PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to HRTV and thank you Dish Network!!

GARY Z
09-13-2010, 07:45 PM
If you have Dish, or want a reason to buy it,HRTV provides a vast array
of Tracks, and importantly, expert commentary from knowledgeable
people.

Discovered last night HRTV is telcasting the Keenland sales, and watched
one baby go for 4,200,00 last night. and one go tonight for 2,050,000.

Recession, what recession. :confused: :jump: :jump:

jelly
09-13-2010, 08:46 PM
Verizon has HRTV and TVG.

ronsmac
09-13-2010, 10:15 PM
I think expert commentary is a stretch.

SharpCat
09-14-2010, 12:02 AM
Gotta love HRTV on Monday and Tuesday. Let's take a look at HRTV programming for tommorrow. Palm Partnership Training, Al Dunning Training Series, Tom Pierson Training, Monty Roberts Backstage Pass, For The Love of Horses, Riding High America, Horsing Aroung the World. No live racing at all. I know Monday and Tuesday are slow but they easily could show just the track feeds with no commentary.

PhantomOnTour
09-14-2010, 02:04 AM
Yeah, the Monday and Tuesday programming doesn't excite me, but they have great stuff like 'Inside Information', which features stories on everything from Jake Radosevich to the Tevis Cup.
They have a lot of horsepeople in their on-air lineup. Jeff Siegel was in with Team Valor (almost won it with Cpt Bodgit!) as an owner in some capacity, Carolyn Conley obviously has experience on horseback, as does Becky Witzman. I think they were/are both excercise riders. Hazelton and Pincay Jr. have obvious backstretch ties. Don't know what to make of Vercruysee or John White. The former is some sorta' west coast wet-lookin, perpetual Dan Marino summer tan, polished Ken Rudulph announcer type who's a little better at handicapping than Ken. The latter is the host of 'Inside Info' and is a human racing encyclopedia, well traveled and well liked, who just happens to bore the sheets outta me.

By the way, the Tevis Cup is awesome. A 100 mile horse 'race' over an 19th century gold or silver route in Nevada or Cali...can't remember. To finish is to win so first place isn't all there is to it. The race takes about 20hrs or more to complete and is done in one day. The horses are seen by a team of vets every 15-20 miles or so and are very well looked after. Most contestants and top finishers have at least one full bred Arabian side of their pedigree, but interestingly, it is a quarter horse who's completed the race the most times. Neat :ThmbUp:

GARY Z
09-14-2010, 07:02 AM
I'd love to have Verizon, but according to VZ info, this service won't
be in my area for at least three years.

Dish loss of reception has actually lessened, still annoying and Verizon
service would minimize this problem.

As far as a stretch on commentary TVG offers little
ompetition unless you like to see mind bets
of pick 3/4/6/ bets which constantly suck.

I'm still waiting for TVG to provide an ROI statement on these
selections, and, unfortunately I believe some of the viewing public are following these picks as they still continue..

Tom
09-14-2010, 10:48 AM
Something positive to say about TVG.......

Matty is on two weeks vacation.....they won't suck as much for a few days!

exiles
09-14-2010, 02:15 PM
[QUOTE=Tom]Something positive to say about TVG.......

Matty is on two weeks vacation.....they won't suck as much for a few days![/QUOTE

Oh shucks, what will my 5 year old do now MATTIE was his favorite clown.:lol:

Marshall Bennett
09-14-2010, 03:02 PM
Me thinks they're all on vacation .

redshift1
09-14-2010, 03:42 PM
Lots of interesting comments on the TVG website regarding the decision to withhold the Saturday opening day races from Belmont. As expected not much support for TVG's explanation.

The real buzz though on the TVG's fan forums is the disappearance of the Monday and Tuesday live shows hosted by Rich Perloff there must be 50 posts asking for an explanation .... and then there's the amazing non-response from TVG.

toussaud
09-14-2010, 04:56 PM
quite frankly if you are wagering on horse racing on an avg Tuesday you have issues. everyone needs a dark day and let's get real no one sits down all day to watch phil park, thistledown/river downs, paririe meadows.

you can only gamble so much a week. you have to take a few days off and the only tuesday i play in the year is the Tuesday before the derby when Churchill just opens, and guess waht, they broadcast that day.

i'm more pissed because they have put aussie racing on the back-burner seemingly. i usecd to really look forward to the races from down under though i do still catch them on the track feed

Marshall Bennett
09-14-2010, 07:20 PM
Lots of interesting comments on the TVG website regarding the decision to withhold the Saturday opening day races from Belmont. As expected not much support for TVG's explanation.

The real buzz though on the TVG's fan forums is the disappearance of the Monday and Tuesday live shows hosted by Rich Perloff there must be 50 posts asking for an explanation .... and then there's the amazing non-response from TVG.
Host a community and toss it's members to the wolves. :lol:

thespaah
09-14-2010, 09:12 PM

The real buzz though on the TVG's fan forums is the disappearance of the Monday and Tuesday live shows hosted by Rich Perloff there must be 50 posts asking for an explanation .... and then there's the amazing non-response from TVG.Regarding programming and presentation, TVG never responds to emails.
I can attest to this because I have sent serveral polite emails to TVG management with ZERO replies.
I am thinking TVG has the most arrogant and aloof management style of any tv service.

JustRalph
09-14-2010, 10:24 PM
Regarding programming and presentation, TVG never responds to emails.
I can attest to this because I have sent serveral polite emails to TVG management with ZERO replies.
I am thinking TVG has the most arrogant and aloof management style of any tv service.

The TVG personalities used to respond if you could figure out their "real address" I used to exchange emails with them pretty often in the early days.

One day I got an email from a "former" on air personality (part time on air, who had a behind the scenes job that was very important) who advised me that things had changed and they were now having their emails monitored.

Emails at TVG suddenly went away.............started bouncing back.

Tom
09-14-2010, 10:50 PM

Perloff's show was the one bright spot on TVG. The non-response just underscore that TVG cares not a bit about anyone. Look, like Al says, they are a business - they are an infomercial for Pick 6 betting, nothing else.
When you watch TVG, you are dealing with Ron Popiel. If they could sell a Pocket Fisherrman, they would.:ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

thespaah
09-14-2010, 10:50 PM
The TVG personalities used to respond if you could figure out their "real address" I used to exchange emails with them pretty often in the early days.

One day I got an email from a "former" on air personality (part time on air, who had a behind the scenes job that was very important) who advised me that things had changed and they were now having their emails monitored.

Emails at TVG suddenly went away.............started bouncing back.Rich Perloff would read emails on the air all the time.
Same with Gary Seibel.

redshift1
09-14-2010, 11:21 PM

Emails at TVG suddenly went away.............started bouncing back.

Most corporations aggressively monitor e-mail and internet activity. Every year I have to sign multiple documents which list the various offenses you might be disciplined for and what the consequences might be up to and including discharge.

redshift1
09-15-2010, 02:25 PM
From TVG website:

Beginning this Monday, September 13th, TVG will continue to broadcast racing, but without host commentary on both Mondays and Tuesdays.

You can always check results for free at TVG.com.

Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments and we will pass them along for management to review.

pandy
09-15-2010, 02:51 PM
Now that I have RTN through Dish I don't watch TVG quite as much but I did look forward to Rich Perloff on Monday/Tuesdays.