PDA

View Full Version : Belmont DD

SAL
09-06-2003, 12:56 PM
Really like a horse in the first at BEL, so I'm taking a shot at a couple of DD's

r1 - #7 Private Practice - Dutrow puts Prado on, a jock he's hitting at 30%+ with. Drops back down to the level he last won, has only the #9 to worry about early on. That horse just got claimed by a weak barn from a good one, so hopefully he won't be around for long. No price on this pick, so hoping for a price in the 2nd.

r2 - #5 Ballado Cheiftain - Had excuses in all 3 races, catches a paceless field here. Dueled to the 2nd turn in last, should get easier lead here. Also like #1 Epoxy, counting on this one to show improvement figwise with the layoff. Will also use the #2 Big Country on a smaller ticket.

cj
09-06-2003, 01:40 PM
Awesome call SAL, $70.50 7-5 DD. Keep it up!

SAL
09-06-2003, 04:06 PM
Thanks CJ, that DD combo was the most lucrative for me. I'm going to play a P4 ticket with a couple of singles, hoping for a longshot in the spread races.

r7 - #3 Fashion Island. Bought privately after the romp at Delaware, she cruised last time in her first start for Tagg. I don't think she HAS to have the lead to win, she's one of my singles.

r8 - #1 Deeliteful Irving-Like Dickinson in these big races, and this one closed and won when they were moving late. Also will use #5 Slew Valley and #6 Carpanetto.

r9 - #2 Mineshaft -Unless he doesn't run his race, nothing in here can touch him. Obvious single here

r10 - #2 Parhelion-Like this trainer alot, 1st try on grass not bad. #4 Ramillus-had trouble last two. #5 Coalition - overmatched last, better here. #8 Black Mambo-bred for turf, give him one more shot.

SAL
09-06-2003, 04:17 PM
Oh well, couldn't come thru with that first single. Probably gonna play a small P3 with the same horses in the last three and hope for a price.

Suff
09-07-2003, 09:54 AM
Sal Good Job. Nice hit. 5 horse huge in 2nd at a nice #

Oddly I like the same numbers Today. 7-5. I'll put 10 bucks where my mouth is on that and play the Pools using the others depending on Value.

5,6,7/5

7/5,6,7