PDA

View Full Version : Visa Debit deposits ?

cj's dad
09-17-2010, 07:33 AM
Anyone else having problems making deposits. My attempts to deposit in TVG have been denied and it is not TVG doing it. TVG claims that it is Visa although until recently I have never had a problem.

HandyKapper
09-17-2010, 09:19 AM
I have always used Visa AllAcess gift cards. I used to be able to purchase them at several convenience stores and never had a problem making deposits. Recently they have become obsolete around here. Even checked the website for store locations near me and found zero. There used to be a whole list of stores they were available at. Well, when I couldn't find the cards I tried using another Visa Gift card called the "Ideal Gift". This card was rejected by the account. Also, tried another gift card and also rejected. The Visa AllAccess was never rejected, unfortunately, I can’t find them anymore. Not sure if these cards would be rejected now or not. Please let me know if anyone knows of a specific gift card that will now work.

Robert Goren
09-17-2010, 09:42 AM
Do Mastercard Debt cards work?

Tom
09-17-2010, 10:17 AM
I believe some new CC rules kicked on 9/15.

KingChas
09-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Please let me know if anyone knows of a specific gift card that will now work.

TVG advertised how to get around this,I remember then saying you had to purchase a money card (Walgreens etc...).
Check their website for this.
I am sure if you can use this on TVG accounts it can be used for others also.

Here it is;

Green Dot MoneyPak Cash Deposits

MoneyPak’s can be purchased at Tens of thousands of Green Dot locations nationwide, such as RiteAid, CVS, Walgreens, Radio Shack and WalMart. MoneyPak’s can be purchased in values ranging from $20 to $1,100. The retailer will charge a $4.95 service fee. The MoneyPak is activated and can be deposited into your TVG account usually in one hour.

HandyKapper
09-17-2010, 10:36 AM
I also tried a MasterCard gift card. Again no luck.

PhantomOnTour
09-17-2010, 12:11 PM
Anyone else having problems making deposits. My attempts to deposit in TVG have been denied and it is not TVG doing it. TVG claims that it is Visa although until recently I have never had a problem.
TVG account!!??

Nooooooooooooooo...say it ain't so!

Horseplayersbet.com
09-17-2010, 12:32 PM
Since June 1st, credit and debit card rejections have been high. The reason has to do with individual issuers and their interpretation of the new rules.

Horseplayersbet.com has been looking for alternatives. Lately most of my members have been using Green Dot (I give back $5 on deposits of $120 or more, and I think other ADWS do this as well).

We just signed up with an online solution company so members can start using credit and debit cards once more. Plus it speeds up ACH deposit and withdrawal times.

slew101
09-17-2010, 12:51 PM
You need to setup an EFT account with your checking account at these ADWs. Most offer instant clearing from your checking account, meaning you have access to the cash as soon as you deposit. Since debit cards work the same way (having the cash ready), there's no reason not to use the EFT system.

If you're using a credit card, I think the best bet is to call a customer service person for the transaction. Using the online method will likely lead to rejection.

JustRalph
09-17-2010, 04:14 PM
Tom I think has it right. I heard something about new credit card rules on the radio today

cj's dad
09-17-2010, 04:15 PM
TVG account!!??

Nooooooooooooooo...say it ain't so!

Never had a problem with TVG and this is not their problem. I can still call in and make a deposit using my Visa debit card within 2 minutes. It's just an inconvenience considering that previously, I could do it via internet in about 30 seconds.

ldiatone
09-17-2010, 05:07 PM
my bank, citizens bank, once know as mellon bank, will not let me use my debit visa card to deposit money in my xpressbet account. yes i will have to use the eft account from now on. BUT i made several deposits through my card in july and someone at xpressbet CHOKED and ran $300.00+ through a rental car company in Brazil!!! i thought someone got into my checking acccont. i then called the bank and was upset about the charge, canceled my card and was a bit POed at the service rep.......two days later i get an e-mail about the mix-up and they all of a sudden credited my accout w/ the money they debited. had to wait for a new card and now need to pay back the money to xpressbet they removed and then gave back!! i can also deposit money to my accout via otbs, but a pain.
this is my story in the big city.......
ldiatone

cj's dad
09-17-2010, 08:59 PM
is is my story in the big city.......

ldiatone

much like Baltimore, P'burg is no longer a big city !!

Augie16
09-17-2010, 09:52 PM
I had a similar experience with Xpressbet around the same time...They were the only ADW account that had my debit card numbers. During their switchover of Visa processors my numbers were used to attempt to rent a luxury sedan in Greece. No Shit. Of course I had to cancel the card and have not used Xpressbet since.