PDA

View Full Version : What to do with stimulus dollars

HUSKER55
09-20-2010, 08:23 AM
I was drinking my coffee and got to thinking about the stimulus packages that our government has offered and how best to take advantage of the money for the long haul.

If memory serves, Ford didn't take any which means buying a car from the others is rewarding bad management.

Paying of the national bank cards is no better.

If you spend your money locally it might help today but not tomorrow.

I came to the conclusion that the ony way to have an impact locally would be to buy a Bank CD locally so they could loan money to local business for the long haul.

We complain about who is at fault. Fine. Is there a solution that we can agree on?

What is your opinion about how to use stimulus money for the best long term benefit?

Steve 'StatMan'
09-20-2010, 01:47 PM
We, the individuals, are going to be getting stimulus money?

turfnsport
09-20-2010, 01:55 PM
What is your opinion about how to use stimulus money for the best long term benefit?

Split it up evenly among account holders at Premier Turf Club & Twinspires.

HUSKER55
09-20-2010, 03:04 PM
those were a couple of my thoughts

skate
09-21-2010, 12:39 PM
We, the individuals, are going to be getting stimulus money?

I'm not sure about your question... but we have receives stimulas in the past, at this point, others issues need to be addressed, such as Taxes fro BIG Compants.

skate
09-21-2010, 01:07 PM
As best i can figure, questions should be answered, before we look at any Stimulas.

People (news media, congress etc.) keep talking about Keynesian type Methods, such as applying Money to the economy, but..

Keynesian has Many economic theories and each of them have FORMULAS.

Example: Y=A+mpc(y)

So from that fact, i'll add the point that never gets concern. A Formula has an = sign. So, if we just add Money, with no consideration to the other side of the Formula, we'll be out of balance.

My direct point here, Keynesian has a limit as to the amount of the stymulas, from 1% to maybe 1.5%. He also takes into consideration exactly where does the Money go, does it go to China thru GM?

Another Big concern to be applied, if Keynesian Theory is used, what would be the TAX situation. In other words, it is Big Business (my opinion) that will dictate the strength of the economy (Capitalistic), and if they(big Co.) enter into Contracts (which they do) they will always consider Taxes among other issues.

With higher taxes in the future or with the removal of a tax deduction, they will not enter into enough contracts to expand, hence the stymulas will not have the Jolt needed to jump start a strong economy.

HUSKER55
09-21-2010, 01:23 PM
that jolt will never happen the way things are now.

once again, the wrong road.

fast4522
09-23-2010, 08:26 AM
Just think about it.

fast4522
09-23-2010, 08:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wty7974IKg

Fits here.

skate
09-23-2010, 07:48 PM
that jolt will never happen the way things are now.

once again, the wrong road.

Ok, now i get it.

Tom
09-23-2010, 09:34 PM
How about they use it to restore all of our 401K accounts?
They are bailing out union pensions, civil service pensions, why not the majority of the working population, too?

All or nothing.
Rewarding special interest groups is stealing. Period.
Obama is no better that a thug in Chicago who knocks over a liquor store.

skate
09-24-2010, 04:02 PM
How about they use it to restore all of our 401K accounts?
They are bailing out union pensions, civil service pensions, why not the majority of the working population, too?

All or nothing.
Rewarding special interest groups is stealing. Period.
Obama is no better that a thug in Chicago who knocks over a liquor store.

See, you go and DQ the Dairy Queen and it leaves you some time to think.

No question it 's a tough road, but the likes of a Jesse Jackson type, use the wallet to get their point accross, as in boycott.

These thugs have been doing this for a Looooooooong time, i suspect that "things" will not change, unless you hit them in the Walletto, or go the illegal route.