PDA

View Full Version : Ohio....Pivotal State, Swings back to the Right

JustRalph
09-17-2010, 06:15 PM
I will believe all the polls when they are verified by the election.
If true, this bodes bad for Obama in 2012

http://www.dispatchpolitics.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/09/17/copy/nu-quinnipiac-poll.html?adsec=politics&sid=101

New poll projects grim results for Fisher in Senate election

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2010 06:54 AM
BY DARREL ROWLAND
THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

Former GOP Congressman Rob Portman, left, leads Lt. Gov. Lee Fisher, right, 55 percent to 35 percent in the race to replace George Voinovich in the Senate according to a Quinnipiac Poll.

Today it's Lt. Gov. Lee Fisher down 20 points, 55 percent to 35 percent, to former GOP Congressman Rob Portman of Cincinnati.

Yesterday's poll release showed Republican John Kasich up 17 points on Democratic Gov. Ted Strickland.

"Voters are trying to send a message to the White House," said Peter Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac Polling Institute.

Unfortunately for Fisher and Strickland, President Barack Obama isn't on the ballot this year -- they are.

Obama's job approval rating among likely Ohio voters is 38 percent, with 60 percent disapproving. The health-care plan he pushed through Congress gets approval from 30 percent, with 65 percent turning thumbs down.

Perhaps indicating the Republican tilt of those likely voters, by a margin of 58 percent to 37 percent, they said they want a senator from Ohio who opposes Obama's policy. And by 49 percent to 31 percent, they want to GOP to win the 10 seats they need to resume control of the U.S. Senate.

Fisher, like Strickland, is losing among the independent voters critical to Ohio electoral success by about a two-to-one margin.

much more at the link

fast4522
09-17-2010, 06:45 PM
The Democrats are cannibalizing each other trying to survive, why would anyone vote for them in the great state of Ohio!

JustRalph
09-17-2010, 07:16 PM
It's even worse today

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/09/17/ohio-dem-meltdown-accelerates-fisher-down-20-strickland-17/

Tom
09-17-2010, 11:54 PM
Obama caused this with his frequent visits to the state! :lol:

fast4522
09-18-2010, 12:06 PM
It means he is in low tide, and he knows his stink can't be freshened.

ElKabong
09-18-2010, 02:20 PM
like JR posted, i'll believe it when the polls are closed and it's a done deal. Everyone I know here or work with that are originally from OH are conservatives & they say most (not all) that are left up there are liberals and people looking for free handouts.

Mosty is basically the type of person they describe up there. Living off taxpayer's money, doing little to earn it...Then they draw inflated pensions at the expense of everyone else and will look the fool trying to justify the theft

NJ Stinks
09-18-2010, 08:24 PM
Ohio went for Bush twice.

Enough said. :rolleyes:

bigmack
09-18-2010, 08:31 PM

A postal employee commenting on the customer service of Home Depot and someone from Jersey commenting on the voting habits of any other state. You goofs are on a roll. What's next, 'Canadian' commenting on what it's like to have a brain?

ElKabong
09-18-2010, 10:29 PM

true, stinky...but a lot of folks have left OH and the rust belt the past few yrs.

JustRalph
09-19-2010, 12:53 AM
anybody want to buy a nice house in central Ohio...... I got one......3200 sq feet built in 2002

if a Condo is your style...... I got one that is only 4 yrs old in Medina

count me as one who has left

jballscalls
09-19-2010, 09:55 AM
anybody want to buy a nice house in central Ohio...... I got one......3200 sq feet built in 2002

if a Condo is your style...... I got one that is only 4 yrs old in Medina

I got a condo in downtown cincy, right across the street from Izzy's corned beef, i'd give anything to sell it. great place, great location, had a renter the last few years, but it's time to go.

JustRalph
11-03-2010, 10:45 PM
Kasich kills the train............ Unions up next........... :ThmbUp:

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20101103/NEWS0108/11040330

chickenhead
11-04-2010, 12:16 AM
I always liked Kasich.

boxcar
11-04-2010, 11:20 AM
I always liked Kasich.

Well...that confirms what I have long perceived about him which is: Like the Bushes he has a liberal stripe running down his back -- hopefully not as wide as either of theirs. He has always struck me (and perhaps I'm wrong) as one of these conflicted "fiscally conservative, socially liberal" Repugs.

Boxcar

chickenhead
11-04-2010, 11:26 AM
He has always struck me (and perhaps I'm wrong) as one of these "fiscally conservative, socially liberal" Repugs.

Boxcar

A clear thinker, like myself ;) The Bushes were fiscally liberal, socially conservative, a much less winning hybrid.

boxcar
11-04-2010, 01:12 PM
A clear thinker, like myself ;) The Bushes were fiscally liberal, socially conservative, a much less winning hybrid.

I'm glad to see that you don't take yourself too seriously. :lol: :lol:

Boxcar