PDA

View Full Version : Q about Saturday's Golden Gate's 7th race

The_Knight_Sky
09-18-2010, 08:42 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/akwjth.jpg

A sincere question for those with the Golden Gate pp's for Saturday.

a) How does #1 Sundance Kiddo qualify for this N1X allowance if he
has already tallied a N1X on January 23, 2010

b) How does #2 Richly Red qualify for this N1X allowance when he has
already won won a N1X on May 15, 2010.

c) How does #4 King Kelly qualify for this N1X allowance when he has
already won a N1X at Santa Rosa on July 31, 2010

The favored #6 Arrabiata coming off the maiden win at Santa Rosa
off the board facing these multiple winners. Something's not right here.

Was this a really a N2X but someone made a mistake in printing the conditions? Or something else?

therussmeister
09-18-2010, 09:16 PM
It took me a long time to look this up; so I only did it for Sundance Kiddo. His January 23 victory was in an optional claiming race where he was entered to be claimed, which makes him still eligible.

The_Knight_Sky
09-18-2010, 09:37 PM
It took me a long time to look this up; so I only did it for Sundance Kiddo. His January 23 victory was in an optional claiming race where he was entered to be claimed, which makes him still eligible.

Yes I see no (N) listed for Sundance Kiddo's win.
So he must have run for a tag that day.

The same would hold true for #4 King Kelly winning with a tag on July 31st.

That's two crossed off.
The third is still a mystery though.

#2 Richly Red won a N1X with a (N)
and yet he continues to run in a N1X after that win for five straight starts.

I would okay his participation if this was an optional claimer and he was running for a tag, but this race is not written like that.
What gives :confused:

cj
09-18-2010, 10:25 PM
Isn't it odd that none of these horses have run in Cal bred races?

Tom
09-18-2010, 10:49 PM
Was the purse of his NW1 win under the $10K winner's share?

cj
09-18-2010, 10:51 PM
Was the purse of his NW1 win under the $10K winner's share?

I thought that might be the case, but I don't think that is possible looking at the PPs.

RXB
09-18-2010, 11:52 PM
#2 Richly Red won a N1X with a (N)
and yet he continues to run in a N1X after that win for five straight starts.

I would okay his participation if this was an optional claimer and he was running for a tag, but this race is not written like that.
What gives :confused:

As a Cal-bred, he can win that N1X condition twice as a non-claiming entrant. A bit strange, for sure, but that's what it is. Can't remember exactly when they made that decision-- maybe two years ago?

lamboguy
09-19-2010, 07:47 AM
in finger lakes they have similar conditions for new york breds, they have a condition of new yorks breds that have never won a new york bred race. most the horses that run in golden gate are cal breds same as finger lakes has new york breds.

RXB
09-19-2010, 10:51 AM
Those are not the same conditions or same circumstances.

Light
09-19-2010, 11:55 AM
I think this has to do with the various incentives to keep Ca bred horses in Ca. Regarding repeating a condition,here is an excerpt from the DMR website from the racing secretary:

Should a horse win a Cal-Bred first conditioned allowance race and next win an open second-conditioned allowance race, that horse shall remain eligibility for the open second-conditioned allowance race.

I suppose you can translate the same for the first and third conditioned allowance races as well.

http://www.dmtc.com/horsemen/conditionbook/static/racingsecretaryrulesprocedures.pdf

shouldacoulda
09-19-2010, 10:08 PM
The way I am reading it is it is ignoring races where the win paid less than 10K$ (10K$ one time) or was a maiden claimer or starter allowance OR non winner of 2 races. I don't see where NW1 or claim price comes into play from these conditions.

RXB
09-20-2010, 12:43 AM
Here's how I understand it to work:

If a Cal-bred horse has not won a state-bred N1X, it can win twice at the NoCal N1X level as a non-claiming entrant.

If a Cal-bred horse has won a state-bred N1X, it can only win once at the NoCal N1X level as a non-claiming entrant.

They rarely card state-bred allowances in NoCal, probably because it would become hell for people with horses bred outside the state to find an open N1X that would fill. So I think they made this change to appease the people who breed/own Cal breds on the NoCal circuit.

The_Knight_Sky
09-21-2010, 11:22 AM
Should a horse win a Cal-Bred first conditioned allowance race and next win an open second-conditioned allowance race, that horse shall remain eligibility for the open second-conditioned allowance race.

I suppose you can translate the same for the first and third conditioned allowance races as well.

http://www.dmtc.com/horsemen/conditionbook/static/racingsecretaryrulesprocedures.pdf

Thanks guys. http://i56.tinypic.com/2zqr6v5.gif I vaguely remember the rule change from a few years back. I hadn't put too much attention to it until Saturday's race. It's clearly not your grandfather's N1X.

This has got to be a nightmare for the person who checks for eligibility for each allowance race at Golden Gate Fields. I suppose they have at their disposal more then 10 running lines of pp's to go by.

This also presents a problem for the horsemen.
The 3 year old maiden winners are forced to tackle seasoned veterans in a N1X race such as this.

I would assume that the multiple winners have an edge here, as opposed to the other tracks n1x races where the 3 year olds would be the ones to back on the class raise.

Tom
09-21-2010, 11:41 AM
I think it is very confusing ( and very minor league) that they not print the actual conditinos of the race in the race conditions. :ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

cj
09-21-2010, 12:02 PM
I think it is very confusing ( and very minor league) that they not print the actual conditinos of the race in the race conditions. :ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

NoCal is very minor league, but that isn't an excuse for not printing the exact conditions of the race.

Light
09-21-2010, 01:52 PM
NoCal is very minor league,

It's not restricted to NoCal. Its goes for all Cal breds which means SoCal as well.