PDA

View Full Version : Monmouth-Horse number colors

gillb
09-22-2010, 09:50 AM
Horse Number Nine at Monmouth is not black as it should be.
They have it white like the five.
I Emailed several times.
Just trying to help

gillb

onefast99
09-22-2010, 10:18 AM
:9: Is and always is this color except in a stakes race where all the horses may have the same saddle cloth colors with their names on them. Was it a stakes race you saw this in?

FenceBored
09-22-2010, 10:36 AM
:9: Is and always is this color except in a stakes race where all the horses may have the same saddle cloth colors with their names on them. Was it a stakes race you saw this in?

Actually, he's right. Check out the replay for Sept. 11th, race 5 (where the winner is the 9). The saddle cloth for the 9 is teal with white numeral, not teal with black numeral.

gillb
09-22-2010, 10:57 AM
I've watched many races there.
I emailed ... I called long distance
They don't want to change or just don't get it.
Any advice on how to get them to change ?

gillb

onefast99
09-22-2010, 10:58 AM
Actually, he's right. Check out the replay for Sept. 11th, race 5 (where the winner is the 9). The saddle cloth for the 9 is teal with white numeral, not teal with black numeral.
I just spoke to the paddock judge she told me it should be black and not white. Again on September 19th if you look at the races where the 9 raced both the black and white numerals were used.

thespaah
09-22-2010, 12:25 PM
Why those in charge decided the colors and how they did it is a mystery.
Some of these make no sense at all.
7 is orange and 8 is pink....two colors that are similar.
and why have three shades of green, 5, 9 and 12? Then we have 13 which is brown and 14 maroon with gold numberals. At a distance these look the same.
Those who made up the colors could have easily followed the standard for harness.
In the first 10 numbers there are no similar colors.
1, red, 2 dark blue, 3 white, 4 green, 5 black, 6 yellow, 7 pink, 8 grey, 9, purple.
10 is red over blue diagonal. Pretty easy to distinguish even at a distance.
11 is light blue.
On the T-bred side, 5 and 9 having white numberals can be mistaken for one another. Espeicially at some tracks where the turquiose 9 is light in shade.
Guess I will go back to the old way of using silk colors/schemes to ID which horse is which.

sandpit
09-22-2010, 09:40 PM
Why those in charge decided the colors and how they did it is a mystery.
Some of these make no sense at all.
7 is orange and 8 is pink....two colors that are similar.
and why have three shades of green, 5, 9 and 12? Then we have 13 which is brown and 14 maroon with gold numberals. At a distance these look the same.
Those who made up the colors could have easily followed the standard for harness.
In the first 10 numbers there are no similar colors.
1, red, 2 dark blue, 3 white, 4 green, 5 black, 6 yellow, 7 pink, 8 grey, 9, purple.
10 is red over blue diagonal. Pretty easy to distinguish even at a distance.
11 is light blue.
On the T-bred side, 5 and 9 having white numberals can be mistaken for one another. Espeicially at some tracks where the turquiose 9 is light in shade.
Guess I will go back to the old way of using silk colors/schemes to ID which horse is which.

When I worked at Ellis Park we had some of the most worn-out saddle towels in the sport...washing them in that dingy water made the :2: look like the :11: , the :3: like the :10: , the :1: like the :8: and :7: , which were indistinguishable. Luke K used to joke about it all the time.

Btw, for those who know Ellis, there is a water tower painted brown near the stable gate. We were talking about it one day, and this guy says, "You know that tower isn't brown, it's clear, that's the water in it that is brown." One of the best lines I ever heard there.