PDA

View Full Version : From the, "Stuff you just couldn't make up if you tried" department.

TJDave
09-24-2010, 02:22 PM
It will be at least the weekend before the Maryland Green Party decides whether it will field a replacement candidate for U.S. Senate hopeful Natasha Pettigrew, who died Monday after being hit by an SUV as she rode her bicycle.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/09/21/maryland-green-party-senate-candidate-killed-party-weighs-replacement/

Tom
09-24-2010, 02:30 PM
That is so sad, I mean, uh, it is just so, uh,
oh hell...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Let's Roll
09-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Well, a 30 year old woman was killed in this accident, I'm sorry to hear that.

DJofSD
09-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Regarding the story at the link, it has got to be the work of a junior high school intern. What a poorly written piece.

PaceAdvantage
09-24-2010, 05:52 PM
oh hell...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:That's cold...even for you...

What I don't get is how the driver can mow someone down like that, drive home with the bike stuck under their car (that HAD to be one helluva LOUD ride home), and NOT be charged....

JustRalph
09-24-2010, 06:19 PM
the key phrase in the article is

"the investigation is ongoing" charges may be yet to come

Or they find the bike rider was "out of place" and no charges are filed.

bigmack
09-24-2010, 06:34 PM
Terrible way to go. I give her credit for running.
R.I.P.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/9_24_10_15_30_46.png

Greyfox
09-24-2010, 07:56 PM
oh hell...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tom you post a lot. Are you sure that the above wasn't meant for another thread, like the Professor and his Dr wife who are struggling at $ 250,000?
Otherwise, this is not funny at all. :ThmbDown:

cj's dad
09-24-2010, 08:03 PM
Not a good post - sorry man !

bigmack
09-24-2010, 08:15 PM
Look, before everyone starts piling on T, I have reason to believe he was commenting on the irony of a Green candidate being run over by an Escalade.

TJDave could certainly come forward and 'splain why he started this thread. Some of you know T far better than I (I've never met him or talked with him) but if you think he was laughing about someone dying you probably don't know him all that well. Do you honestly think he inserted laughs as a result of someone dying? Give the guy some credit. He deserves it.

And now, let me welcome TJDave to the stage. Dave....

cj's dad
09-24-2010, 08:21 PM
Look, before everyone starts piling on T, I have reason to believe he was commenting on the irony of a Green candidate being run over by an Escalade.

TJDave could certainly come forward and 'splain why he started this thread. Some of you know T far better than I (I've never met him or talked with him) but if you think he was laughing about someone dying you probably don't know him all that well. Do you honestly think he inserted laughs as a result of someone dying? Give the guy some credit. He deserves it.

You are right BigMack- on the face of it the post appeared to be harsh. Knowing Tom for a few years now ()in person) he is a good guy.

I have posted a few things that i have come to regret.

JustRalph
09-24-2010, 08:25 PM
It was obvious to me what Tom was laughing at. There is some incredible Irony in this a tragic situation. Beyond the obvious terrible death, the fact that she was hit by an Escalade and she was riding a bike does fit in the category of "you can't make this stuff up"

I didn't find Tom's post offensive and I see the humor....... but then again I also see the tragic side...which I am sure Tom does too........TJDave posted it in that vein......and that's where it went........ I see no problem with it

Rookies
09-24-2010, 09:55 PM

SO ****ing what ? :mad:

Is this what passes for humour here, now ? Baseless and classless!

senortout
09-25-2010, 01:55 AM

thank you very much Rookies, Where do people get the gall to defend such a statement?

Robert Goren
09-25-2010, 08:26 AM
I have actually voted for Green Party candidates (which I am sure surprises no one), but even I can see some warped humor in the story.

Steve 'StatMan'
09-25-2010, 09:21 AM
Sad that a young, appealing person who wanted to get involved got wiped out so early in life, regardless of politics.

I think the "Green Party' vs the "Green Movement" are only semi-related on environmental issues, I could be wrong - setting up a irony that may more of a play on words than on issues. Definitely not the irony as if a 'Save The Whales' person drowns when their small boat capsises when after a whale makes a large wave jumping out of the water, or gets hit by a massive tail while tending to a whale that had beached itself.

Tom
09-25-2010, 11:41 AM
I didn't find Tom's post offensive and I see the humor....... but then again I also see the tragic side...which I am sure Tom does too........TJDave posted it in that vein......and that's where it went........ I see no problem with it
Tough room. Obviously the joke was the situation, not the person.
I should have used the Bill Maher standard of comedy.

bigmack
09-25-2010, 01:28 PM
thank you very much Rookies, Where do people get the gall to defend such a statement?
What statement?

What's more bothersome than Nerds like you that draw conclusions to things you have no idea what you're talking about?

cj's dad
09-25-2010, 08:30 PM

Further proof that Canucks should not post meaningless drivel here !!

BTW - learn how to spell !!

PaceAdvantage
09-26-2010, 03:24 AM

Is this what passes for humour here, now ? Baseless and classless!Oh yes...didn't you know? We have a quota of "one thread every day" that pokes massive fun at recently deceased folks and the manner in which they expired from the Earth.

I'm surprised you didn't get the memo...or perhaps the last 268 threads that have been posted this year laughing at dead people are invisible to you?

No, it's not what passes as humor here now, to answer your question. I love when folks take an isolated example and extrapolate it across the board.

Tom
09-26-2010, 11:06 AM
The views and opinions posted my me here do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the staff or management of PaceAdvantage.com All characters mentioned as ficticious and any resemblence to any person living or dead is pourely coincidential.

Canadian
09-26-2010, 01:06 PM

Spell checking an internet message board.... and getting the spell check wrong.................... double stupid!!

Rookies
09-26-2010, 09:04 PM

Wrongo Dennis.

That's AMERICAN English... not English!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_and_British_English_spelling_differences#-our.2C_-or

Tom
09-26-2010, 09:29 PM
Yeah, we fixed it for you.
A?

Tom
09-27-2010, 02:37 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/28/technology/28segway.html?src=busln

No comments.

DJofSD
09-27-2010, 02:44 PM
That's the ultimate segway.

bigmack
09-27-2010, 03:04 PM
No comments.
Each day he would play on his two-wheeled sleigh as it obeyed his every sway.
But then came a day that his sleigh went a stray and he wound up like a blended sorbet.

Oy vey, Segway. Oy vey.

Robert Goren
09-27-2010, 03:13 PM
I have heard of CEOs driving their companies off of a cliff, but this is first time I heard of one driving his company's product off of one.;)

DJofSD
09-27-2010, 03:21 PM
The US Poet Laureate is in our midst.

Lean to the left.
Lean to the right.
Stand up, sit down,
It ain't water tight.