PDA

View Full Version : Why no reply Paul Clements !!!

rebrick99
09-23-2010, 12:02 PM
I bought the program Fast Fred Pro and there was a bug in the program that
i bought to the program writer" paul clements". When you make scratches and print the 1 pager report the scratched horses still stay there and it does't pick
the next horse under the headings. i brought this to pauls attention and he said he would fix it. I sent 3 e-mails to him and not 1 reply back. At least he could answer me and let me know if he fixed the problem or how much longer
it would take to correct the problem.

Mike at A+
09-23-2010, 12:25 PM
I don't know anything about the program you are using but from my experience (I'm the author od A+ Thorobred), I've had that same question raised about my program.

Most handicapping programs use a two step process in generating a "graded analysis" report. First, your input file (BRIS, Trackmaster etc.) needs to be "converted" into a format that your program will use to generate any reports. This is mainly because handicapping programs through their algorithms generate "value added" items to the raw data. A+ utilizes such a process. Then, when you choose to generate a report, the handicapping program uses this "value added" file to pull out the items that will appear on your report. Depending on where in your program you perform the scratches, you may have to reconvert the raw data file if an option is not included to extract the horse from the "value added" file and regenerate the added values based upon the impact of scratching one or more horses. A+ has a screen that shows a snapshot of the "value added" file containing some of the raw data items from the vendor input file as well as the A+ added fields in the intermediate (converted) data file. When a user scratches a horse from this screen, the intermediate file is modified by recomputing all the A+ added values (power ratings and odds line in particular) for all remaining horses. This however DOES NOT affect any reports you may have already generated and you must choose the "Create Report" option to produce the desired report where scratched horses do not appear. Hopefully this option is available in the program you are using and you just aren't seeing it. If it isn't, you have a legitimate concern.