PDA

View Full Version : IQ and Occupations - Interesting

cj's dad
09-22-2010, 07:40 AM
IQ and Occupations

Top Civil Servants; Professors and Research Scientists.

Physicians and Surgeons; Lawyers; Engineers (Civil and Mechanical)

School Teachers; Pharmacists; Accountants; Nurses; Stenographers; Managers.

Foremen; Clerks; Telephone Operators; Salesmen; Policemen; Electricians.

100+
Machine Operators; Shopkeepers; Butchers; Welders; Sheet Metal Workers.

100-
Warehousemen; Carpenters; Cooks and Bakers; Small Farmers; Truck and Van Drivers.

Laborers; Gardeners; Upholsterers; Farmhands; Miners; Factory Packers and Sorters.

Waiter/Waitress; Prize Fighter; Lawn Care

Lower Level Civil Servants; e.g. Postal Workers

Over 140 - Genius or near genius
120 - 140 - Very superior intelligence
110 - 119 - Superior intelligence
90 - 109 - Normal or average intelligence
80 - 89 - Dullness
70 - 79 - Borderline deficiency
Under 70 - Definite feeble-mindedness

Robert Goren
09-22-2010, 08:04 AM
source?

cj's dad
09-22-2010, 08:17 AM
source?

http://www.audiblox2000.com/learning_disabilities/occupation.htm

Overlay
09-22-2010, 08:20 AM
What about a ranking of hobbies (e.g., handicapping)? (We'd have to come out on the high side, I would think.) :)

Robert Goren
09-22-2010, 08:48 AM
cj's dad Do you know much about their programs? I thought the Compublox look interesting.

46zilzal
09-22-2010, 09:45 AM
Occupations are as much a socio-economic factor as anything else. The fat cats open doors for their young and they get all the inside information breaks.

Some of the truly smartest people I ever encountered were professors, however and it was never book smarts that was impressive.

jballscalls
09-22-2010, 10:03 AM
where do horse racing employees fit in on that list LOL

Robert Goren
09-22-2010, 10:13 AM
The smart person I ever met was Roy Landis, who raised 8 kids betting horses on the Nebraska curcuit in the 50s, 60s and 70s. The second smartest is Russell Brehm who owned Douglas Theatres. Generally successful self-made businessmen are among the smartest, but I have seen really smart people in almost lines of work. Whatever they do, they know it inside out.

PhantomOnTour
09-22-2010, 10:22 AM
Occupations are as much a socio-economic factor as anything else. The fat cats open doors for their young and they get all the inside information breaks.

Some of the truly smartest people I ever encountered were professors, however and it was never book smarts that was impressive.
It's also a 'who are you related to' factor as many folks in my part of the country are hired simply because the boss is their dad or uncle or cousin or brother in law or you name it.....relations = qualifications.

Robert Goren
09-22-2010, 10:28 AM
It's also a 'who are you related to' factor as many folks in my part of the country are hired simply because the boss is their dad or uncle or cousin or brother in law or you name it.....relations = qualifications.Some that comes laziness on the part of the hirer just because they don't want to do a bunch of interviews, but a lot of it comes from hiring some one you can trust to do the job.

Grits
09-22-2010, 11:05 AM
It should be noted as well . . . . . . . this company is in the business of selling their products to consumers in order to elevate their cognitive skills, therefore, vastly improving their IQ. Why does "Hooked On Phonics" and "Baby Einstein" ring a bell?

http://www.audiblox2000.com/shop-usa.htm

Cjd, you're in the superior 110 range. You're blessed. I can still eek out a little gardening and lawn care--guess that puts me in the 80-90 range of dullness unfortunately. I'm ok with my score; still, guess I better start looking for another sport to follow.:lol:

Wonder where the self made, the self employed business person is on the scale? That one being missing. Maybe they're considered among managers.

Dave Schwartz
09-22-2010, 11:11 AM
Did I miss computer programmers? (Are we above or below?)

And I did notice where Mosty fits. :lol:

mostpost
09-22-2010, 11:11 AM
IQ and Occupations

Top Civil Servants e.g. postal workers; Professors and Research Scientists.

100+

100-
Warehousemen; Carpenters; Cooks and Bakers; Small Farmers; Truck and Van Drivers.

Laborers; Gardeners; Upholsterers; Farmhands; Miners; Factory Packers and Sorters.

80 - 89 - Dullness

I'm sure when you inserted "postal worker" you meant to insert it at the top.
Don't worry I made the correction for you.
Not to brag, BUT the International High I.Q. Society has an online test. If you score over 127 you can join the group. If I wanted to I could be in that group. Not to brag. :rolleyes:

46zilzal
09-22-2010, 11:14 AM
IQ is not an accurate testing of true mental ability as it is extremely culturally biased. It is akin to saying all Japanese tested were superior intellectually when the questions were all about Shinto and Tea customs. Anyone from Algeria or Nicaragua would be deemed inferior based upon a test like that.

46zilzal
09-22-2010, 11:16 AM
I'm sure when you inserted "postal worker" you meant to insert it at the top.
Don't worry I made the correction for you.
Not to brag, BUT the International High I.Q. Society has an online test. If you score over 127 you can join the group. If I wanted to I could be in that group. Not to brag.

As an adult the entire meaning of the test in negated as the expressing a score as a quotient of "mental age" and "chronological age"

Pell Mell
09-22-2010, 11:25 AM
I happen to have known more than a few guys that became quite wealthy in their lives, a couple were very close friends. All of them were not very bright when we think of intelligent people.

They did however all have one distinct trait; they were total, absolute and incurable CHEAPSKATES!

Steve 'StatMan'
09-22-2010, 11:28 AM
One thing I've learned in life is that intelligence is absolutely no guarantee of happiness.

JustRalph
09-22-2010, 11:44 AM
What a great thread................

My postal person drives a truck............gotta be higher than 70......

mostpost
09-22-2010, 12:58 PM
I tested my I.Q. this morning. It was 145 over 90. :confused:

boxcar
09-22-2010, 01:23 PM
I tested my I.Q. this morning. It was 145 over 90. :confused:

Not surprising you'd confuse BP for IQ. Easily understood how the former would give you a superior readout.

Boxcar
P.S. Congrats, though, on your nice BP score. Now all you gotta do is get the blood pumping up to your attic.

boxcar
09-22-2010, 01:31 PM
What about a ranking of hobbies (e.g., handicapping)? (We'd have to come out on the high side, I would think.) :)

Some of us would. I happen to be off CJ's Dad's chart. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

TrifectaMike
09-22-2010, 01:45 PM
IQ is not an accurate testing of true mental ability as it is extremely culturally biased. It is akin to saying all Japanese tested were superior intellectually when the questions were all about Shinto and Tea customs. Anyone from Algeria or Nicaragua would be deemed inferior based upon a test like that.

That is true. Here is a question from the The Chitling Intelligence Test

Hattie Mae Johnson is on the County. She has four children and her husband is now in jail for non-support, as he was unemployed and was not able to give her any money. Her welfare check is now $286 per month. Last night she went out with the highest player in town. If she got pregnant, then nine months from now how much more will her welfare check be?

(a) $80, (b) $2, (c) $35, (d) $150, (e) $100.

Do you know rhe answer?

Mike

Robert Goren
09-22-2010, 01:47 PM
145... winning horseplayers
125... losing horseplayers but who post here
90..... people have bought something from RPM
65..... people have bought something from RPM twice
add 20 points if you block off topic forums
add 10 points if you are a liberal
subtract 10 points if you a conservative not named TOM
add 15 points if you are a conservative named TOM
subtract 25 points if you own a race horse.
subtract 15 points if you bet Penn National.
more to come.

ArlJim78
09-22-2010, 02:00 PM
If you reply to an IQ thread in OT trying to make yourself seem intelligent - subtract 35 points.

DOH!

redshift1
09-22-2010, 02:01 PM
Here's the scale for the WAIS. I think the earlier posted scale might be the Stanford-Binet.

WAIS Mean IQ

Educational Equivalent

125 Mean of persons receiving Ph.D. and M.D. degrees
115 Mean of college graduates
105 Mean of high school graduates
100 Average for total population
75 About 50-50 chance of reaching ninth grade

Robert Goren
09-22-2010, 02:09 PM
If you reply to an IQ thread in OT trying to make yourself seem intelligent - subtract 35 points.

DOH!35 points probably is not enough.:lol:

boxcar
09-22-2010, 02:15 PM

DOH!

Good advice. I did and I'm still off the charts. :lol: :lol:

I'm like a classy race horse: I have plenty of early speed and late sustaining speed, as well, to get the job done. :lol:

Boxcar
P.S. Okay...I confess, I've had too much coffee 'cause I started the day too early. :D

sandpit
09-22-2010, 10:15 PM
IQ and Occupations

100+

100-

When was this list made, 1960? Stenographers, Telephone Operators, Upholsters...do these people event exist in the US anymore?

jamey1977
09-23-2010, 01:49 AM
IQ and Occupations

100+

100-

80 - 89 - Dullness

What would a successful Professional Horseplayers I.Q. be ? The one's who make 100 thousand net a year. Let's see those dumb ass doctors and big shots do that. Put a Doctor on the track with a 10 thousand dollar bankroll. Let him bet 100 dollar win bets. 3 win bets a day. His money will be gone within 2 months. That says a lot for the guys who clear 100 thousand net a year playing horses.

bigmack
09-23-2010, 02:02 AM
What would a successful Professional Horseplayers I.Q. be ? The one's who make 100 thousand net a year.
Name 3.

fast4522
09-23-2010, 06:44 AM
OK, real IQ test fact or fiction

The day the democrats took over was not January 22nd, 2009, it was actually January 3rd, 2007 the day the Democrats took over the House of Representatives and the Senate, the start of the 110th Congress. The Democrat Party controlled a majority in both chambers for the first time since the end of the 103rd Congress in 1995. For those who are listening to the liberals propagating the fallacy that everything is "Bush's Fault", think about this:

January 3rd, 2007 was the day the Democrats took over the Senate and the Congress:

At the time:

The DOW Jones closed at 12,621.77

The GDP for the previous quarter was 3.5%

The Unemployment rate was 4.6%

George Bush's Economic policies SET A RECORD of 52 STRAIGHT MONTHS of JOB CREATION!

Remember the day...

January 3rd, 2007 was the day that Barney Frank took over the House Financial Services Committee and Chris Dodd took over

the Senate Banking Committee.

The economic meltdown that happened 15 months later was in what part of the economy?
Banking and Financial Services!

Thank Congress for taking us from 13,000 DOW, 3.5 GDP and 4.6% Unemployment to this CRISIS by dumping 5-6 TRILLION Dollars of toxic loans on the economy from THEIR Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac fiasco's!

(By the Way: Bush asked Congress 17 TIMES to stop Fannie & Freddie - starting in 2001, because it was financially risky for the U.S. economy, but no one was listening).

And who took the THIRD highest pay-off from Fannie Mae AND Freddie Mac? Obama

And who fought against reform of Fannie and Freddie? Obama and the Democratic Congress.

So when someone tries to blame Bush...

REMEMBER JANUARY 3rd, 2007.... THE DAY THE DEMOCRATS TOOK OVER!" Bush may have been in the car, but the Democrats were in charge of the gas pedal and steering wheel - they were driving. Set the record straight on Bush!

Tom
09-23-2010, 07:31 AM
Great time line.:ThmbUp:

rastajenk
09-23-2010, 08:56 AM
where do horse racing employees fit in on that list LOLI dunna wanna know. :blush:

Steve 'StatMan'
09-23-2010, 11:18 AM
where do horse racing employees fit in on that list LOL

Too many variables - such as, does it involve a broom, and do they sweep up the grandstand, or the horse poop.