PDA

View Full Version : Delaware Saturday 8th Race

LRL Racing
09-18-2010, 12:04 AM
Got a first time starter we think is a runner. Of course we catch Pletcher, Motion, Margolis and a few others in a ten horse field. If we win this one she can run for sure.
#7 Shelly's Hope. Hopefully they don't catch her!

lamboguy
09-18-2010, 12:27 AM
Got a first time starter we think is a runner. Of course we catch Pletcher, Motion, Margolis and a few others in a ten horse field. If we win this one she can run for sure.
#7 Shelly's Hope. Hopefully they don't catch her!that place is never easy. we had a horse there that got beat msw that won msw in saratoga in a tough field. the field you drew has to be the toughest race that i have seen all year in deleware. top to bottom there are no throwouts. the nielson horse is by a good mare, the other 2 horses that started look real good too.

good luck tomorrow, i will root for you.

theguarantee
09-18-2010, 01:10 AM
You know it's bad when you list 3 high profile trainers and D. Wayne Lukas doesn't even make the cut.

Interesting that Pletcher didn't unveil this one at Toga. Worked there. A bullet on the turf. Quite peculiar.

Hard race to handicap but I always appreciate your posts and will be rooting on Shelly's Hope with or without a wager and will certainly add to my watchlisdt. Good luck.

LRL Racing
09-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Just talked with my trainer who said Shelly was a little off in the left rear so we were scratching today. Can't say that is necessarily terrible as this race looks strong. With that said headed to the Keeneland sales for some new ones.

No chicken today only feathers!

WinterTriangle
09-18-2010, 08:10 PM
GL on Shelley's next one.

And hope you pick up some talented runners at Keenland.:ThmbUp:

LRL Racing
09-20-2010, 10:34 PM
Bought four babies. Sires: Any Given Saturday, Langfuhr, Elusive Quality and Grand Slam. Really love the Any Given Saturday filly($35,000) and the Elusive Quality filly ($20,000). The Langfuhr fillies hocks were swolen and no one would even look at her but of course my trainer told me to buy her as it would not effect her performance as she had probably kicked the stall wall and that the swelling would go down and the skin would just flake off. Paid $2000 for her. BARGAIN....
Shelly is fine now and walked for a few days but has not resumed training until you know who gets back to Delaware which should be Friday morning. That will probably set her back about two or three weeks. She has been working as fast as the race went so it was unfortunate we didn't make it.