PDA

View Full Version : Hoarders/Collectors

bigmack
09-23-2010, 05:31 PM
I know a woman who knows a woman. I went over to hep her with some computer issues. She had more junk in her house than I've ever seen. You can barely walk.

Me, I weed shit out. She appears to have kept everything she's ever had since the Nixon administration. I don't know her all that well but I had to ask - What are you doin' with all this crap? Her response, Ya never know when you might need something.

Wow. :eek:

boxcar
09-23-2010, 05:37 PM
I know a woman who knows a woman. I went over to hep her with some computer issues. She had more junk in her house than I've ever seen. You can barely walk.

Me, I weed shit out. She appears to have kept everything she's ever had since the Nixon administration. I don't know her all that well but I had to ask - What are you doin' with all this crap? Her response, Ya never know when you might need something.

Wow. :eek:

Look at the bright side: At least she didn't say, she was taking it all with her. :D

Boxcar (CEO of PackRat's Anonymous) :lol:

Overlay
09-23-2010, 05:41 PM
There have been at least a couple series on hoarding recently:

3akft5wENjw

aAnah0l0rqk

bigmack
09-23-2010, 06:01 PM
I also don't get garage sales. Who wants to buy crap that someone else doesn't want?

I see in the paper this lady was evicted in DC. When they hauled her stuff out it was piled 4 feet high for 2 blocks!

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/9_23_10_14_58_46.png
http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/local/dc-woman-evicted-from-home-was-a-hoarder-092310

OTM Al
09-23-2010, 06:42 PM
It's a mental illness when it is that extreme. It's not that they don't want to throw stuff out, they can't. There's a homeless guy that spends time down near where I work. He's got a whole train of carts full of bags of recyclibles but he doesn't ever turn them in. Instead he just moves the stuff around all the time. Pretty sad really.

sandpit
09-23-2010, 09:45 PM
She appears to have kept everything she's ever had since the Nixon administration.

This line struck me as really funny. :lol:

dav4463
09-24-2010, 02:11 AM
Why do I still have my 1976 Electric football game? Why do I still have a pair of tennis shorts from the early 80's that I wouldn't dare wear in public today?!! Yeah, I keep some crap I shouldn't! I am going to start heading to the dumpster more often. I don't think I need those 1999 Racing Forms either!

Overlay
09-24-2010, 08:06 AM
I don't think I need those 1999 Racing Forms either!
Heresy!!!!!!!