PDA

View Full Version : No more Child Only Health Plans......

JustRalph
09-21-2010, 01:46 PM
Who couldn't see this coming..................

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/20/AR2010092006665.html

Washington Post
Major health insurers to stop offering new child-only policies

ElKabong
09-22-2010, 01:02 AM
I guess they had to read the bill, to see what's in it....

What a cluster**** of a bill the HRC is going to be. A lot of promises by this admin, one by one they're vanishing

redshift1
09-22-2010, 01:56 AM
Insurance Companies and Drug Consortiums are notorious for avoiding anything that would prevent them from overcharging their customers.

Earthquake insurance in California.... forget it.... the Insurers might actually have to pay a claim.... Insurance Companies are not your friend.

PaceAdvantage
09-22-2010, 02:02 AM
Insurance Companies and Drug Consortiums are notorious for avoiding anything that would prevent them from overcharging their customers.

Earthquake insurance in California.... forget it.... the Insurers might actually have to pay a claim.... Insurance Companies are not your friend.This was helpful

redshift1
09-22-2010, 03:40 AM
This was helpful

If Its not helpful then please explain what would be a helpful post regarding the
article. There are multiple interpretations to the article and I expressed one.

Tom
09-22-2010, 07:49 AM

Earthquake insurance in California.... forget it.... the Insurers might actually have to pay a claim.... Insurance Companies are not your friend.

You do understand that insurance is a wager, correct?
Do they allow place betting in a two horse race?

You think living there is risky, but you want someone else to take your risk for you?

ArlJim78
09-22-2010, 08:30 AM
The people who pushed Obamacare don't seem to understand what insurance is.
None of this is surprising, in fact it was predicted by many.

JustRalph
09-22-2010, 11:56 AM
The people who pushed Obamacare don't seem to understand what insurance is.
None of this is surprising, in fact it was predicted by many.

This is the point. Thank you for pointing it out to others.

This is the tip of the Iceberg. When employers drop their plans the minute the Government plans start up......... that is when it gets real bad. I think that doesn't start until 2014 though. They have set all this in motion so that the worst part doesn't take effect until after the 2012 election.

The insurance companies will all be planning their own shut down by then. They will all start moving into other businesses by then. Or they will go to work for the government.

boxcar
09-22-2010, 12:10 PM
1Insurance Companies are not your friend.

Kinda like tobacco, eh? Maybe both should be outlawed. Who needs stinkin' insurance? Insurance companies are thieves, right? But individuals are either too stupid or too irresponsible to plan for contingencies, yes? Talk about being caught between a rock and hard place. A person is caught between evil, greedy insurance companies on one hand and his own stupidity, or irresponsibility or ineptitude on the other. Who is going to save the day for us? Oh, yeah..."Robin Hood". After all, government doesn't put its pants and skirts on the same way as we lowly peons or as corporate execs do, right? Government exists on an entirely different moral plane. Government can be trusted, unlike evil insurance companies or ourselves. Politicians and Bureaucrats are gods in the minds of all Kool-Aid drinkers. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Boxcar

TJDave
09-22-2010, 01:22 PM
You do understand that insurance is a wager, correct?

Except...The house refuses to book long shots and takeout is 100%.:rolleyes:

boxcar
09-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Except...The house refuses to book long shots and takeout is 100%.:rolleyes:

You forget that the one placing the wager is the customer. If the house refuses a bet, it's because the customer didn't want to ante up an amount commensurate with his risky health situation! What do you think actuary tables are all about? :rolleyes:

redshift1
09-22-2010, 02:44 PM
Kinda like tobacco, eh? Maybe both should be outlawed. Who needs stinkin' insurance? Insurance companies are thieves, right? But individuals are either too stupid or too irresponsible to plan for contingencies, yes? Talk about being caught between a rock and hard place. A person is caught between evil, greedy insurance companies on one hand and his own stupidity, or irresponsibility or ineptitude on the other. Who is going to save the day for us? Oh, yeah..."Robin Hood". After all, government doesn't put its pants and skirts on the same way as we lowly peons or as corporate execs do, right? Government exists on an entirely different moral plane. Government can be trusted, unlike evil insurance companies or ourselves. Politicians and Bureaucrats are gods in the minds of all Kool-Aid drinkers. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Not about the government at all. Insurance companies are quick to use any excuse for cherry picking the healthiest group.

Yes of course the only thing between affordable insurance for all is the government.

boxcar
09-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Not about the government at all. Insurance companies are quick to use any excuse for cherry picking the healthiest group.

Yes of course the only thing between affordable insurance for all is the government.

Yeah, and you know how it's "affordable" (tongue planted firmly in cheek)? The low risk, working people who had reasonable premiums wind up paying for all others -- for the high risk folks as well as people who can't afford coverage.
A really great deal, eh?

And it is all about government. You just contradicted yourself! :bang: :bang: It's not about government -- yet, government is the only thing between us poor, ignorant, stupid, inept slobs (who government looks down it condescending snout at) and the crooks in the private sector. Seems to me that it's a lot about government.

Tell me, Redshift, now that we have the state protecting us against ourselves, and we also have government protecting us against the evil, greedy private sector, who protects both of these entities from the state? Who or what is the state's watchdog?

Boxcar

redshift1
09-22-2010, 03:36 PM

emphasizing the false, through irony is not contradictory unless you subscribe to literal interpretations.

boxcar
09-22-2010, 05:00 PM

emphasizing the false, through irony is not contradictory unless you subscribe to literal interpretations.

And you never interpret anything literally, do you? Oh...yeah...except when you're attempting to criticize my expose of your logical contradictions. :rolleyes:

So, tell me, Einstein: Now that you subscribe to the idea of government watching both stores (e.g. mine and the private sector, for example), who is watching the government? Who is protecting the private sector and myself from the powerful state?

Boxcar

redshift1
09-22-2010, 07:46 PM
And you never interpret anything literally, do you? Oh...yeah...except when you're attempting to criticize my expose of your logical contradictions. :rolleyes:

So, tell me, Einstein: Now that you subscribe to the idea of government watching both stores (e.g. mine and the private sector, for example), who is watching the government? Who is protecting the private sector and myself from the powerful state?

Boxcar

If I understand your question correctly you're asserting that both the pubic and private sectors are being subjected to excessive governmental control to the detriment of traditional economic and political practices.

My response is what is perceived by some some as a "take over" by the government is right or wrong a reaction to a severe economic crisis which any government both republican or democratic might implement.

Republicans are using this intervention as a strategic device to differentiate themselves from the opposition and ultimately regain political dominance. Its all very similar to the politics of the great depression same general tactics.