PDA

View Full Version : Fabulous Frank to Oak Tree: "Vee Vant Your Dates"

andymays
09-22-2010, 08:38 AM
http://www.paulickreport.com/blog/santa-anita-wants-oak-trees-dates/

Excerpt:

Santa Anita Park will tell the California Horse Racing Board during a meeting of the Race Dates Committee Wednesday morning that it wants to offer more live racing, beginning in 2011, and is seeking the fall dates that have been assigned to the non-profit Oak Tree Racing Association for the past 41 years.

andymays
09-22-2010, 08:50 AM
Yesterday this article came out and it was interesting. I wonder if the battle is on for the hearts and minds of the TOC (Thoroughbred Owners of California)?
-------------------------------

Del Mar plans retroactive purse increase - Thoroughbred Times

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2010/September/21/Del-Mar-plans-retroactive-purse-increase.aspx

andymays
09-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Santa Anita asks for fall dates next year | Daily Racing Form

http://www.drf.com/news/santa-anita-asks-fall-dates-next-year

Deepsix
09-22-2010, 02:12 PM
<smile> Geez, sure enjoyed reading the comments concerning SA/Oaktree @Paulick's site. I see many of the usual suspects adding 'color' to the discussions.

(I also enjoyed reading comments concerning Jerry Jam and his Coolmore issues).

ManeMediaMogul
09-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Megalomaniac Frank is at it again. Is there no level to which he won't sink? He is a power-hungry lunatic seeking to cleanse the Thoroughbred industry of anyone who is contrary to his whims.

Time to bring in the Inglorious Basterds.

owlet
09-22-2010, 07:02 PM
Too funny. Compare Strub to this ass clown, O'Malley to McCourt and Riordan to Villaraigosa and you have some idea of what has happeend to this country in the last 20 years.

Hint: we're in a major decline, folks.

jamey1977
09-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Too funny. Compare Strub to this ass clown, O'Malley to McCourt and Riordan to Villaraigosa and you have some idea of what has happeend to this country in the last 20 years.

Hint: we're in a major decline, folks.
The Pacific Racing Association ? . Call It The Ocean Pacific Meet And Sell O.P. T - Shirts. What A Bunch Of Bullcrap ! LOL - The Frank Stronach Ocean Pacific Crappola. Lol

andymays
09-22-2010, 07:53 PM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/59014/santa-anita-requests-oak-tree-dates-takeover

Excerpt:

Daruty urged the board to “focus on what is best for racing in California.” He added what he called a bold statement by saying, “Santa Anita is a better racing facility than Hollywood Park. It’s a better experience for the on-track customer. It’s more favorable to the bettors off track and out of state.”

Under Hollywood’s dates proposal, which includes the Oak Tree meet at Hollywood, racing in 2011 would be conducted at Hollywood for 25 weeks, while Santa Anita would run 16 weeks, beginning with its traditional Dec. 26 opening.

“What’s our motto: ‘California, it’s not our best track, but we think you’ll like it,’” asked Daruty. “That’s not putting our best foot forward. This is about what is best for racing.”

sandpit
09-22-2010, 09:25 PM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/59014/santa-anita-requests-oak-tree-dates-takeover

Excerpt:

Daruty urged the board to “focus on what is best for racing in California.” He added what he called a bold statement by saying, “Santa Anita is a better racing facility than Hollywood Park. It’s a better experience for the on-track customer. It’s more favorable to the bettors off track and out of state.”

Under Hollywood’s dates proposal, which includes the Oak Tree meet at Hollywood, racing in 2011 would be conducted at Hollywood for 25 weeks, while Santa Anita would run 16 weeks, beginning with its traditional Dec. 26 opening.

“What’s our motto: ‘California, it’s not our best track, but we think you’ll like it,’” asked Daruty. “That’s not putting our best foot forward. This is about what is best for racing.”

Isn't Daruty that scumbag that worked for Churchill Downs Inc? What is he doing at SA? He is about like the Congress, as soon as he says something is good for you, immediately do the opposite.

andymays
09-22-2010, 09:45 PM
Isn't Daruty that scumbag that worked for Churchill Downs Inc? What is he doing at SA? He is about like the Congress, as soon as he says something is good for you, immediately do the opposite.

I think it was Tracknet but I'm not sure. The other side has plenty of villains as well. I'm pulling for Santa Anita on this deal.

foregoforever
09-22-2010, 09:52 PM
California is the only state where watching the political and corporate in-fighting is more entertaining than watching the races.

If it weren't for Frank, I'd tend to agree with them. Having as great a facility as Santa Anita not racing for two-thirds of the year doesn't make much sense. Every three-track circuit in the US has one track too many.

And leasing out your track to someone else to run a meet, when you've obviously got the staff to do it yourself, doesn't make much sense either. But then there's the Frank Factor.

andymays
09-22-2010, 09:56 PM
California is the only state where watching the political and corporate in-fighting is more entertaining than watching the races.

If it weren't for Frank, I'd tend to agree with them. Having as great a facility as Santa Anita not racing for two-thirds of the year doesn't make much sense. Every three-track circuit in the US has one track too many.

And leasing out your track to someone else to run a meet, when you've obviously got the staff to do it yourself, doesn't make much sense either. But then there's the Frank Factor.

The CHRB meeting webcast is on at 9:30 am Thursday morning. It should be entertaining like always. Sometimes I think I'm listening to an old Adams Family episode. ;)

http://chrb.ca.gov/

Go to webcasts at 9:30 am pst (9-23-2010)

sandpit
09-22-2010, 09:59 PM
I think it was Tracknet but I'm not sure. The other side has plenty of villains as well. I'm pulling for Santa Anita on this deal.

Yeah, Tracknet sounds right...I remember him getting villified by plenty of players when he was there.

andymays
09-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Yeah, Tracknet sounds right...I remember him getting villified by plenty of players when he was there.

All these guys are paid to get as much as they can for their clients. It's usually at the expense of the long term health of the industry.

He got an email from me this morning about the raise in takeout in California. There's a power struggle going on and I hope one of these guys decides that he wants Horseplayers on his side and doesn't raise the take. Wishfull thinking on my part.

Deepsix
09-22-2010, 10:14 PM
AndyM, as many folks as you say you have on your outgoing e-mail list I'm wondering IF these recipients respond/take you seriously? What is your ROI (Response, or Ignored)?