PDA

View Full Version : New Health Insurance Rules

Dave Schwartz
09-23-2010, 01:26 PM
https://www.pcip.gov/FAQ.html

In Nevada (at my age) it is $755 per month. Oh, and I don't qualify. Check out the FAQs.

lamboguy
09-23-2010, 01:49 PM
https://www.pcip.gov/FAQ.html

In Nevada (at my age) it is $755 per month. Oh, and I don't qualify. Check out the FAQs.i gave up on medical insurance, in mass. they dropped the pre-existing clause, so i just pay a penalty to the state and if i need insurance i get it the day i become sick or check into the hospital. its a joke this insurance. romney scared everyone here into having the insurance.

fast4522
09-24-2010, 12:22 PM
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/ap/monthly-premiums-to-rise-for-7-of-top-10-medicare-prescription-plans-in-2011-103642189.html

WASHINGTON – Millions of seniors face double-digit hikes in their Medicare prescription premiums next year unless they shop for cheaper coverage, a new analysis of government data finds.

Premiums will go up an average of 10 percent among the top 10 drugplans that have signed up about 70 percent of seniors, according to an analysis of Medicare data by Avalere Health, a private research firm.

~~the rest at the link~~

Dave Schwartz
09-24-2010, 01:17 PM
All this while Obama-nation is saying to expect 2-3% rate hikes which will ultimately roll back.

Black Ruby
09-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Just to be fair here, let's make it known that Humana's CEO (now also board chairman) got $11 mil in compensation last year, cut 1400 jobs this year, is quietly getting rid of IT people in Louisville and sending the jobs to India, and even at $11 mil he can't afford a plane ticket for his wife, she gets use of the corporate jet, that's where part of your premiums go.

Tom
09-24-2010, 02:28 PM
So you don't buy a policy from them.

JustRalph
09-24-2010, 04:07 PM
Just to be fair here, let's make it known that Humana's CEO (now also board chairman) got $11 mil in compensation last year, cut 1400 jobs this year, is quietly getting rid of IT people in Louisville and sending the jobs to India, and even at $11 mil he can't afford a plane ticket for his wife, she gets use of the corporate jet, that's where part of your premiums go.

CEO pay is a totally unrelated issue.......... nice try

46zilzal
09-24-2010, 04:22 PM
CEO pay is a totally unrelated issue.......... nice try
AND just where the hell do you think all the WASTED management dollars that should go into paying patients care goes?

Do yourself a favor and watch the good semi-documentary called Damaged Care...where the a-holes at Hummana spent over a million on a piece of crap object art yet denied a surgery which was an automated death sentence to one of their own insured.

JustRalph
09-24-2010, 04:25 PM
AND just where the hell do you think all the WASTED management dollars that should go into paying patients care goes?

Do yourself a favor and watch the good semi-documentary called Damaged Care...where the a-holes at Hummana spent over a million on a piece of crap object art yet denied a surgery which was an automated death sentence to one of their own insured.

Do the letters FO mean anything to you? I have no desire to interact with your troll ass.........go away

46zilzal
09-24-2010, 04:28 PM
Do the letters FO mean anything to you? I have no desire to interact with your troll ass.........go away

Your answer to all challenges...

lamboguy
09-24-2010, 04:34 PM
the best solution is not to have healthcare and pay the penaly for not having it to the government. with the money you save you can hire a personal trainer and actually feel better. if you get sick, then you get your insurance. we were taught that an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure, eat right and work out and you may not need the quack doctor's

bigmack
09-24-2010, 04:47 PM
That's the 7th time you've brought up that film. Between that, Michael Moore's Sicko and your sister filling out paperwork that sums-up your whole sphere of insurance knowledge that you continually draw from.

Re-program the tape in your head. It's stuck on a very limited amount of info. But it does support what you want to believe so I get it. Do you?

(Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink.)

46zilzal
09-24-2010, 04:53 PM
Dr. Linda Peeno“ I wish to begin by making a public confession: In the spring of 1987, as a physician, I caused the death of a man.

Although this was known to many people, I have not been taken before any court of law or called to account for this in any professional or public forum. In fact, just the opposite occurred: I was "rewarded" for this. It bought me an improved reputation in my job, and contributed to my advancement afterwards. Not only did I demonstrate I could indeed do what was expected of me, I exemplified the "good" company doctor: I saved a half million dollars. ”

“ I contend that "managed care," as we currently know it, is inherently unethical in its organization and operation. Furthermore, I maintain that we have an industry which can exist only through flagrant ethical violations against individuals and the public.``
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Peeno

It continues to be the true YOKELS who are never faced with the challenges INSIDE of medicine who yell and scream the most...THAT IS, until THEY ge.

http://www.cchconline.org/issues/peeno596test.php3t sick

bigmack
09-24-2010, 05:14 PM
It continues to be the true YOKELS who are never faced with the challenges INSIDE of medicine who yell and scream the most
You spelled her name Dr. Peno the other times. Good to know you're making progress.

Your sphere of information & opinion have remained in the same box for years. Sad, really.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/manrun.gif

46zilzal
09-24-2010, 05:16 PM
It always easy to make a point with someone without a shred of evidence.

46zilzal
09-24-2010, 05:22 PM
more horror stories
http://www.mentalhelp.net/poc/view_doc.php?type=doc&id=320
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/11/opinion/11krugman.html

ONE OF THE WORST http://www.kaiserthrive.org/kaiser-permanente-horror-stories/

These Assholes let a little boy in sickling crisis DIE in the car right outside the emergency room door in Redwood City when I lived there. two ER physicians tried to go out to do something for the child but were told they would be fired. They quit in disgust

PaceAdvantage
09-24-2010, 06:26 PM
I've got a horror story. Kid gets stuck playing in a trash compactor.

46zilzal: Get rid of all trash compactors now!

That's about your speed...

46zilzal
09-24-2010, 06:45 PM
I have many friends who took early retirement lamenting that they could no longer practice having a cost accountant telling them how to practice medicine.....The state of the science is in pitiful shape as my sister continues to tell me from her experiences as a coder in S. California....Crooks doing the billing and crooks ripping off the insured.

I don't know how often I have heard her tell me of patients admitting to her that many had to choose between food or medicines each month and happened to find their way over to friends relatives and church for dinner.

These are not welfare bums either but hard working people who are simply old and cannot afford the care the CEO's vacation home in the Bahamas is costing them.

slewis
09-24-2010, 07:37 PM
I've been an outspoken supporter of Health Care change and was happy that the Democrats tried some sort of REAL reform.

It's quite evident that this administration is going to get NO support from the existing health care companies or Pharmacuticals.

They are going to do EVERYTHING in their power to undermine the success of ANY Govt implemented health care system, because let's face it everyone....

INSURANCE COMPANIES ARE IN BUSINESS TO MAKE MONEY. When you regulate against things that will cut into profits and FORCE them to take more risk, they will DO EVERYTHING (including the running of millions of dollars of phony Ads on TV) to avoid it, and lobby hard to reverse it.

But in reading many posts here on PA regarding Health Care, I get the feeling that, for many of the right wingers, it sounds as if you're saying:

If you cant afford it, (even though the costs are skyrocketing to the point where even a six figure earner with a family cant afford it) TOUGH SHIT....Get SICK and DIE. Pre existing condition? Too F..'in bad... Sorry. Lost your job?
Oh, well, should have studied harder in school to get another quickly.

Some right wingers would rather pay insurgents in IRAQ to "keep the peace" with taxpayer money, then have tax payer dollars spent to save the lives of sick Americans.

How Un-American can one be?

I listen to the Conservative suggestions for health care reform and I really laugh.
Buy insurance across state lines? Oh, yeah, that will REALLY drive the price down. (In case anyone's missed it, the insurance companies are ALL in cahoots on pricing and policies).
How's about the tort reform? Sure... you'll get that through, pass the legal lobbyist.

Everyone needs to understand that THE ONLY way we will ever get Health Care for everyone is to have some Single payer Govt sponsored plan which FORCES the prices of Private companies down.

Next, increase the number of students in Medical School by 20-25%

Explain to everyone, especially the those worried about a complete GOV takeover of Health Care, that there will always be Private physicians available for those that can afford it. Which, unless the Govt outlaws private practicing (which wont happen in anyone's lifetime, is a FACT.

There are no other compromises that can be implemented that will not lead to a Health Care breakdown.

Tom
09-25-2010, 10:31 AM
I've got a horror story. Kid gets stuck playing in a trash compactor.

46zilzal: Get rid of all trash compactors now!

That's about your speed...

46:
Garbage men....they...wear....UNIFORMS! :mad::mad::mad::mad: ARRRRRRRGGGGGG!

Tom
09-25-2010, 10:33 AM
Cut my taxes in half and let me worry about my health care.

lamboguy
09-25-2010, 10:49 AM
I've been an outspoken supporter of Health Care change and was happy that the Democrats tried some sort of REAL reform.

It's quite evident that this administration is going to get NO support from the existing health care companies or Pharmacuticals.

They are going to do EVERYTHING in their power to undermine the success of ANY Govt implemented health care system, because let's face it everyone....

INSURANCE COMPANIES ARE IN BUSINESS TO MAKE MONEY. When you regulate against things that will cut into profits and FORCE them to take more risk, they will DO EVERYTHING (including the running of millions of dollars of phony Ads on TV) to avoid it, and lobby hard to reverse it.

But in reading many posts here on PA regarding Health Care, I get the feeling that, for many of the right wingers, it sounds as if you're saying:

If you cant afford it, (even though the costs are skyrocketing to the point where even a six figure earner with a family cant afford it) TOUGH SHIT....Get SICK and DIE. Pre existing condition? Too F..'in bad... Sorry. Lost your job?
Oh, well, should have studied harder in school to get another quickly.

Some right wingers would rather pay insurgents in IRAQ to "keep the peace" with taxpayer money, then have tax payer dollars spent to save the lives of sick Americans.

How Un-American can one be?

I listen to the Conservative suggestions for health care reform and I really laugh.
Buy insurance across state lines? Oh, yeah, that will REALLY drive the price down. (In case anyone's missed it, the insurance companies are ALL in cahoots on pricing and policies).
How's about the tort reform? Sure... you'll get that through, pass the legal lobbyist.

Everyone needs to understand that THE ONLY way we will ever get Health Care for everyone is to have some Single payer Govt sponsored plan which FORCES the prices of Private companies down.

Next, increase the number of students in Medical School by 20-25%

Explain to everyone, especially the those worried about a complete GOV takeover of Health Care, that there will always be Private physicians available for those that can afford it. Which, unless the Govt outlaws private practicing (which wont happen in anyone's lifetime, is a FACT.

There are no other compromises that can be implemented that will not lead to a Health Care breakdown.when a hospital that is a business charges $2900 for 3 hours worth of their services and don't do anything for the $2900, there is a problem.i understand that they are a business and have the right to make money, but this is extortion. personally i think a more wise aproach to spending money is to teach people how to eat properly and how to exercise. when you go to visit these quacks, you walk out worse than when you walk in. i have seen 3 different doctors this past month, the first doctors i have visited in 30 years. each one of them had the very same sollution for my problems, take pills. and then take more pills. that is not medicine in my mind. how about the government fighting all these food company's that put corn syrup in all there food. do you thing that is so great for ones body? how about them stepping up to the plate and educating people how bad all these grains are for your body that you eat? instead they promote "heathcare insurance". top of the agenda.

the national health plan that the sitting congress and president put together for the citizens of this country is just as bad as the romney healthcare plan in massachusetts. neither one from democrat or republican side of things has anything to do with the welfare of the citizens, just the welfare of the insurance company's, hospitals, and quack doctors.

since they instituted health care in mass, i was told at the hospital that it has become 5 times more busier than before the healthcare insurance. the lady told me that most of the patients that come in have a plan called mass health, that is subsidized by the government. the hospital that i went into has increased it staff since the inception of healthcare.

i am not a liberal or conservetive, republican or democrat, i despise them all equally. i have no problem helping someone that is hardpressed either. my problem is giving licenses away to wealthy to steal more. and that is exactly what you have with healthcare today.