PDA

View Full Version : Koran burning guy gets fired from NJ Transit Job

jballscalls
09-15-2010, 06:00 PM
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/09/bloomingdale_man_fired_by_nj_t.html

so much for freedom without consequences!

JustRalph
09-15-2010, 06:23 PM
so much for freedom of speech

interesting point is that he works for public transportation

is it a true government entity ?

Native Texan III
09-15-2010, 06:31 PM
Most actions have consequences.
Was he expecting no one to notice?

"Blackstone on Free "Speech": Every freeman has an undoubted right to lay what sentiments he pleases before the public; to forbid this, is to destroy the freedom of the press: but if he publishes what is improper, mischievous, or illegal, he must take the consequences of his own temerity."

mostpost
09-15-2010, 06:51 PM
Most actions have consequences.
Was he expecting no one to notice?

"Blackstone on Free "Speech": Every freeman has an undoubted right to lay what sentiments he pleases before the public; to forbid this, is to destroy the freedom of the press: but if he publishes what is improper, mischievous, or illegal, he must take the consequences of his own temerity."
Most of the folks here think Blackstone is a magician. :bang:

Dave Schwartz
09-15-2010, 07:10 PM
The question is, "Would he have been fired for burning a Christian Bible?"

bigmack
09-15-2010, 07:13 PM
Most of the folks here think Blackstone is a magician. :bang:
Let me get this straight, you think you're brighter than a majority of folk here?

Name 3 in off-Top who you think don't know who Blackstone is.

TJDave
09-15-2010, 07:50 PM
The question is, "Would he have been fired for burning a Christian Bible?"

Most all companies, public and private now have conduct/ethics clauses that govern employee behavior 24/7. And courts have mostly ruled in favor of employers. I tell my people that they have the right to behave as they wish. I also tell them they have a right not to work for me. Most everything in life is governed by choice...and its consequence.

dartman51
09-15-2010, 08:04 PM
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/09/bloomingdale_man_fired_by_nj_t.html

so much for freedom without consequences!

He shouldn't have been fired for burning the Qur'an, he should have been fired for being an IDIOT. jmho

Pell Mell
09-15-2010, 08:14 PM
Most people who protest anything work for someone. Does this mean our constitutional rights are going to be controlled by employers? :mad:

boxcar
09-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Most all companies, public and private now have conduct/ethics clauses that govern employee behavior 24/7. And courts have mostly ruled in favor of employers. I tell my people that they have the right to behave as they wish. I also tell them they have a right not to work for me. Most everything in life is governed by choice...and its consequence.

Funny how this Personal Responsibility thingy works, isn't it? In the areas of political or religious free speech, we must always be ready to assume personal responsibility for our actions, especially when they're not PC. Always. 24/7. No exceptions. BUT...when it comes to other personal choices in our life -- not so much so. A person can make a host of poor moral decisions that will negatively impact his life and his qualify of life, but we as a society are supposed to be tolerant and understanding of such people. We're supposed to be ready and [somehow] morally obligated 24/7 to help such people out.

Take drugs and screw your life up in the process? No biggie. Drink yourself into oblivion and can't hold on to a job? You're on the street? Nowhere to sleep? No biggie. You're entitled to hope and change and lots of pocket change too to see you thru.

Raised up in a ghetto, joined street gangs, didn't attend school because that would have been so uncool, and now you face the prospect of being stuck at the Golden Arches for the rest of your life? No biggie. Just quit that dead end job and collect welfare instead. Nothing like free and easy money, especially when you're entitled to it.

You decided to not attend college and as a consequence you can now only live from paycheck-to- paycheck -- hand-to-mouth -- barely making it because of that choice? No biggie. You're just as entitled to own a nice home as the guy who has worked hard for it and made responsible choices. Big Gov will take care of you and pick up your slack -- at taxpayers' expense!

You hypocritical liberals should slow your mouths down and let your brains catch up and give your brain a chance to listen to yourselves. You're all for Personal Responsibility and Consequences for Choices -- but only a highly selective basis. Only when it suits your political agenda.

Boxcar

highnote
09-15-2010, 08:59 PM
The buy who burned the Koran was released and not charged with a crime.

So what exactly was the reason given for him being fired? Not much info in the article.

Some comments at the bottom of the article say that it was a hate crime other say it was not, but I didn't read anywhere in the article that anyone asked the protestor why he burned it.

His answer might have shed some light on whether or not this is a hate crime or him exercising his right to free speech.

ArlJim78
09-15-2010, 09:01 PM
Funny how you can get bj's in the oval office and diddle the interns WHILE ON THE JOB, and not only keep your job but become a revered icon of the left.

Trotman
09-15-2010, 09:08 PM
What's even more of a joke the guy is protected by secret service for the rest of his life and his family after screwing the intern when he should have been running the country and every taxpayer is footing the bill :bang:

TJDave
09-15-2010, 09:18 PM
Most people who protest anything work for someone. Does this mean our constitutional rights are going to be controlled by employers? :mad:

Employers have always sought to control the constitutional rights of their employees...

Mainly through political contributions. ;)

boxcar
09-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Funny how you can get bj's in the oval office and diddle the interns WHILE ON THE JOB, and not only keep your job but become a revered icon of the left.

Well stated!

Boxcar

Rookies
09-15-2010, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78

Well stated!

Boxcar

OR, you could troll for little boys under washroom stalls and keep your job because you're an icon of the Con Christian right! ;)

Well, actually you're a disgusting hypocritical moral pervert, but you still kept your job- didn't cha ?

Tom
09-15-2010, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78

Well stated!

Boxcar

OR, you could troll for little boys under washroom stalls and keep your job because you're an icon of the Con Christian right! ;)

Well, actually you're a disgusting hypocritical moral pervert, but you still kept your job- didn't cha ?

Fact check here - you knowingly made up the part about little boys. That is lying. Or worse, where your mind wanders.

redshift1
09-15-2010, 10:36 PM
Since the door was opened.

http://www.republicansexoffenders.com/

Tom
09-15-2010, 10:48 PM
Door opened to thread drift?
What does your link add to this thread? Nothing.
You like sex offenders, try some more........bingo!

http://sexoffenderissues.blogspot.com/2008/09/top-10-democrat-sex-scandals-in.html

Dave Schwartz
09-15-2010, 10:50 PM

TJ,

What does that have to do with my question and its relevance to the guy fired for burning the Koran?

redshift1
09-15-2010, 10:53 PM
Here's one without bias.

http://www.frumforum.com/who-scores-more-gop-or-dems

Tom
09-15-2010, 10:55 PM
Which word has you baffled - thread or drift?

Tom
09-15-2010, 10:57 PM

What happens when they you you can't fly your flag because it offends muslims?

Employers are overstepping their bounds and those that do need to be boycotted and picketed by FREE thinking people.

ArlJim78
09-15-2010, 11:03 PM

Larry Craig was no icon.
The incident you're referring to had nothing to do with little boys.
He was found guilty of a misdemeanor charge and later resigned and declined to seek reelection.

redshift1
09-15-2010, 11:10 PM
TJ,

What does that have to do with my question and its relevance to the guy fired for burning the Koran?

I can even remember the verbiage of some of the forms I had to sign.

Termination for tarnishing the reputation of XXX co and for conduct detrimental to Company Values. This most certainly will be litigated but these types of behaviors are clearly prohibited... with two children to support his actions were reckless and without regard to potential consequences.

TJDave
09-15-2010, 11:33 PM
TJ,

You asked, "Would he have been fired for burning a Christian Bible?"

The relevant issue isn't which bible was burned. I'm confident that had he burned Christian, Hindu, Jewish texts or a copy of the constitution or a host of other un-PC things and been identified he would face the same consequences.

Of course, we won't know specifically until detail of the state employee conduct code is revealed...Which, BTW, I'm betting he signed. ;)

JustRalph
09-15-2010, 11:36 PM
I had never heard of Larry Craig before his tap dance in the bathroom

That website on Repub Sex offenders is interesting....... 90 percent of the offenders are county and State offenders.......

nijinski
09-15-2010, 11:50 PM
Post traumatic stress disorder .
He needs a Lawyer and a Psyche on his side.

mostpost
09-16-2010, 12:48 AM
Let me get this straight, you think you're brighter than a majority of folk here?

Name 3 in off-Top who you think don't know who Blackstone is.
Boxcar, Tom, JustRalph, DJofSD, lsbets, Prospector, BenDiesel, BlueShoe, PA,
Huskers55, Fast 4522, andymays, Arljim78, Wisconsin, and you

As to question one, I wouldn't know about that, but I do know I have a better sense of humor.

mostpost
09-16-2010, 12:49 AM

OK.....OK.....and 46Zilzal :bang: :bang:

HUSKER55
09-16-2010, 05:44 AM
mostpost...say "O"

you are hired!

fast4522
09-16-2010, 06:07 AM

As to question one, I wouldn't know about that, but I do know I have a better sense of humor.

Reality is that some threads I just stay out of, leave it to a liberal to put you in. :eek:

Canadian
09-16-2010, 07:28 AM
Fact check here - you knowingly made up the part about little boys. That is lying. Or worse, where your mind wanders.

Bernie Ward loved the little boys.

Dave Schwartz
09-16-2010, 11:02 AM
You asked, "Would he have been fired for burning a Christian Bible?"

The relevant issue isn't which bible was burned. I'm confident that had he burned Christian, Hindu, Jewish texts or a copy of the constitution or a host of other un-PC things and been identified he would face the same consequences.

Of course, we won't know specifically until detail of the state employee conduct code is revealed...Which, BTW, I'm betting he signed.

TJ,

Now you have tied it together. Thanks.

My problem is that in this age I am not sure he would have been given the same result. Of course, we can never know.

Dave

Steve 'StatMan'
09-16-2010, 11:13 AM
Ewww. He did it at the site of the proposed mosque. Essentially a hate-crime, although the mosque isn't there yet - but everyone knows who owns the property. Very bad. Burning it on one's own property is one thing (sad), but to seek out a public site of someone else who may be offended by actions done on their property - that shows the guy lacks self-restraint. Publicly demonstrated hate crime by someone who works with the general public. Not good at all.

boxcar
09-16-2010, 12:12 PM

And all the above know that you're delusional and belong in a padded cell.

Boxcar

JustRalph
09-16-2010, 10:30 PM
Ewww. He did it at the site of the proposed mosque. Essentially a hate-crime, although the mosque isn't there yet - but everyone knows who owns the property. Very bad. Burning it on one's own property is one thing (sad), but to seek out a public site of someone else who may be offended by actions done on their property - that shows the guy lacks self-restraint. Publicly demonstrated hate crime by someone who works with the general public. Not good at all.

There is no such thing as a hate crime

The mosque imam doesn't own the property. A developer does

I think this guy is dumb ass. But I think if he burned u.s. Flag they wouldn't have cared

Tom
09-16-2010, 11:02 PM
Savage calls it the Victory Mosque.