PDA

View Full Version : It’s a Matter of Confidence

rmania
09-05-2003, 02:34 PM
Are you a “software assisted” handicapper?
If so, does your software provide you with the necessary confidence to make the “big” bet?
I made such a bet yesterday at Del Mar.
Normally I’m a $20 bettor and I make straight bets only. In fact, I have not played an exotic the entire Del Mar meet and I am comfortably ahead going into the final week.
Anyway, yesterday I decided to make a $200 win wager (10X my normal bet) on Ruling House in the 8th.
And you know, I was really comfortable in doing so due to the confidence I had that the horse would win. That confidence came from what I “saw” while using my software. Based on each horse’s last race (no paceline substitution here) I was able to see where, for the first half-mile, Ruling House was far and away the fastest horse (especially the 2nd quarter). And though the finish was shown as close between her and Honor Game, I was convinced that at the distance Ruling House would be hard to catch.
So I went for it. And when she opened up coming out of the turn I knew the race was over.
Of course, these types of races don’t appear every day. But when they do it’s nice to have the confidence to put it all on the line.

kitts
09-05-2003, 02:41 PM
I love the confident feeling I have now and then when I have made a good decision, software assisted. However, I have learned that, for me, the bets are always the same size. Congrats on the nice score.

JustRalph
09-05-2003, 03:05 PM
I gotta ask..........which Software? Congrats on knowing when to make that bet.

Speed Figure
09-05-2003, 03:30 PM
It Must be RACE MAKER!;)

JimG
09-05-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by speed figure
It Must be RACE MAKER!;)

Who was the ingenious person that developed this program.....Naah, it couldn't be......rmania???

:D

Jim