted to further extend my bigheartedness and offer the following link. You can watch thousands of replays from almost every track in the country. http://www.racereplays.com/racereplays/index.cfm?start=RR

It works for me. I just thought it would be a nice gesture to share it.

Again, it's the love.

FenceBored
09-26-2010, 02:06 PM
For future reference I wanted to further extend my bigheartedness and offer the following link. You can watch thousands of replays from almost every track in the country. http://www.racereplays.com/racereplays/index.cfm?start=RR

Again, it's the love.

I know I feel more loved now.

joanied
09-26-2010, 02:39 PM
Thanx Joanie. :)
To tell you the truth I'm a little computer illiterate.
I thought the link worked.
Anyway, glad you were able to see the replay.

Oh, the link worked, you just need to open an account at Twin Spires to see the replays...but there are lots of other sites to see replays...almost sorry I asked for a link in the first place:bang: ...I was too lazy to look myself:D ...but yey, if nothing else, we got to know you a little better;)

Have a good one!

joanied
09-26-2010, 02:41 PM

Again, it's the love.

I feel it...the love:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: (I just bookmarked 'racereplays')
Thanks, bigmack...ain't love wonderful :)

Grits
09-26-2010, 04:46 PM
I feel it...the love:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: (I just bookmarked 'racereplays')
Thanks, bigmack...ain't love wonderful :)

Joanie, Mack's got a heart bigger'n SoCal. One that's probably gonna tick a lot longer than their racing, too!!!!!:lol:

joanied
09-26-2010, 05:59 PM
No doubt, Grits...especially since Arnie signed that new take out bill...bad, Arnie, bad:ThmbDown: