PDA

View Full Version : Anti Establishment Conservative Candidate O’Donnell scores huge upset

andymays
09-14-2010, 09:32 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2010/09/14/o%e2%80%99donnell-scores-huge-upset/

Excerpt:

DOVER, Del.—Republican U.S. Senate candidate Christine O’Donnell scored a stunning upset against Rep. Mike Castle here in Delaware, taking down an establishment-backed Republican Tuesday night.

At the O’Donnell election night party, it got rowdy when the early returns started coming in. Supporters in blue “Team Christine” shirts cheered and danced to Twisted Sister’s “We’re not gonna take it.” They also chanted, “Na na na na, Mike Castle good-bye.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/09/14/o%e2%80%99donnell-scores-huge-upset/#ixzz0zYdO8ywl

ArlJim78
09-14-2010, 09:43 PM
The Rino's fought hard on this one, and dirty too. the elites tried their best to push the Rino over the wire, but thankfully it was not to be. Carl Rove was just on Hannity and he is just beside himself over this.

redshift1
09-14-2010, 09:52 PM

Excerpt:

DOVER, Del.—Republican U.S. Senate candidate Christine O’Donnell scored a stunning upset against Rep. Mike Castle here in Delaware, taking down an establishment-backed Republican Tuesday night.

At the O’Donnell election night party, it got rowdy when the early returns started coming in. Supporters in blue “Team Christine” shirts cheered and danced to Twisted Sister’s “We’re not gonna take it.” They also chanted, “Na na na na, Mike Castle good-bye.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/09/14/o%e2%80%99donnell-scores-huge-upset/#ixzz0zYdO8ywl

No one is sure how this will play out later but right now the dems are smiling from ear to ear. Internecine conflict within the party.... nothing like shooting yourself in the foot

boxcar
09-14-2010, 09:53 PM

Excerpt:

You beat me to the punch. I've been following this race because DE is a Blue BiteMe Biden state, and Castle the RINO was as true Blue as any Dem could get. This guy was one of the biggest liberals in the House. And the Republican Establishment pulled out all the stops to get their guy elected. They lied through their teeth to portray their guy as genuine conservative. They lied again when they kept insisting that the newcomer conservative O'Donnell could not win -- was UNELECTABLE. (Even Charles Krauthammer, for whom I have a high regard and with whom I normally agree, bought into to the Establishment's rhetoric. How wrong he was!)

This is a huge win for the Tea Party and all conservatives across the nation because Castle's big defeat sends a strong message to the Repub Establishment and RINOs everywhere. We don't want you anymore than we we want any of your fellow liberals across the aisle from you. If you're a liberal, you're rotten to the core and the stench of your liberal/progressive ideology turns our stomach.

Congratulations, Christine O'Donnell!

Boxcar

boxcar
09-14-2010, 09:56 PM
No one is sure how this will play out later but right now the dems are smiling from ear to ear. Internecine conflict within the party.... nothing like shooting yourself in the foot

Yeah...someone always gets hurt in a revolution -- but there will be very few conservative fatalities come November.

Boxcar
P.S. I bet if Castle had one you'd be singing the praises of the voters for their good sense in choosing a "moderate". :rolleyes:

ArlJim78
09-14-2010, 10:08 PM
Sure Democrats are going to say that they're smiling ear to ear, but that is just talk. Castle was an old man who had never been defeated in any DE election for like 40 years. He had the party establishment solidly behind him and he lost to a relative nobody. and it wasn't really close either.

you can throw out the playbook this year. people are angry and ready to throw out the bums, anything is possible.

I think the traditional Republican party bosses like Rove are nervous, and what you're going to see is a battle between the Palin/DeMint insurgency and the old guard like Rove/McConnell/etc/etc/etc. They are going to fight tooth and nail to maintain their party leadership positions, but my sense is that people are ready for new leadership.

redshift1
09-14-2010, 10:13 PM
Yeah...someone always gets hurt in a revolution -- but there will be very few conservative fatalities come November.

Boxcar
P.S. I bet if Castle had one you'd be singing the praises of the voters for their good sense in choosing a "moderate". :rolleyes:

Republicans are poised to make significant gains this November whether they can withstand an ideological schism within the party and capitalize on their momentum remains to be seen.

PaceAdvantage
09-14-2010, 10:27 PM
Who ran with that picture?

Unreal... :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
09-14-2010, 10:28 PM
No one is sure how this will play out later but right now the dems are smiling from ear to ear. Internecine conflict within the party.... nothing like shooting yourself in the footthe dems really have nothing to smile about...

boxcar
09-14-2010, 10:32 PM
Republicans are poised to make significant gains this November whether they can withstand an ideological schism within the party and capitalize on their momentum remains to be seen.

Those opposed to genuine conservative values within the party had better be prepared to go down in defeat. The upcoming election will be an anti-liberalism mandate. Make no mistake about this. Too many voters want nothing to do anymore with liberalism. They've had enough already.

And this election isn't about Democrats or Republicans. It's about something a lot larger -- it's about America and Americans. It's about Freedom. The Free Enterprise System. Capitalism. American Values and the American Dream. American voters are angry about what the liberals have been doing and are doing to this country. I guess you could say that we're mad as hades and we ain't takin' it anymore. And screw both parties if they don't want to see the handwriting on the wall.

Boxcar

newtothegame
09-14-2010, 10:37 PM
I have been saying for the longest that INCUMBENTS need to go.

Very nice win for an up and coming politician in a BLUE state!!!

I bet mosty, NJ, Cap...will have a nice spin for this one as well....

But you know what...in hindsight...maybe we do need to thank B.O...for hope and change....CAUSE NOW ITS HAPPENING! You libs and progressives can thank THIS administration for putting together indirectly that little "fad" and "grass roots" movement called the TEA PARTY!

Robert Goren
09-14-2010, 10:48 PM
I think O'Donnell has very good chance of winning in November. As everyone knows I am a pretty liberal Democrat, but it is looking like the democratic party is not going to put up much of fight this year. The economy is bad and they are have taken the very unpopular side of several big issues like the Arizona Law and the ground zero mosque. I see likely republican majorities in both the house and senate now.

mostpost
09-14-2010, 10:50 PM

But you know what...in hindsight...maybe we do need to thank B.O...for hope and change....CAUSE NOW ITS HAPPENING! You libs and progressives can thank THIS administration for putting together indirectly that little "fad" and "grass roots" movement called the TEA PARTY!
Glad you're happy now. You're going to be crying in November. Christine O'Donnell, Sharon Angle, Rand Paul; great candidates.....for us.

boxcar
09-14-2010, 11:06 PM

Mosty didn't have much of a spin. He doesn't like what is happening presently, so he's hoping for and predicting a change for the worst in the future. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Tom
09-14-2010, 11:07 PM
The power of Palin once again. heh, heh, heh.

Take notes, dems, and clean up your own party like the conservatives are doing. We're b-a-a-a-a-a-a-ck!

Repubs never win without the conservative vote.
Looks like Sara and Rush pretty much are influencing that.

Big difference of opinion today between Rush and Schnitt on her.
Good to see that the right is capable of thinking and not goose-stepping in
line, like the left does. :lol:

You do not progress if you always swallow the party line.

na na nana, na na nana, hey, hey, good-bye!

JustRalph
09-14-2010, 11:28 PM
If she wins in Del it will be a sea change.

I look at it this way........the guy who was in there was practically a democrat. Electing a Dem won't be much different than putting him back

ArlJim78
09-14-2010, 11:30 PM
I think this segment between Carl Rove and Sean Hannity tonight is going to send shockwaves around the conservative circles. On my part I will say that I lost all respect for Carl Rove. His contempt for the Republican nominee should have not been aired on live TV virtually at the same time she was giving her acceptance speech.
I think his frustration and outright attacks on O'Donnell illustrate the powerstruggle that is going on between the old guard and the insurgents.
Rove was a big loser tonight and Palin once again has the midas touch, and that has him ready to spit tacks. He basically just made a commercial for the Democrat candidate calling the Republican nutty, and saying she has no hope of winning.

4Jlh1EsgS7Q

Tom
09-14-2010, 11:33 PM
Out with the old.

More big news in NY - Palidino buries the establishment RINO.
He is already using the phrase "Andrew Status-Cuomo!":lol:

Smells like 1993 around here. Only better.

ArlJim78
09-14-2010, 11:42 PM
Great News about Paladino, I just saw that report. and another one bites the dust. Every person the Rino Senators support either loses or switches parties. Man these guys can really pick'em.

newtothegame
09-15-2010, 12:38 AM
Glad you're happy now. You're going to be crying in November. Christine O'Donnell, Sharon Angle, Rand Paul; great candidates.....for us.

Keep telling yourself that abut November...it will be all the more sweeter!
And in comparison, I will gladly take those three over Pelosi, Reid and Rangle!!!
Guys has more ethics charges then mosquitos in the swamp and he gets re-nominated....but what more could i expect from you libs?? Status quo....lol

prospector
09-15-2010, 12:40 AM
this isn't a fight between red and blue...its between conservatives and liberals...most of us would rather have a dem than a rino..it isn't over this election..we'll keep going till people like graham , snow and mc cain are outta the party..no more crossing the aisle..stand up for your principles..

jelly
09-15-2010, 12:48 AM
this isn't a fight between red and blue...its between conservatives and liberals...most of us would rather have a dem than a rino..it isn't over this election..we'll keep going till people like graham , snow and mc cain are outta the party..no more crossing the aisle..stand up for your principles..

The Rhinos are running scared :D

bigmack
09-15-2010, 12:53 AM
To give a measure of credit to mosty he doesn't tell himself these things, he has a couple of little birdies feed it to him. Howard Fineman & Keith Olbermann. Two of the sharpest bowling balls you'll ever encounter.

boxcar
09-15-2010, 01:03 AM
Hopefully, voters are getting the message also. Voters need to forget about the "R" or "D" or "I" after a politician's name. Forget that simplistic, childish nonsense and instead make a concerted effort to find out what each candidate stands for. This is precisely what wasn't done this last presidential election. Too many people voted for BO for all the wrong reasons. As a result: More than a few voters have serious cases of buyer's remorse. I hope a large number of voters have learned from their mistake and realize that their choices carry serious consequences for this nation.

Boxcar

newtothegame
09-15-2010, 01:51 AM
Hopefully, voters are getting the message also. Voters need to forget about the "R" or "D" or "I" after a politician's name. Forget that simplistic, childish nonsense and instead make a concerted effort to find out what each candidate stands for. This is precisely what wasn't done this last presidential election. Too many people voted for BO for all the wrong reasons. As a result: More than a few voters have serious cases of buyer's remorse. I hope a large number of voters have learned from their mistake and realize that their choices carry serious consequences for this nation.

Boxcar

Agree for the most part Box...
The R the I or the D need not be the MAIN factor but it does need to be a factor. There are too many that have been in congress for too long and the ways have been ingrained in them. They need to GO! So I think the "I" does need to be looked at somewhat. But your right that you need to see what the person stands for. Not just whats being said at election time...but what they really stand for. Look at their lives..their work history...what have they done?? etc etc ..

JustRalph
09-15-2010, 02:27 AM
Rumors online say that the establishment Repubs are super pissed about this and are blaming Palin.

There is a text message being forwarded in Repub circles that was sent by a NRSC (http://www.nrsc.org/) board member that says they are going to "squash" Palin this coming fall. They are tired of her endorsing Tea Party types who are taking out viable i.e. electable Repubs..........

This is going to get nasty. Very nasty.......... NRSC has already said they will not work for ODonnell

Tom
09-15-2010, 07:29 AM
My suggestion - no one make ANY contributions to the RNC. Make to the TEA Party candidates directly. Send a clear message- we do NOT support the party, only the candidates and the philosophy.

Michael Steele has got to go.

ArlJim78
09-15-2010, 09:26 AM
that's good advice Tom, if you don't want your contribution to be squandered then don't send it to the GOP directly. They put the money behind people like Spector, Murkowski, Crist, Loudon, Castle, Lazio. All of them in turn got rejected by their own party for being Rino's.

Better to directly support candidates you like, the ones who are in tough fights against the Democrats and the establishment Repub's.

Robert Goren
09-15-2010, 12:08 PM
Rumors online say that the establishment Repubs are super pissed about this and are blaming Palin.

There is a text message being forwarded in Repub circles that was sent by a NRSC (http://www.nrsc.org/) board member that says they are going to "squash" Palin this coming fall. They are tired of her endorsing Tea Party types who are taking out viable i.e. electable Repubs..........

This is going to get nasty. Very nasty.......... NRSC has already said they will not work for ODonnellLike she cares. The Republicans have courted religious conservatives like O'Donnell for their votes for years. Now when a few them want to run they get all upset. I think most of the tea party people will win. The two who might not are in NV and CA senate races, but even they might win.

DJofSD
09-15-2010, 12:13 PM
Jim, thanks for posting that segment from Hannity's program.

Carl and company can go pound sand. By their very words and actions, they have proven themselves to be contemptable scum. They have put the American people after politics and the party, and, this is why they are not any different than the democrats.

andymays
09-15-2010, 12:17 PM
Cornyn embraces O'Donnell
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0910/Cornyn_embraces_ODonnell.html

Excerpt:

Cornyn:

Let there be no mistake: The National Republican Senatorial Committee – and I personally as the committee’s chairman – strongly stand by all of our Republican nominees, including Christine O’Donnell in Delaware.
I reached out to Christine this morning, and as I have conveyed to all of our nominees, I offered her my personal congratulations and let her know that she has our support. This support includes a check for $42,000 – the maximum allowable donation that we have provided to all of our nominees – which the NRSC will send to her campaign today.

Robert Goren
09-15-2010, 12:17 PM
Jim, thanks for posting that segment from Hannity's program.

Carl and company can go pound sand. By their very words and actions, they have proven themselves to be contemptable scum. They have put the American people after politics and the party, and, this is why they are not any different than the democrats. I have been saying that for years. Too bad you didn't figure it out when they were in power.

DJofSD
09-15-2010, 12:48 PM
I have been saying that for years. Too bad you didn't figure it out when they were in power.
I've known it for many, many years.

I used to contribute money when the CA state republican party would call. But that stopped in the early 1990's. Why, I can't remember any more. But what I do remember is getting telephone solicitations and telling the poor person on the other end, no, go away, don't call me any more. And after them not getting the message, having to get really nasty and obscene. That finally worked.

boxcar
09-15-2010, 04:19 PM
I have been saying that for years. Too bad you didn't figure it out when they were in power.

Huh? Are you implying that it's any different now with YOUR pols in power? With your brand of politicians it's all good. But when "they" were in power, it was all bad?

Boxcar

DJofSD
09-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Pot? Kettle?

mostpost
09-15-2010, 05:27 PM
And in comparison, I will gladly take those three over Pelosi, Reid and Rangle!!!
Guys has more ethics charges then mosquitos in the swamp and he gets re-nominated....but what more could i expect from you libs?? Status quo....lol
This all reminds me of the democrats in '68 and '72. The anti war faction pretty much took over the party. In '68 Eugene McCarthy and his followers were very lukewarm in their support for Humphrey. In '72 McGovern was popular with that segment of the Democratic Party. Not so much the rest of the country.
Tea Party candidates are popular with the far right. The far right is far from being a majority in this country.

PaceAdvantage
09-15-2010, 06:31 PM
Tea Party candidates are popular with the far right. The far right is far from being a majority in this country.Well, something is causing the dems and Obama to poll so poorly...what could it be?

ArlJim78
09-15-2010, 06:46 PM
except for perhaps O'Donnell and she only just got started today, all of these so-called far right tea party candidates are up in the polls against their opponents. so the far right theory goes down in flames.

Native Texan III
09-15-2010, 07:02 PM
What is going to happen when some Teapartyists get elected? Are they going to vote on block with the Republicans? If they stick to their principles they can't often do that, so the Democrats retain effective control with less seats.

In any case, whoever gets elected the debt is now so huge that in a few years the interest alone to foreign countries exceeds 50% of all current Federal tax revenue. Cut taxes and interest goes to 60% , say - not much left for defense or Big Government. Just USA working for decades for foreign countries, or default and the dollar and savings go down the plughole.

fast4522
09-15-2010, 07:08 PM
What is going to happen when some Teapartyists get elected? Are they going to vote on block with the Republicans? If they stick to their principles they can't often do that, so the Democrats retain effective control with less seats.

In any case, whoever gets elected the debt is now so huge that in a few years the interest alone to foreign countries exceeds 50% of all current Federal tax revenue. Cut taxes and interest goes to 60% , say - not much left for defense or Big Government. Just USA working for decades for foreign countries, or default and the dollar and savings go down the plughole.

I think that it is more the case that few things will get passed that are not conservative, meaning Democrats and Republicans will be prevented from doing business of back scratching and both get screwed. Quite fitting indeed, less filth!

andymays
09-15-2010, 07:39 PM
Creepy Harry Reid hands O’Donnell her first general election ad on a silver platter; Updated

http://michellemalkin.com/2010/09/15/creepy-harry-reid-hands-odonnell-her-first-general-election-ad-on-a-silver-platter/

prospector
09-15-2010, 08:01 PM
down payment on the interest and principal could get a huge boost if we stopped all foreign aid...we need that money here..

JustRalph
09-15-2010, 09:47 PM
Rush is right........

HW99MFt1Qgs

Tom
09-15-2010, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by mostpost
Tea Party candidates are popular with the far right. The far right is far from being a majority in this country.

Helloooo, Newman!

Wake up, you're dreaming again! :lol:

ArlJim78
09-15-2010, 10:43 PM
Thats a great clip, I knew Rush would blow a gasket today. He always comes up with a good retort.

I like his simple question, why throw in the towel? If having that seat is of primary importance to the party, why not fight? They would take Castles vote but if that vote comes from O'Donnell they aren't interested?

Tokyo Rove really damaged his reputation.

Tom
09-15-2010, 10:45 PM
Sarah delivers again.

The secretary of state's office said Wednesday that Ayotte had won by 1,667 votes. She had been backed by former Alaska Gov. and vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g8eGgQl_iv2mKFBzEfPP1PV9n8iQD9I8IG5G0

It's NOT DiGiorno...it's delivery.

bigmack
09-15-2010, 10:53 PM
Wanna cracker?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/999-3.jpg

ElKabong
09-16-2010, 12:47 AM
what mosty and his ilk don't understand is, o'donnell is no worse a fool than biden...and he's ok with biden and the restaurant that's been closed for 20 yrs that he somehow drove by every day & commented on the patrons.

Or the GIRD YOUR LOINS moment

Moron.

This is about change. Real change. Not "we're going to do nothing for 18 months but make medical care in the US a joke" kind of change....we're looking for accountability in the LONG RUN from our representatives. Candidates for now are the Cleaning Crew. Nothing more

The Ruling Class is taking a hit. Both sides of the aisle will be affected by the next 2 elections

pandy
09-16-2010, 08:00 AM
The idea that O'Donnell and some of these tea party candidates can't win is nonsense. Have we forgotten that a comedian, Al Frankel, and a wrestler, Jessie Ventura were elected? And President Obama himself was a longshot, he was a Senator for a few months and had no military or executive experience, yet he is now President. These candidates can win.

I remember seeing O'Donnell on Politically Incorrect years ago, she said that she was not going to have intercourse until she was married, which made her look a little nutty considering that she was already in her late 20's. Hopefully she's smarter now.

lamboguy
09-16-2010, 08:36 AM
The idea that O'Donnell and some of these tea party candidates can't win is nonsense. Have we forgotten that a comedian, Al Frankel, and a wrestler, Jessie Ventura were elected? And President Obama himself was a longshot, he was a Senator for a few months and had no military or executive experience, yet he is now President. These candidates can win.

I remember seeing O'Donnell on Politically Incorrect years ago, she said that she was not going to have intercourse until she was married, which made her look a little nutty considering that she was already in her late 20's. Hopefully she's smarter now.the funny thing is that she is probably better than the cast u listed above, i hope she gets elected, i am going to give her $100 donation and don't know a thing about her, just like her style. i just hope she is sincere

pandy
09-16-2010, 09:06 AM
I'm with you, I hope she wins.

andymays
09-16-2010, 09:37 AM
Election 2010: Delaware Senate

Delaware Senate: Coons (D) 53%, O’Donnell (R) 42%

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2010/election_2010_senate_elections/delaware/election_2010_delaware_senate

jballscalls
09-16-2010, 01:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzHcqcXo_NA&feature=player_embedded#!

this is funny! i love the fashion of the early 90's!!

Tom
09-16-2010, 01:51 PM
You'd have loved the 60's!

fast4522
09-16-2010, 02:14 PM
OK not so bad, who is going to post a video from the cube around the same time frame?

pandy
09-16-2010, 05:23 PM
That video doesn't surprise me after seeing her on Politically Incorrect years ago. I remember thinking, how long does she think people live? She was almost 30 and swearing off sex until she found the right guy and got married, meanwhile she could have gotten hit by a bus when she walked out of the studio and would've never known what it was to have made love. Foolish. But balancing a budget has nothing to do with sex, so maybe this is a moot point.

JustRalph
09-16-2010, 10:24 PM
We all evolve

Nothing surprises me anymore

She cannot be any worse than the parade of ivy leaguers that have been leading the country the last 25 years

bigmack
09-16-2010, 10:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzHcqcXo_NA&feature=player_embedded#!
Maddow & MSNBC doing what they do best. I seem to remember her interviewing Rand Paul. They re-ran the interview dozens of times and made it seem like he would clearly lose in November. He's now up by 15.

Tom
09-17-2010, 07:32 AM
Forget the riff raff of leftist TV land.
Tuesday night, she had $20,000 in her bankroll.
Rush commented that if all his listeners each sent in $1, show would have a million buck.

This morning, she has $1.35 million and counting.

Oh yeah, and Palin - the quitter? - is no 25-11 in candidates she endorses.

Not bad for a small group of racists, huh?

pandy
09-17-2010, 07:55 AM
She is getting a lot of publicity, and although the media is trying their hardest to make her look like some sort of fanatic, this publicity is only going to help her. A few days ago hardly anyone knew who she was, now as you mentioned she has a lot more campaign money, plus she is fast becoming famous.

Mike at A+
09-17-2010, 09:07 AM
In all honesty, she doesn't come off as the sharpest tool in the shed but given the fact that a true airhead like Nancy Pelosi could rise to Speaker of the House, anything is possible. When I heard Pelosi refer to the tax cuts as the "Obama tax cuts for the middle class", I wanted to reach into the TV, grab her by her hair and bitch slap some sense into her. She has to be one of the absolute dumbest people on the planet. Other gems like "we have to pass the bill to see what's in it" confirm that Pelosi is from another world.

boxcar
09-17-2010, 12:06 PM
In all honesty, she doesn't come off as the sharpest tool in the shed but given the fact that a true airhead like Nancy Pelosi could rise to Speaker of the House, anything is possible. When I heard Pelosi refer to the tax cuts as the "Obama tax cuts for the middle class", I wanted to reach into the TV, grab her by her hair and bitch slap some sense into her. She has to be one of the absolute dumbest people on the planet. Other gems like "we have to pass the bill to see what's in it" confirm that Pelosi is from another world.

But who is more stupid to let Pelosi get away with this rubbish? The Party of Stupid, of course! The Republicans should not allow her to hijack the language and issue like that because Obama wouldn't be cutting anything. He would just be keeping the current tax rates in place, if they adopt this scheme. He wouldn't allow them to increase taxes for a certain segment of the population, that's all.

Boxcar

ArlJim78
09-17-2010, 02:28 PM
great
http://media.hotair.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/ramirez-teaparty.jpg

46zilzal
09-17-2010, 02:36 PM
All the Koch's money is letting the loonies out of the looney bin much like the movie The King of Hearts.

boxcar
09-17-2010, 03:52 PM
All the Koch's money is letting the loonies out of the looney bin much like the movie The King of Hearts.

Are you speaking from your personal experience, which you value so much? You'd certainly be a loony authority, wouldn't you?

Boxcar

redshift1
09-17-2010, 04:01 PM
I must admit I had no idea THE SECRET OF NIMH was a documentary.

PaceAdvantage
09-17-2010, 06:48 PM
All the Koch's money is letting the loonies out of the looney bin much like the movie The King of Hearts.Tough.

46zilzal
09-17-2010, 06:58 PM
Tough.
Now if only the Koch brothers would provide safe working conditions in all their pipeline ventures...Their plants have a habit of blowing up and One of the brother sits on the board of Sloan Kettering and at the same time fights tooth and nail to block the designation of many of the chemicals his plant produces as the carcinogens they are......What a putz

His company in Corpus Christi was fined 352 million under the Clean Air Act (97 counts of releasing a known carcinogen into water from a refinery) unitl the RUTABAGA just happened to forget about it because of their donations to his being king, During the 90;s his company was responsible for over 300 oil spills from fautly pipelines and another 8 million was fined for polluting oil directly into Minnesota stream water.

fast4522
09-17-2010, 06:59 PM
The power of Palin once again. heh, heh, heh.

Take notes, dems, and clean up your own party like the conservatives are doing. We're b-a-a-a-a-a-a-ck!

Repubs never win without the conservative vote.
Looks like Sara and Rush pretty much are influencing that.

Big difference of opinion today between Rush and Schnitt on her.
Good to see that the right is capable of thinking and not goose-stepping in
line, like the left does. :lol:

You do not progress if you always swallow the party line.

na na nana, na na nana, hey, hey, good-bye!

I can not help but feel that Tom was way out in front of this gal Sara before I or many others were believers, to which we are all now becoming.

GO SARA!

DRIVEWAY
09-18-2010, 02:13 PM
http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/09/18/christine-odonnell-on-politically-incorrect-i-dabbled-into/?icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl1%7Csec3_lnk2%7C171377

She developed a cure for homosexuality, she's taken a stand against masterbation and now she's dabbling in witchcraft. :rolleyes:

DJofSD
09-18-2010, 02:21 PM
http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/09/18/christine-odonnell-on-politically-incorrect-i-dabbled-into/?icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl1%7Csec3_lnk2%7C171377

She developed a cure for homosexuality, she's taken a stand against masterbation and now she's dabbling in witchcraft. :rolleyes:

Dabbling in witchcraft is anti-Christian which should make her the darling of the left.

TJDave
09-18-2010, 02:56 PM

http://www.borowitzreport.com/2010/09/17/delaware-masturbators-march-against-odonnell/

“In this economy, masturbation is one of the few simple pleasures people still can afford.” :lol:

bigmack
09-18-2010, 03:05 PM
The Koch's, snow in Tasmania? Lappin' it up lately, huh?

You shootin' it directly in the veins or orally?

http://www.stormy.org/gifs/mindcont.gif

redshift1
09-18-2010, 03:29 PM
Senate hopeful O'Donnell cancels national TV spots. She's pretty busy with a picnic tomorrow.

Tom
09-18-2010, 04:09 PM
Probably busy counting the 1.5+ million bucks she has taken in since Tuesday night.

TJDave
09-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Probably busy counting the 1.5+ million bucks she has taken in since Tuesday night.

She'd better watch herself. Counting that much cash would give me a woody. Then I'd have to do something I might later regret. :rolleyes:

DRIVEWAY
09-18-2010, 04:25 PM

And they say a sucker is born every day. Move over PT Barnum here comes Christine O'Donnell. 1.5 Million suckers in one day.

JustRalph
09-18-2010, 04:44 PM

she may be nuts.........but that still makes her a better candidate than the one she beat and the Dem........she can't possibly do more damage than those two

bigmack
09-18-2010, 04:44 PM
And they say a sucker is born every day. Move over PT Barnum here comes Christine O'Donnell. 1.5 Million suckers in one day.
PT never said that:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There's_a_sucker_born_every_minute

& how did you figure each person donated a buck? Seems kinda stupid.

Tom
09-18-2010, 04:47 PM
PT never said that:

Humor him, they have so little these days! :lol:

DRIVEWAY
09-18-2010, 04:55 PM
PT never said that:

Oh, I think you get the point. Did you contribute? Please say you did.:lol:

jognlope
09-18-2010, 04:58 PM
She's too smooth and seems to feel she can smooth over using campaign funds for rent, personal expenses, etc. She smiles too much, don't trust her.

bigmack
09-18-2010, 05:00 PM
Oh, I think you get the point. Did you contribute? Please say you did.:lol:
Let the record reflect: You say folk who donated are fools and logic says you're stupid. Tough to argue with logic. :rolleyes:

DRIVEWAY
09-18-2010, 05:02 PM
Let the record reflect: You say folk who donated are fools and logic says you're stupid. Tough to argue with logic. :rolleyes:

Why can't you admit that you contributed.

bigmack
09-18-2010, 05:05 PM
Why can't you admit that you contributed.
I have a standing policy not to support any candidate who opposes masturbation.

Don't knock masturbation, it's sex with someone I love.
'Woody' Allen

DRIVEWAY
09-18-2010, 05:08 PM
I have a standing policy not to support any candidate who opposes masturbation.

Don't knock masturbation, it's sex with someone I love.
'Woody' Allen

Maybe Woody can moderate her senatorial debates. If your in attendance, just don't shake his hand.

Tom
09-18-2010, 05:31 PM
Bottom line, Sarah went hunting and shot a rino. :lol:

Pell Mell
09-18-2010, 05:46 PM
She's too smooth and seems to feel she can smooth over using campaign funds for rent, personal expenses, etc. She smiles too much, don't trust her.

Better to smile than look like Biden who's face suggests he suffers from "Lockjaw of the Ass".

Rookies
09-18-2010, 10:33 PM
she may be nuts.........but that still makes her a better candidate than the one she beat and the Dem........she can't possibly do more damage than those two

"She may be nuts" Ya think ? Unless witchcraft and masturbation are key policy planks in the Tea Party election manual.:lol:

Down double digits already and this bit of lunacy hasn't even been polled yet. I'll give Rove credit. He knows his loons !

This Tea Party torchbearer-nutter is done like dinner.

bigmack
09-18-2010, 10:47 PM
"She may be nuts" Ya think ? Unless witchcraft and masturbation are key policy planks in the Tea Party election manual.:lol
(Tape rewind sound effect) I 'member a time when one of your kind, one of your 'leaders of thought' called Scott Brown a reactionary, sexist, tea baggin', homophobic...& on & on. (Olbermann)

I also 'member a time when one of your other thought leaders supposedly exposed Rand Paul as being racist. (Maddow) He's now up by 16.

Now your clan instructs you to marginalize O'Donnell.

With the track record you goofs have going she's a shoe-in. :D

Rookies
09-18-2010, 10:53 PM
She's a shoo-in loser, BM!

And, it's NEVER a good thing to be ducking so early, days after you put up the 'W'.

Fox News had booked O'Donnell on Thursday. Marty Ryan, executive producer of "Fox News Sunday," said in a statement that the campaign canceled late Friday, saying she was exhausted and returning to Delaware.

"On Saturday morning, O'Donnell called us and said: 'I got triple-booked. I had been invited to go to church and then a picnic.:lol: :lol: :lol: I have to keep my priorities to Delaware voters,'" Ryan said. "The invitation to have her appear on the show remains open."

Banister said the decision was solely a scheduling issue and not because O'Donnell wasn't prepared to go on the programs. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Separately, "Face the Nation" host Bob Schieffer said that program received an e-mail Saturday morning canceling O'Donnell's appearance without explanation. But the campaign later called to say that O'Donnell had some campaign events.

"I can't remember when anybody has canceled on us on a Saturday, but there's always a first," he said. "If she can work it in sometime, we'll be happy to have her."

Right...Better vet that witchy/masterbatey stuff asap...:rolleyes:

boxcar
09-18-2010, 11:28 PM
Hey, Rooks, you should do yourself a favor and layoff the laughing gas. You're liable to rupture or break something internally.

Boxcar

Rookies
09-18-2010, 11:56 PM
Hey, Rooks, you should do yourself a favor and layoff the laughing gas. You're liable to rupture or break something internally.

Boxcar

NO KIDDING BOXCAR!

And O'Donnell is that gas. Maher has promised to dredge up more golden oldies until she appears on his program. :lol: I'm convinced that Darth Vader knew EVERYTHING about her background and was trying to undermine her as they went to the primary finish line.

HE is no fool- that devil!

She may the wild card that brings down the Tea Party.

Tom
09-19-2010, 12:03 AM
Right...Better vet that witchy/masterbatey stuff asap...:rolleyes:

Q1...is she a libeal?
Q2...does she support OBama?
Q3...when can she start?

Vetted.

DRIVEWAY
09-19-2010, 10:16 AM
Q1...is she a libeal?
Q2...does she support OBama?
Q3...when can she start?

Vetted.

Christine O'Donnell speaks:
'One Of My First Dates With A Witch Was On A Satanic Altar'

"It is not enough to be abstinent with other people, you also have to be be abstinent alone. The Bible says that lust in your heart is committing adultery, so you can't masturbate without lust."

"God may choose to heal someone from cancer, yet that person still has a great deal of medical bills. The outstanding bills do not determine whether or not the patient has been healed by God."

"A candidate said several years ago, 'I'm not concerned the reason you vote for me as long as you vote for me.'"
- Press Conference (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFnI3obNpAo), in response to a reporter asking if she'd send out bikini photos to gain votes.

"America is now a socialist economy. The definition of a socialist economy is when 50% or more your economy is dependent on the federal government."
- Campaign Speech (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCAEQha-3Rk&feature=player_embedded)

The Tea Party should have their own line on the ballot. Their party platform would be something to behold! Their animal of choice could be the Grizzly or the Wolf?

jognlope
09-19-2010, 10:32 AM
Colin Powell and Bill Clinton are saying it on Meet the Press: You have to bring specifics, an agenda, not just rhetoric. I have not heard one proposal or specific from any tea party members, but I don't listen to them much have to admit.

DJofSD
09-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Colin Powell and Bill Clinton are saying it on Meet the Press: You have to bring specifics, an agenda, not just rhetoric. I have not heard one proposal or specific from any tea party members, but I don't listen to them much have to admit.
You aren't paying attention.

Stop the spending. Everything else flows from there.

prospector
09-19-2010, 10:49 AM
thats okay..the dems and rinos weren't either..
CAN YOU HEAR THEM NOW!!

that sound is rinos and dems being flushed....

PhantomOnTour
09-19-2010, 10:52 AM
Don't know if someone has posted this yet, but I just saw a clip on CNN from 1999 where O'donnell admits to 'dabbling' in witchcraft and 'hanging around' people who were into it. Think it was a clip from 'Politically Incorrect'...was that Bill Maher's show?

My apologies ya'll...I see the witchcraft topic has been brought up. Long long thread and I didn't read it fully before posting.

Tom
09-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Dabbling in witchcraft pales when compared to being the anti-Christ, as Obama certainly is! And his wife, the wicked witch of the west. :kiss:

Tom
09-19-2010, 12:15 PM
"A candidate said several years ago, 'I'm not concerned the reason you vote for me as long as you vote for me.'"
- Press Conference (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFnI3obNpAo), in response to a reporter asking if she'd send out bikini photos to gain votes.

Honest answer to a stupid question.
Anything you have listed here is far more acceptable than the crap out of Obama and Biden's mouths.

I wonder when any of her detractors will post something about a real campaign issue, or just keep on trying to Palinize here. That worked out so well for them before.....:lol:

ArlJim78
09-19-2010, 12:45 PM
at the federal level we have liars, tax cheats, felons, former kkk, adulters, corruption, a guy that had a gay brothel in his apartment, a president with domestic terrorists for friends, etc, etc.

normally there is almost universal consensus that the bums should be thrown out, that they're all bad.

yet when the tea party makes a diligent effort to throw out the old cronies, you find that the liberals, the media, comedians, and the cocktail and countryclub republicans all band together to mock and ridicule any of the new people. Average people who are fed up and dared to stand up to the elites.

nope, we can't have that says the establishment. i mean the level of discourse is on the level of Beavis and Butthead. "heh heh, heh heh, she said masturbation."
Where is the perspective? I mean our presidents mentor is a racist hate monger, yet the same people willing to give that a pass become apoplectic because this woman said she once dabbled in witchcraft. (which was a line taken out of context)

change doesn't happen overnight, you have to first start by voting out the people who are in there. then, the next step is to vote out the ones who don't perform. we just need to have some more changeover in congress and for that to happen we have to open things up to different types of people, not the same old, same old, rich connected elites who say one thing and do another.

DJofSD
09-19-2010, 12:49 PM
at the federal level we have liars, tax cheats, felons, former kkk, adulters, corruption, a guy that had a gay brothel in his apartment, a president with domestic terrorists for friends, etc, etc.

OK, that's enough about Barney. What about the rest of 'em?

jognlope
09-19-2010, 12:55 PM
Stop what spending? That's what they were saying. Anyone can say stop spending.

Rookies
09-19-2010, 01:15 PM

normally there is almost universal consensus that the bums should be thrown out, that they're all bad.

yet when the tea party makes a diligent effort to throw out the old cronies, you find that the liberals, the media, comedians, and the cocktail and countryclub republicans all band together to mock and ridicule any of the new people. Average people who are fed up and dared to stand up to the elites.

nope, we can't have that says the establishment. i mean the level of discourse is on the level of Beavis and Butthead. "heh heh, heh heh, she said masturbation."
Where is the perspective? I mean our presidents mentor is a racist hate monger, yet the same people willing to give that a pass become apoplectic because this woman said she once dabbled in witchcraft. (which was a line taken out of context)

change doesn't happen overnight, you have to first start by voting out the people who are in there. then, the next step is to vote out the ones who don't perform. we just need to have some more changeover in congress and for that to happen we have to open things up to different types of people, not the same old, same old, rich connected elites who say one thing and do another.

That's not the issue Jim. The issue is that O'Donnell IS/WAS 'Beavis & Butthead'! She's the one featured on Maher (with many more cameos to come) prattling on like an Okie from Witch-cokee. SHE chose to appear and contribute to that type of TV reality, insanity fare that has become bread and circuses for the North American masses.

Now that it is coming back to bite her in the ass (perhaps a bad choice of words in this situation:D ), all the cons are out of their closets to decry the hammering she's taking. The fact is that nascent movements make mistakes- many of them. And the Tea Party did ZERO due diligence, much to the consternation of lifetime cons like Rove and has FUBARed this election result.

If they pick a few more of these waaay out of the mainstream candidates with their very peculair views, that is what they're going to be stamped with. The gang who doesn't have the smarts to ensure that all their candidate are not off the edge.

Of course, maybe they don't care. Political purity is their only litmus test. Time will tell.

Mike at A+
09-19-2010, 01:24 PM
Hey, if Obama's abuse of cocaine didn't "bite him in the ass", why should this? Is there a double standard? Yes, but it's tolerated by fewer and fewer as it gets more exposure. Someday soon the playing field will be level. Until then, we're stuck with a cokehead president and a bunch of whiners on the left showing how stupid they are.

DRIVEWAY
09-19-2010, 03:08 PM
Honest answer to a stupid question.
Anything you have listed here is far more acceptable than the crap out of Obama and Biden's mouths.

I wonder when any of her detractors will post something about a real campaign issue, or just keep on trying to Palinize here. That worked out so well for them before.....:lol:

What is COD'd position on abortion when it comes to women that have been raped or are the victims of incest?

She told a JCC audience that she opposes all abortions except if a woman is going to die, in which case her family could decide which life to save.

After the rape or incest victim gives birth they can then have the option of giving the child up for adoption.

So Tom, do you agree with her position or are you going to sidestep or minimize this issue? A real zealot would save the baby and let her die. Are you a real zealot?

JustRalph
09-19-2010, 03:25 PM
OK, that's enough about Barney. What about the rest of 'em?

Great post! :lol: :lol:

After all of this crap, dating a witch or dabbling in Witchcraft seems like baby shit...... :lol: Hell, I loved Elizabeth Montgomery............

I had a girl that worked for me for a couple years in a Tech Support Call center who told us in her interview she was a member of a coven. She was a damn good tech but a little weird. She believed in people being cursed etc ...

Tom
09-19-2010, 03:31 PM
What is COD'd position on abortion when it comes to women that have been raped or are the victims of incest?

She told a JCC audience that she opposes all abortions except if a woman is going to die, in which case her family could decide which life to save.

After the rape or incest victim gives birth they can then have the option of giving the child up for adoption.

So Tom, do you agree with her position or are you going to sidestep or minimize this issue? A real zealot would save the baby and let her die. Are you a real zealot?

Abortion is NOT a key issue.
1 Smaller Government
2 Lower taxes (fiscal responsibility)
3 Strong national defense.

Reagan's three legged stool.
All else is secondary.

Tell, do you agree with every position on every candidate?
OR that just a talking point (rhetorical).

Tom
09-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Stop what spending? That's what they were saying. Anyone can say stop spending.

You really don't listen much to any of them, do you?:rolleyes:

Tom
09-19-2010, 03:36 PM
I had a girl that worked for me for a couple years in a Tech Support Call center who told us in her interview she was a member of a coven. She was a damn good tech but a little weird. She believed in people being cursed etc ...

Funny how little tolerance the left has...anything to avoid the real issues, like DRIVEWAY tried to do. And of course, the foreign input, as irrelevant as it is.

jognlope
09-19-2010, 05:38 PM
I listen and hear nothing but slogans and rhetoric, with no substance, so I switch channels.

Robert Goren
09-19-2010, 05:47 PM
Can you imagine the uproar the right would raise about a democrat who admitted dealing with dabbling in witchcraft?

fast4522
09-19-2010, 06:21 PM
Can you imagine the uproar the right would raise about a democrat who admitted dealing with dabbling in witchcraft?

Can you imagine the uproar of young intelligent people just out of high school and college who will vote this November believing that unfit heathens have sold them down the river in the last two years? I will go so far to say that the Tea Party is going to get much bigger and buckle your seat belts on who they will elect or eject from The United Stated Congress.

Tom
09-19-2010, 07:19 PM

Compared to dabbling in socialism, no big deal.

DRIVEWAY
09-19-2010, 08:23 PM
Abortion is NOT a key issue.
1 Smaller Government
2 Lower taxes (fiscal responsibility)
3 Strong national defense.

Reagan's three legged stool.
All else is secondary.

Tell, do you agree with every position on every candidate?
OR that just a talking point (rhetorical).

A boiler plate answer, dodging the issue of abortion, is very little in the way of a response.

Do you honestly believe this woman will makes government smaller, be fiscally responsible or knows the first thing about the nation's defense?

Christine O'Donnell is an opportunist that will say or do anything to get ahead.
Add in all the crazy things already said or done by her and you have another person who will do nothing but feather their own nest. The Federal Election Commitee has been questioning her use of campaign funds for some time now.
Can you imagine what she and her associates will do with 1.5 Million in contributions? She's all yours to defend.

redshift1
09-19-2010, 08:52 PM
A boiler plate answer, dodging the issue of abortion, is very little in the way of a response.

Do you honestly believe this woman will makes government smaller, be fiscally responsible or knows the first thing about the nation's defense?

Christine O'Donnell is an opportunist that will say or do anything to get ahead.
Add in all the crazy things already said or done by her and you have another person who will do nothing but feather their own nest. The Federal Election Commitee has been questioning her use of campaign funds for some time now.
Can you imagine what she and her associates will do with 1.5 Million in contributions? She's all yours to defend.

The current best defense by republicans for O'Donnell is that she will rubberstamp any conservative christian legislation thus helping the overall party.

They have virtually abandoned defending her recent history and are grappling with ways to minimize her overall negative impact on the party. The last thing the republican party wants is for her to be perceived as the poster-child for conservative christians.

PaceAdvantage
09-19-2010, 08:55 PM
She may the wild card that brings down the Tea Party.You mean all those claims of racism haven't worked yet?

PaceAdvantage
09-19-2010, 08:59 PM
Can you imagine the uproar the right would raise about a democrat who admitted dealing with dabbling in witchcraft?Uproar? Really...UPROAR? Why?

Who gives a shit?

We elected a coke-snorting, dope smoking, inexperienced guy who hung around with terrorists and racists...

Anything goes after that...

boxcar
09-19-2010, 09:06 PM

You are totally shot! You raise the specter of a piddly 1.5 million when the government can't figure out where billions upon billions in TARP money went for which the Dems voted. :bang: :bang: This is the best you can do? You're pathetic, too! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Boxcar

DRIVEWAY
09-19-2010, 09:12 PM
You are totally shot! You raise the specter of a piddly 1.5 million when the government can't figure out where billions upon billions in TARP money went for which the Dems voted. :bang: :bang: This is the best you can do? You're pathetic, too! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Is this the way the messenger of God speaks? You sound like a demon on fire.
Quick find an elephant to whizz on Boxcar!

Tom
09-19-2010, 10:02 PM

Yes- by doing all that one in Congress can do - voting the right way on bills. What else would you expect her to do? The rino she beat voted the wrong way far too often. She doesn't have to know about the nation's defense - the congress dosen't run that.

Are you under the impression that Nancy Pelosi is some kind of military genius? Do you suppose Pelosi has made us safer?

Tom
09-19-2010, 10:07 PM

No dodge, my position on abortion has been clear for years here and has never changed. I am against it, I believe it is murder. As far as the mother's life being in danger, then yes, she has more of a right than the baby. Rape, no, sorry.

Abortion is NOT a main issue. No matter how hard you libs try to use it to deflect discussion the real issues.

boxcar
09-19-2010, 10:18 PM
Is this the way the messenger of God speaks? You sound like a demon on fire.
Quick find an elephant to whizz on Boxcar!

You're confused as usual. Do you want me to "whizz" on your elephant or burn him with fire? :rolleyes:

Yeah, and this is the way I speak when someone strains at tiny gnats only to swallow a double-humped camel. If that isn't pathetic, then nothing in this world is! :rolleyes:

Boxcar

DRIVEWAY
09-19-2010, 10:38 PM
No dodge, my position on abortion has been clear for years here and has never changed. I am against it, I believe it is murder. As far as the mother's life being in danger, then yes, she has more of a right than the baby. Rape, no, sorry.

Abortion is NOT a main issue. No matter how hard you libs try to use it to deflect discussion the real issues.

Well at least your sorry.

The real issues are that the previous Republican/Conservative government spent like a drunken sailor, lowering taxes at the same time and started a war in Iraq that was unjustified and expensive. They marched this country to economic disaster. They were so bad that we wind up with a 100% Democratic government with the most liberal president ever. Bush's incompetance gave birth to the Obama disaster. If the Republicans fail to take over the Senate by one seat and that seat is lost in Delaware, then this O'Donnell quack will be the reason. Castle may have been a Rino, but Republican control of the Senate would have made it worthwhile.
The Republicans were supposed to be fiscally responsible. The only way to protect against government is to have a complete logjam. A split government like in the mid 90's is best. Crackpots like Pelosi, Bunning, Franken and this new group of Tea Party reactionary conservatives need all disappear.
Most of these Tea Party candidates would either gut or eliminate Social Security and Medicare. Right now 9% of the elderly live below the poverty line. If the Tea Baggers had their way and gutted Social Security/Medicare that percentage would surge to 46%.
We need responsible people in government. Christine O'Donnell is not responsible and Delaware will not elect her.

DRIVEWAY
09-19-2010, 10:47 PM
You're confused as usual. Do you want me to "whizz" on your elephant or burn him with fire? :rolleyes:

Yeah, and this is the way I speak when someone strains at tiny gnats only to swallow a double-humped camel. If that isn't pathetic, then nothing in this world is! :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Boxcar now you're having a little temper tantrum. Take your medicine with some warm milk.

P.S.
Change your diaper before they strap you in for the night.

Tom
09-19-2010, 11:03 PM
If you paid attention, DRIVEWAY, you would know that O'Donnell is the winner because the republicans were rejected. Duh. Been going on for a while now.

As far as spending, Bush spend about 10% what the current dems have spend in a year and a half. That Bush spending is a tired old argument - more of the same old same old dem BS that gets spread around like manure.

You seem agitated......Sarah getting to you?:lol:
Interesting, how after a year and half, none of the libs here can do any more than point fingers and assign blame - like Obama has done nothing good to use as an argument. Ooops. My bad. He hasn't! :lol:

boxcar
09-19-2010, 11:05 PM
Boxcar now you're having a little temper tantrum. Take your medicine with some warm milk.

P.S.
Change your diaper before they strap you in for the night.

This is all you have? This is your great witty comeback? You make one of those gnats look smart. Congratulations. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

ArlJim78
09-19-2010, 11:35 PM
Take the quiz (http://pajamasmedia.com/zombie/2010/09/19/take-the-christine-odonnelljimmy-carter-quiz/?singlepage=true). Who made these statements, revered icon of the left Jimmah Carter, or Christine O'Donnell?

redshift1
09-20-2010, 12:05 AM
Take the quiz (http://pajamasmedia.com/zombie/2010/09/19/take-the-christine-odonnelljimmy-carter-quiz/?singlepage=true). Who made these statements, revered icon of the left Jimmah Carter, or Christine O'Donnell?

Comparing the sentence structure, thought process and vocabulary the disparity is obvious.

PaceAdvantage
09-20-2010, 12:34 PM
Take the quiz (http://pajamasmedia.com/zombie/2010/09/19/take-the-christine-odonnelljimmy-carter-quiz/?singlepage=true). Who made these statements, revered icon of the left Jimmah Carter, or Christine O'Donnell?Wow...Jimmy sure sounds like one o' doze RIGHT-WING fundamentalist conservative CHRISTIANS in some o' doze quotes...a born again dude like George W. Bush... :lol:

Have they kicked poor Jimmy out of the party of Democrats yet?

Tom
09-20-2010, 02:10 PM
Rush made a good point today - we know much more about O'Donnell that we do about O'bama. Who really knows what he has dabbled in?

Did I hear the word "vetted" thrown about earlier in this thread? :D

PaceAdvantage
09-20-2010, 02:43 PM
Rush made a good point today - we know much more about O'Donnell that we do about O'bama. Who really knows what he has dabbled in?

Did I hear the word "vetted" thrown about earlier in this thread? :DStop trying to make sense. I threw this out there many replies ago and nobody had an answer for me...

We elected a guy who dabbled in cocaine when he had the money (pot and booze I suppose when he didn't)...elected him to the highest office in the land...and now we're going to shriek in horror at the prospect of having a woman in the senate who had a brush with witchcraft a gazillion years ago?

Left wingers...please spare us the lesson in comedy...even I can't laugh this much at your lame hypocrisy.

highnote
09-20-2010, 02:44 PM
And people thought Hillary was a witch. LOL

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20100920/el_yblog_upshot/witchcraft-comments-from-past-haunt-christine-odonnell

JustRalph
09-20-2010, 04:55 PM
And people thought Hillary was a witch. LOL

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20100920/el_yblog_upshot/witchcraft-comments-from-past-haunt-christine-odonnell

check your hearing............. it starts with a B not a W

pandy
09-20-2010, 06:02 PM
Good point on Rush today about how woman politicians, especially conservatives, are held to an entirely different standard than men. Even Hillary was demonized to a certain extent when she ran against Obama. The media and the elite hate female politicians.

ArlJim78
09-20-2010, 06:32 PM
Good point on Rush today about how woman politicians, especially conservatives, are held to an entirely different standard than men. Even Hillary was demonized to a certain extent when she ran against Obama. The media and the elite hate female politicians.
so true, and where are the womens rights groups on this? it is a blatant double standard, especially for conservative women.

highnote
09-21-2010, 12:00 AM
check your hearing............. it starts with a B not a W

LOL -- she may be both. :D

redshift1
09-21-2010, 03:06 PM
Days after canceling appearances on two Sunday talk shows, Christine O'Donnell will sit down with Fox News Channel personality Sean Hannity, the network announced Tuesday.

About the safest course for O'donnell, an opportunity to address and assuage conservative voters. Future interviews may not be so familial.

Robert Goren
09-21-2010, 03:33 PM
so true, and where are the womens rights groups on this? it is a blatant double standard, especially for conservative women.I don't know if that is true. Most women's rights groups have pass/fail on one issue, Abortion. Find a conservative/tea party woman who is pro choice, then you might have case. A lot of women's groups do not believe you can be pro woman and pro life at the same time. I am not saying I agree with them and most certainly do not want to get into the Pro choice/Pro life debate here, but just stating their positions.

Robert Goren
09-21-2010, 03:37 PM
Days after canceling appearances on two Sunday talk shows, Christine O'Donnell will sit down with Fox News Channel personality Sean Hannity, the network announced Tuesday.

About the safest course for O'donnell, an opportunity to address and assuage conservative voters. Future interviews may not be so familial. This would be like Obama sitting down with Keith Olbermann.;)

Mike at A+
09-21-2010, 03:40 PM
I don't know if that is true. Most women's rights groups have pass/fail on one issue, Abortion. Find a conservative/tea party woman who is pro choice, then you might have case. A lot of women's groups do not believe you can be pro woman and pro life at the same time. I am not saying I agree with them and most certainly do not want to get into the Pro choice/Pro life debate here, but just stating their positions.
I personally know several conservative women who are pro-choice so I would conclude that a significant percentage of conservative/tea party women are also pro-choice. Taking this a step further, I know many conservative people who are quite liberal when it comes to social issues. I think this is one of the main differences between Republicans and Democrats.

Tom
09-21-2010, 03:40 PM
He might get wet if he did.
The Tingler might have an accident.

bigmack
09-21-2010, 03:42 PM
About the safest course for O'donnell, an opportunity to address and assuage conservative voters. Future interviews may not be so familial.
Oooo boy, if she went on Rachel Maddow could you imagine? Rachel is a real bull....ummm, dog. Yeah, that's it. She's a bulldog.

Mike at A+
09-21-2010, 03:46 PM
Oooo boy, if she went on Rachel Maddow could you imagine? Rachel is a real bull....ummm, dog. Yeah, that's it. She's a bulldog.
If anyone looks like a witch it's Maddow. In fact she resembles the Witch of the West in Wizard of Oz. I'll get you my little pretty - with my double dong vibrator.

Robert Goren
09-21-2010, 04:02 PM
I personally know several conservative women who are pro-choice so I would conclude that a significant percentage of conservative/tea party women are also pro-choice. Taking this a step further, I know many conservative people who are quite liberal when it comes to social issues. I think this is one of the main differences between Republicans and Democrats. There are a few Pro Life elected democrats(Sen Ben Nelson D-NE for one) around. I can't think of any Pro choice "tea party" women candidates. Although I believe Scott Brown is pro choice, but I could be wrong.

chickenhead
09-21-2010, 04:04 PM
Taking this a step further, I know many conservative people who are quite liberal when it comes to social issues. I think this is one of the main differences between Republicans and Democrats.

Libertarianism on one side, and an intolerant strain of Religious Socialism on the other would be the only two pure poles for politics. One would be for max individual freedom, trying to never tell you what you can't do, the other would want to regulate everything both fiscal and social, and always tell you what you can't do.

The Democrats and Republicans platforms both take half their ideology from each, the Democrats take the fiscal side from the socialists and their social side from libertarians -- and the Republicans take their fiscal side from the libertarians and their social side from the Religious.

And thusly, having carved things up in an intractible way, remain in power.

The parties themselves are built on weird contradictory principles, and naturally both have members that are weird combinations of both. The conservative people who are socially liberal have a pretty coherent philosophy. And the liberals that are socially conservative (lots of blacks and hispanics, Southern whites, etc) do too. More coherent than the parties they usually vote for, anyway.

Robert Goren
09-21-2010, 04:06 PM
He might get wet if he did.
The Tingler might have an accident.That is probably the reason O'Donnell is going on Hannity instead of O'Reilly.:rolleyes:

Mike at A+
09-21-2010, 04:08 PM
There are a few Pro Life elected democrats(Sen Ben Nelson D-NE for one) around. I can't think of any Pro choice "tea party" women candidates. Although I believe Scott Brown is pro choice, but I could be wrong.
I was talking about Tea Party members (people at the rallies) and not the candidates themselves.

Mike at A+
09-21-2010, 04:10 PM
I'd love to see this woman pull off the upset and then show up for her first day of work with a broomstick and pointy hat just to rub it in.

JustRalph
09-21-2010, 05:41 PM
I'd love to see this woman pull off the upset and then show up for her first day of work with a broomstick and pointy hat just to rub it in.

now that would be great :lol:

PaceAdvantage
09-22-2010, 02:37 AM
I think it was Mark Levin yesterday who reminded us all about Hillary Clinton's séances in the White House...and here she is, SECRETARY OF STATE.

So we have a woman who was trying to conjure up the DEAD so she could have a conversation...and she's now SOS...we have a man who was snorting cocaine whenever he could...he's now POTUS.

But a chick who dabbled in some armchair witchcraft WAY BACK in the day is gonna take shit from here until the end of time just because she wants to be a US Senator...

You tell me...why?

Channeling Eleanor

Though she has dismissed it as an intellectual exercise, Hillary can expect to again be derided for what journalist Bob Woodward first reported as a "seance" with Eleanor Roosevelt. At the prompting of New Age guru Jean Houston, Hillary engaged in fantasy chats with Roosevelt and Mahatma Gandhi, two of the First Lady's heroes. While not on par with Nancy Reagan's regular consultations with psychics, the Houston sessions still might unnerve more rational voters. Makes you wonder with whom Giuliani, if given the chance, would dream of carrying on a conversation. Fiorello La Guardia? Thomas Dewey? Donna Hanover? http://www.villagevoice.com/1999-06-15/news/the-hillary-clinton-cheat-sheet/

fast4522
09-22-2010, 06:48 AM
I think it was Mark Levin yesterday who reminded us all about Hillary Clinton's séances in the White House...and here she is, SECRETARY OF STATE.

So we have a woman who was trying to conjure up the DEAD so she could have a conversation...and she's now SOS...we have a man who was snorting cocaine whenever he could...he's now POTUS.

But a chick who dabbled in some armchair witchcraft WAY BACK in the day is gonna take shit from here until the end of time just because she wants to be a US Senator...

You tell me...why?

http://www.villagevoice.com/1999-06-15/news/the-hillary-clinton-cheat-sheet/

Maybe because there are some who are still smoking and snorting that shit and she scares the piss out of them?

Tom
09-22-2010, 07:51 AM
Channeling the dead....that's how Bill met Hill.

fast4522
09-22-2010, 06:57 PM
That is probably the reason O'Donnell is going on Hannity instead of O'Reilly.:rolleyes:

All the Girl has to do is have a Obama voodoo doll on TV and the left will make her a broom and call her a witch while the rest of her state votes for her.

highnote
09-22-2010, 10:08 PM
You gotta admit, for an 85 year old man, Jimmy Carter still has a pretty good sense of humor...

I had to laugh when I read this blurb from Time magazine about one of his quotes:

Carter also slipped in a couple of barbs aimed at the GOP's controversial candidate to fill Vice President Joe Biden's former Senate seat, Christine O'Donnell. He noted that even though he launched his national profile as an anti-Washington politician, he probably wouldn't be welcome within the tea party movement, since unlike O'Donnell, he has never "been involved with witchcraft," and added that as a young man he "was not 100 percent against" a certain act that O'Donnell is famous for targeting in her past political career. We'll leave the rest to your imagination.

:D

bigmack
09-22-2010, 10:24 PM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/9_22_10_19_13_59.png

H.Clintoon: Eleanor...Eleanor (with echo)...This is Hilllllary
E.Rooosevelt: Hilary who and what do you want?
H. Clintoon: Eleanor...How can I get on a stamp someday?
E. Roosevelt: Lillian Faderman, Odd Girls and Twilight Lovers: A History of Lesbian Life in Twentieth-Century America, Penguin Books Ltd, 1991, p. 99

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/99999.jpg

highnote
09-22-2010, 10:48 PM
Didn't Nancy Regan use tarrot cards to run the country?

Tom
09-22-2010, 11:12 PM
Didn't Nancy Regan use tarrot cards to run the country?

She tried to get eye of newt!

PaceAdvantage
09-23-2010, 09:40 AM
Didn't Nancy Regan use tarrot cards to run the country?Did Nancy ever run for elected office?

highnote
09-23-2010, 08:11 PM
Did Nancy ever run for elected office?

It sounds like you're implying it was OK for Nancy Regan to use tarrot cards to run the country because she wasn't elected.

Mike at A+
09-23-2010, 09:09 PM
Speaking of stamps .....

The Postal Services created a stamp with a picture of President Obama. The stamp was not sticking to envelopes. This enraged the President, who demanded a full investigation. After a month of testing and $1.73 million in congressional spending, a special Presidential commission presented the following findings: The stamp is in perfect order. There is nothing wrong with the adhesive. People are spitting on the wrong side.

Rookies
09-23-2010, 09:15 PM
Speaking of stamps .....

The Postal Services created a stamp with a picture of President Obama. The stamp was not sticking to envelopes. This enraged the President, who demanded a full investigation. After a month of testing and $1.73 million in congressional spending, a special Presidential commission presented the following findings: The stamp is in perfect order. There is nothing wrong with the adhesive. People are spitting on the wrong side.

Oh- THAT old chestnut!

Seen that about 5 pols in 5 different jurisdictions and 2 countries... old and lame.

bigmack
09-23-2010, 09:28 PM
It sounds like you're implying it was OK for Nancy Regan to use tarrot cards to run the country because she wasn't elected.
What's with you and the continual cat & mouse game? Is this where someone asks you if you're inferring NR ran the country?

highnote
09-23-2010, 09:34 PM
What's with you and the continual cat & mouse game? Is this where someone asks you if you're inferring NR ran the country?

Are you inferring that I'm inferring that NR ran the country? :D

Tom
09-23-2010, 09:47 PM
Well, she ran it FAR BETTER than the rat-bastard thief running it now.

highnote
09-23-2010, 10:06 PM
Well, she ran it FAR BETTER than the rat-bastard thief running it now.

There is little doubt that a lot of people would agree with you.

cj's dad
09-24-2010, 09:13 AM
Oh- THAT old chestnut!

Seen that about 5 pols in 5 different jurisdictions and 2 countries... old and lame.

But this time it's probably true.

DRIVEWAY
09-25-2010, 06:56 PM
Christine O'Donnell claims that "Evolution is a Myth". "Evolution is a myth...why aren't monkeys still evolving into humans?"

http://abcnews.go.com/News/christine-odonnell-evolution-myth/story?id=11721684

redshift1
09-25-2010, 07:15 PM
Christine O'Donnell claims that "Evolution is a Myth". "Evolution is a myth...why aren't monkeys still evolving into humans?"

Well she won't be making any more those kinds of comments for awhile. She will be tightly controlled through the election plus her picnic schedule allows little time for campaigning.

DRIVEWAY
09-25-2010, 07:25 PM
Well she won't be making any more those kinds of comments for awhile. She will be tightly controlled through the election plus her picnic schedule allows little time for campaigning.

What will she do with 2 Million in campaign funds? What happens to the left over funds?

Tom
09-25-2010, 07:29 PM

Why aren't they?

boxcar
09-25-2010, 07:31 PM
Why aren't they?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You're killing me, Tom.

Boxcar

DRIVEWAY
09-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Why aren't they?

The Monkeys are too busy maturbating!

JustRalph
09-25-2010, 08:22 PM
Better a Squirrel than a Rino

DRIVEWAY
09-25-2010, 08:36 PM
Better a Squirrel than a Rino

The Rino may re-enter the contest as a write-in candidate. That means the contest will include a choice amongst a Rino, a Jackass and a Squirrel with 2 million acorns.

Canadian
09-25-2010, 09:03 PM
This is the lunitic your stuck with..... wow

bigmack
09-25-2010, 09:21 PM
This is the lunitic your stuck with..... wow
Ah, the wonders of a Canadian education. Posting little else but mocking quips about a certain political party in another country and the inability to spell.

'Lunitic' - What an ignoramus.

Canadian
09-25-2010, 09:44 PM
'Lunitic' - What an ignoramus.

Wow.... picking out spelling mistakes on an internet message board..... wow... how ever do you find them?

boxcar
09-25-2010, 09:45 PM
Wow.... picking out spelling mistakes on an internet message board..... wow... how ever do you find them?

The better question is how did you ever find us? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

bigmack
09-25-2010, 09:49 PM
Go back and look at your last 50 posts. Drink-in the ramblings of a boorish troll.

highnote
09-25-2010, 09:53 PM
"She may be nuts" Ya think ? Unless witchcraft and masturbation are key policy planks in the Tea Party election manual.:lol:

Down double digits already and this bit of lunacy hasn't even been polled yet. I'll give Rove credit. He knows his loons !

Yeah. But is she electable? :D

But seriously. Is she electable? What are her chances of winning the seat? I might be interested in laying odds against her winning.

Tom
09-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Go back and look at your last 50 posts. Drink-in the ramblings of a boorish troll.

What did trolls evolve from?

DRIVEWAY
09-25-2010, 10:31 PM
What did trolls evolve from?http://spacemanbob.com/blogger/forum_trolls.jpg (http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTb_uzr55MsFIA5.mjzbkF/SIG=1239cpp50/EXP=1285554483/**http%3a//spacemanbob.com/blogger/forum_trolls.jpg)

Forum Troll

Need 50,000 posts on Pace Advantage to turn into Forum Troll.

redshift1
09-25-2010, 11:02 PM
[/b]

What will she do with 2 Million in campaign funds? What happens to the left over funds?

Ethics Reform Act: No personal use of surplus campaign funds for loser. How that's enforced is anyone's guess.

Tom
09-25-2010, 11:04 PM
Or less than 500 vcash.

bigmack
09-25-2010, 11:11 PM
Look, now there's 2.5 million suckers - (According to some) :rolleyes:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/9_25_10_20_09_13.png

DRIVEWAY
09-25-2010, 11:18 PM
Look, now there's 2.5 million suckers - (According to some) :rolleyes:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/9_25_10_20_09_13.png

How much did bloggers on Pace Advantage DONATE? BIGMACK are you a man of action?

Please say you donated. Please say you gave $1000.

redshift1
09-25-2010, 11:29 PM
Here's your answer:

From several news sources

A tea party group is $1 million richer thanks to an anonymous donor who wants his money to influence this year's midterm elections.

Tom
09-25-2010, 11:46 PM
That still leaves 1.5 million. In 2 days. :D

bigmack
09-25-2010, 11:57 PM
How much did bloggers on Pace Advantage DONATE? BIGMACK are you a man of action?

Please say you donated. Please say you gave $1000.
Damn, you're clever. Can you point me to your cleverness when you wondered how many fools contributed to the campaign of a killer?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/9_25_10_20_55_12.png

Canadian
09-26-2010, 10:53 AM
What did trolls evolve from?

http://crookedtimber.org/2009/12/14/the-first-troll-identified/

Tom
09-26-2010, 11:21 AM
I was thinking more along the lines of keyboard trolls....who once lived under bridges.

Rookies
09-26-2010, 10:18 PM
Yeah. But is she electable? :D

But seriously. Is she electable? What are her chances of winning the seat? I might be interested in laying odds against her winning.

DO SO.

From RCP... she's as dead as a dodo.

Polling Data

PollDateSampleCoons (D)O'Donnell (R)Spread
RCP Average9/11 - 9/21 53.0- 37.3 Coons +15.7
CNN/Time (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/docs/2010/Time_CNN_Poll_CO_DE_PA_WI_922.pdf)9/17 - 9/21 55- 39 Coons +16
FOX News/POR-Rasmussen (http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/DE_Topline.pdf)9/18 - 9/18 54- 39 Coons +15
PPP (D) (http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_DE_915424.pdf)9/11 - 9/12 50- 34 Coons +16

JustRalph
09-27-2010, 12:26 AM
I never thought she was electable. But I am in favor of punishing the Rino. It is bigger than just that one race. Castle was a sacrificial lamb. Hell, he might win it anyway.............. :lol:

bigmack
09-27-2010, 12:34 AM
DO SO.

From RCP... she's as dead as a dodo.
Challenge yourself. Look-up the poll numbers for the Senatorial contest in MA. (That's the two letter acronym we use here in "The States" for Massachusetts)

Check out the poll numbers a month before the Brown/Coakley vote. I believe at one point she was ahead by over 30. :D

highnote
09-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Challenge yourself. Look-up the poll numbers for the Senatorial contest in MA. (That's the two letter acronym we use here in "The States" for Massachusetts)

Check out the poll numbers a month before the Brown/Coakley vote. I believe at one point she was ahead by over 30. :D

Never underestimate your opponent.

JustRalph
09-27-2010, 04:14 PM

whole different animal. I think the media refused to take Brown serious in that one. This time they are way out front ......... tearing the Waft Witch apart every chance they get............she can't win with the media after her this hard

Mike at A+
09-27-2010, 06:18 PM
whole different animal. I think the media refused to take Brown serious in that one. This time they are way out front ......... tearing the Waft Witch apart every chance they get............she can't win with the media after her this hard
Unless people's brains evolve someday and discover that even the media has an agenda.

bigmack
09-27-2010, 06:30 PM
whole different animal. I think the media refused to take Brown serious in that one. This time they are way out front
Not true. She was so far out in front she rested on her laurels. Media had little to do with it. Brown & his truck, coupled with 51st vote on HC was the ticket.

O'Donnell should get a truck. Though even then she's doomed.

cj's dad
09-28-2010, 08:51 AM
Remember folks, this is the state that gave the US Senate Joe Biden over and over and over.....